Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What Happened to the Maces?

Been playing a pally now since cataclysm and as a dwarf I've always liked havin a nice shiney mace in my main hand, and as a dwarf having that little boost to expertise was always nice, was scrolling through the raid/dungeon loot and noticed that there are no PVE maces with melee stats dropping anywhere. There's the option of reforging a pvp mace but I'm primarily a raider and don't want to take the time to get all those honor/conquest points. Anyone else with me here in thinking they should bring back the maces? (Humans can also benefit from main hand maces)

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    In 5.2 you can mog 1h axes and swords into 1maces... Same goes for the 2h versions, so a lack of maces shouldn't be that big an issue.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

we had sulfuras. It just had a 5% drop rate of heroic ragnaros.
    nevermind that 5.3 raid items aren't even known yet.

God forbid that there ever be another legendary 2-handed mace in the history of WoW. 2 legendary 2-handed axes in 3 expansions? Seriously..

Will be mogging Mace of Acrid Death as soon as the patch goes live, not sure about the two handers.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    God forbid that there ever be another legendary 2-handed mace in the history of WoW. 2 legendary 2-handed axes in 3 expansions? Seriously..
    2 legendary axes? I don't think Shin'ka really counts as a legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    2 legendary axes? I don't think Shin'ka really counts as a legendary.
    It will soon enough, just wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    It will soon enough, just wait.
    Nah, I think the "legendary" bit is coming from all the gems the dark prince keeps tossing around like Pluto at a strip club.

Im sure there will be a "fear-breaker" look-alike mace somewhere in this expansion, whether its 1h or 2h idk.

I miss that 1% expertise, atleast will be able to transmog into maces

......................Protection Paladin PoV.....................

Yea, can not to wait to use Hammer of the Narru more often for transmogging, just love the TBC Draenei Paladin, well at least we had a nice sword last expansion, too. But yea, Paladin and maces, there is just something about it and as the human the expertise always comes in handy.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do hope that the weapon selection in the next raid will be more eclectic and not, say, all axes and fists all the time. It'd be really nice if I could get a sha-touched 2h mace.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Telwar View Post
    I do hope that the weapon selection in the next raid will be more eclectic and not, say, all axes and fists all the time. It'd be really nice if I could get a sha-touched 2h mace.
    I've seen 2x 2h mace models so far.

Deleted
    Maces are the gayest of all two handed weapons. Axe > Sword > Mace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    First, I don't think 'gay' even remotely applies to the comparison of weapons, grow up.
    Also, it is a matter of personal opinion! Personally I love maces and find they fit nicely with the Paladin theme.
    Nonetheless, do I obnoxiously assert my opinion as correct? No. Learn the same courtesy!

Axes are for Orc Warriors dude, not Paladins. Thematically, axes are terrible for Paladins.

10+ Year Old Account
    So then by that logic, are you the gayest of posters? Your avatar is a mace, which, funny enough, is the paladin class icon.

The startling conclusion...

OT: I don't play anyone who uses maces, really. I guess my druid CAN, but he doesn't. HOnestly I think the bonus-to-weapon-type racials should just go away so that this isn't a problem.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

10+ Year Old Account
    Discuss weapon types please, not orientation.

~Fhi

If there aren't already some decent maces going around, there ought to be. Speak softly and carry a big stick after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    OT: I don't play anyone who uses maces, really. I guess my druid CAN, but he doesn't. HOnestly I think the bonus-to-weapon-type racials should just go away so that this isn't a problem.
    Actually, I think there was a question on Twitter about whether the designers liked racials and the response was along the lines of "We're kind of getting annoyed by them actually, but they're a holdover from other RPG stuff like D&D so we kind of have to keep them."
    Last edited by Jackielope; 2013-01-21 at 10:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

15+ Year Old Account
    Wondered the same thing in Cata, it's what made me change my shaman back into a Draenei