Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    To be fair, this guy was the lead designer for Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War, and I loved that game. I assume a game like Diablo just wasn't his forte.

Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    Hahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Fuck that loser.
    This made me giggle like a school girl.

Hopefully the game improves.

There might be hope for D3 after all.

Obligatory "Fuck that loser".
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

now go rehire blizzard north and build the game back up from scratch

haha jk diablo 3 cant be saved

Quote Originally Posted by Gasblossom View Post
    He also made a game that has been very well received for many years. D3 was reviled 3 months after it was released.
    GC didn't make WoW, but he did a great deal improving it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    GC didn't make WoW, but he did a great deal improving it though.
    "Improving it". Veeery discutable.

Fuck that loser

Serious note: I hope the game gets better and GC is next.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Pretty interesting stuff.

I am not a fan of Wilson, but I do think people wrongly attributed D3's woes to Wilson alone. However, can't say I am unhappy about Wilson's leave.
    We'll find out if he was the source of the problems with D3 when they launch the New project he's working on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    "Improving it". Veeery discutable.
    It's rather difficult to actually argue that he hasn't improved it. As an example, pretty much all specs for all classes are somewhat viable in just about every aspect of the game now (which they weren't at all in TBC). Sure some things suck but overall, since TBC the game has vastly improved and kept strong, which is an incredibly difficult thing to do for such a long time, not to mention while competing with the vast changes the entire MMO market itself has undergone in recent years.

OT I'd say its a good thing he's gone. I won't blame him for the faults of Diablo because really, we all know he's not solely to blame. However, he is far too hot headed to lead a team and his attitude towards other developers leaves something to be desired. My one hope is that he really stays away from Titan though

The guy is a total douche, especially during that fiasco between him and the father of the Diablo series; I regret he wasn't just outright fired for that abhorrent behavior.

Am I jaded? A little, but anybody else would have been fired. Remember what they did to Tseric? (Believe that was his name) Tseric went off on the forums, fired a day later. Jay Wilson goes off on Facebook, keeps his job.

Meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Fuck that loser

Serious note: I hope the game gets better and GC is next.
    Why? So we can laud about how "things were better back when we had GC"? For God's sake, people. WoW is going to move in the same direction regardless of whether or not GC works for Blizzard. He is not the overseer and ultimate say in of all the fucking changes made in the game.

Edit: el oh el WoW in a D3 thread. Don't mind me, thread derailing is my profession.

lets just hope he doesnt help ruin whatever project hes being transferred to

10+ Year Old Account
    I lol'ed

Someone posted this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M on the official forums following the news

Quote Originally Posted by Spriggs View Post
    To be fair, this guy was the lead designer for Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War, and I loved that game. I assume a game like Diablo just wasn't his forte.
    Oh great, now he'll work on Warcraft 4...

Good riddens. Glad he finally realizes he rode D3 into the ground then decided to get off it to do something else. Maybe D3 can get under the right direction and rise from the ashes. Wishful thinking mind you.. But a man can dream..

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    I lol'ed

Someone posted this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M on the official forums following the news
    bueheheh, that's funny!

Taken from reddit:

This guy is a straight up liar.

I recently celebrated my seven-year anniversary working on Diablo III

Jay didn't even START working at BLIZZARD until 2007, let alone on Diablo 3. He worked at Relic before that. He is credited working as senior designer on Company of Heroes, through part of 2007.

He can't even make a goddamn graceful exit without bullshit.

For fucks sake.

UPDATE I was just banned for quoting him in a reply on the D3 forums and saying he was hired there in 2007

(http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comme...good_riddance/)

As long as the auction house remains in the game, there is no salvaging of Diablo to a level it could possibly be on without it. That is just IMO, but AH (RMAH even more) ruins the whole point behind this kind of game.

The only people who care about this seem to be the haters

The game had:

1. Amazing sales.

and

2. Amazing reviews.

There is a vocal minority who seem to want to take their poor life decisions out on Jay WIlson.
    Free-To-Play is the future.