Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    The only people who care about this seem to be the haters

The game had:

1. Amazing sales.

and

2. Amazing reviews.

There is a vocal minority who seem to want to take their poor life decisions out on Jay WIlson.
    Just because a game had amazing reviews or amazing sells dose not make it a good game.

The amazing sells are due to the name alone and people waiting years for a D3.

The amazing reviews are due to some reviewers being payed off or only playing the demo. point proven look at ign they gave it a 9.5 but other way better games a less score.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-01-17 at 11:30 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

"To that point, you shouldn't be surprised if you see a job posting for a game director on Diablo III, as we want to make sure we explore every opportunity to find the best possible leadership for the project. We're looking forward to finding this person and hearing what kind of fresh ideas they can bring to the table."

Yeah, this isn't good news by any means. Usually when someone leaves in good circumstances, they have or the company has already hand picked someone to replace him / her.
    In my day we didn't have World of Warcraft or Guild Wars. We had World War 2, and when you shot at the Germans it aggroed five thousand of their friends!

"A blind, deaf, comatose lobotomy patient could feel my anger!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Redriot View Post
    Cue picture of Jay with a chav hat on "Fuck that loser".

Not that I should care, I haven't played Diablo3 in a while. I love the franchise despite my feelings towards the third installment, maybe changes will be made that will appeal to me more. /exicited.

Also this.
    I have played all three Diablo games and all their addons/expansions(even the hellfire expansion for the first game) and have liked all three. D3 by far the most due to its flexible skill system. I have never been one to stay and farm for items in single player games. I play the game beat all the difficulties and then I am done. I never had an issue with D3 thought it was a good game. With the exception of the unstable start with connection issues and incredible difficulty on Inferno, which leads me to believe me no one really wanted a tough Inferno at all, It got rave reviews by all of the respected game rags and sites, and sold incredibly well even after the rocky start.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Just because a game had amazing reviews or amazing sells dose not make it a good game.

the amazing sells are due to the name alone and people waiting years for a D3.

The amazing reviews are due to some reviewers being payed off or only playing the demo. point proven look at ign they gave it a 9.5
    Disagree with the bolded part. Many forget that the game itself doesn't have many issues until you get to level 60 and inferno, which many reviewers unlikely reached (as they tend to spend very small amounts of time playing games). Most of the reviews come from people who played the 1-60 experience but didn't get enough time to see the soul destroying and completely unrewarding grind it becomes once you actually reach level 60. So yeh, the reviews are off, but not because people were bought off or anything silly like that.

Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    Disagree with the bolded part. Many forget that the game itself doesn't have many issues until you get to level 60 and inferno, which many reviewers unlikely reached (as they tend to spend very small amounts of time playing games). Most of the reviews come from people who played the 1-60 experience but didn't get enough time to see the soul destroying and completely unrewarding grind it becomes once you actually reach level 60. So yeh, the reviews are off, but not because people were bought off or anything silly like that.
    That's why I said some being payed off or only playing the demo.

Ill even go as far as they played from normal to hell but didn't touch inferno. To make a good review of a ARPG you must play every single part of it soft/hardcore and all game mode settings.

But like I originally said a game can have a 10 score review and sell millions that dose not mean its a great game its just the opinion of the reviewer.

And in my opinion in this case the name sold the game.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account

I guess that's Karma?
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    Kinda sad to read all these comments really.

Some of you guys and girls really need to take a break from computers and take a walk in the sunshine (or snow and ice in this case) and interact with some real people. You know, face to face.
    There's criticising a direction of something, and then there's straight up hate for someone who most, if not all, of you don't even know.

OT: It will be interesting to see where blizz takes Diablo 3 now. I'm content with how the game plays in whatever form. I'm not a hardcore player for sure, I don't care for that extra +1 dex or 1% IAS or for paying over 100 mill on a single piece of gear.
    Whatever happens, for me, it'll be all good

I can't say i'm not vulnerable to internet rage at times, Apple is my achilles heel. Yes, I hate the company with a passion, but not the people who work for them.

wow good frakkin riddance. Get that tool out of reach of Diablo 3. I may come back of his crap is undone.

It's rather difficult to actually argue that he hasn't improved it. As an example, pretty much all specs for all classes are somewhat viable in just about every aspect of the game now (which they weren't at all in TBC).
    Made them homogenic and bland.

Sure some things suck but overall, since TBC the game has vastly improved and kept strong, which is an incredibly difficult thing to do for such a long time, not to mention while competing with the vast changes the entire MMO market itself has undergone in recent years.
    The game has less and less content. In Cata DS was out 11 months and other 2 tiers were out for 7 months. The quality has been going down as well.

OT I'd say its a good thing he's gone. I won't blame him for the faults of Diablo because really, we all know he's not solely to blame. However, he is far too hot headed to lead a team and his attitude towards other developers leaves something to be desired. My one hope is that he really stays away from Titan though
    He is a ungreatful douchebag. Diablo 3 only sold well cause of the Diablo 2 devs and he spat in their faces. SHould have been fired ages ago.

Makes you think a bit, you'd assume he's now working on Titan. And with some speculation that 'Titan' is a Diablo MMO, was D3 just a test for some of the fundamental systems of Titan? Who knows? What the future holds will be interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey if the series goes up from here I ain't gonna complain about his departure.

Quote Originally Posted by thomolithic View Post
    Kinda sad to read all these comments really.

Some of you guys and girls really need to take a break from computers and take a walk in the sunshine (or snow and ice in this case) and interact with some real people. You know, face to face.
    There's criticising a direction of something, and then there's straight up hate for someone who most, if not all, of you don't even know.
    Well when a person tells me the way I have fun in a game I payed 60$ for is wrong and then turns around and says that what I did in another game did not happen kinda makes me not like the person at all.

Also when said person disrespects the original maker if the game series he is on and dose not realise he would not have a job if it was not for this man kinda adds more fuel to the fire.

Jay Wilson is a disrespectful ass and he gets what he gives its as simple as that.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't get the hate.

I tried Diablo 3, found that i wasn't my cup of tea, and moved on. What's the problem?

People seem to be obsessed with this Wilson guy.

Fuck me running.. now hes going to ruin Titan too.... god damn it.
    "You take 4,994,468 boredom damage from daily quests.... You have died."

10+ Year Old Account
    Well when a person tells me the way I have fun in a game I payed 60$ for is wrong and then turns around and says that what I did in another game did not happen kinda makes me not like the person at all.

Also when said person disrespects the original maker if the game series he is on and dose not realise he would not have a job if it was not for this man kinda adds more fuel to the fire.

Jay Wilson is a disrespectful ass and he gets what he gives its as simple as that.
    Two wrongs don't make a right. Anyone insulting him now are just as bad as he is. Not really simple.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    I really don't get the hate.

I tried Diablo 3, found that i wasn't my cup of tea, and moved on. What's the problem?

People seem to be obsessed with this Wilson guy.
    He f'ed up my game what else is their to say? He called the shots like wth and some of you feel sorry? Please I could give a F about the sympathy I care of what satisfaction of how a game is fun and he made it garbage alright? I endured it so much then realized this is probably the dumbest thing I have ever grinded in my life. I loved D2 I played it EVEN longer then D3.

His team and him BROKE the g-dam game they ruined the franchise because they wanted things NEW there work NOT the previous authors work, Wth did that do? Backfire most of us are quitting the game left to right because of it.

/Breaks a blood vessel

He disrespected Blizzard? When?

Deleted
    The only thing i like in D3 is my monk <3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    wow good frakkin riddance. Get that tool out of reach of Diablo 3. I may come back of his crap is undone.
    If you have something to say, you could just review before posting. Would make it easier to read. What you wrote is just noise.

I am a little surprised there have been some intelligent replies in this thread, it's hope-inspiring. I made the bad idea of finding out about this news on gamespot, which is an awful website and the comments disgusted me. Reddit, not much better and here, of all places, all not so bad.

I think it was the wrong guy for the job but I hope he has a good remaining of life and remember kids.. Someone made him in charge, he didn't barge in and hold everyone at gunpoint, so cut him some slack, he tried and it didn't work out. If you think Blizzard are dropping standards, consider pointing your venom towards those that would engage this guy. And for the records, dIII is a Blemish on an overall good record for blizz, they will not afford repeating that so don't start with the 'he's been brought into titan for the ah shop etc.. it's not going to happen.. Think.. think, some of you are not doing it.'

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Two wrongs don't make a right. Anyone insulting him now are just as bad as he is. Not really simple.
    It really is simple. He wants respect he needs to learn to give it until then I could really careless.

I'm happy he is not apart of d3 anymore cause now maybe things can look up for D3.

I find it funny that the TDM system just got scrapped a few weeks back and not Jay Wilson has "Decided" to step down from the D3 team. I think someone on the higher ups forced him to step down due to how things have turned out with D3.

In Beta everything ripped out from D3 was because Jay Wilson did not like it or want it there. The whole skill system rewamp before the game went into public beta was due to Jay Wilson.

So yes I am happy he is not apart of it anymore and I hope he is never apart of any game I enjoy. With that said I hope he dose find a job doing something he really likes as long as its not on a game I like.

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 11:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Noctifer616 View Post
    He disrespected Blizzard? When?
    ....He disrespected the former leader of blizzard north who took part in making D1/D2+LOD its clear what your trying to do with that reply but figure I would say it anyway.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-01-17 at 11:53 PM.