Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayro1 View Post
    No idea what kind of Subway you eat at, but their meat is actual meat.

Oh really?
    I didn't know tapioca starch is commonly found in chicken breast meat.

CHICKEN BREAST PATTY Chicken breast with rib meat, water, seasoning (corn syrup solids, vinegar powder [maltodextrin, modified corn starch & tapioca starch, dried vinegar], brown sugar, salt, dextrose, garlic powder, onion powder, chicken type flavor [hydrolyzed corn gluten, autolyzed yeast extract, partially hydrogenated soybean oil and cottonseed oil, thiamine hydrochloride, disodium inosinate & disodium guanylate]), sodium phosphate.

http://subway.com/subwayroot/MenuNut...gredients.aspx

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    Really, I've never seen greasy bread there, I also don't eat mayonnaise.
    Yeah JJ bread is just straight up made out of mayo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Oh the horror, they're off by an inch

/sarcasm.
    Immagine a tech sayign that to you about your air trafic controll screen " O the horror the calibration was off by an inch ... /sarcasm"

Inc "how can you compare a sandwich to LIVES AMG" .... an inch is an inch you either abid by what you promote or just call it small and large and save the headaches!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Oh really?
    I didn't know tapioca starch is commonly found in chicken breast meat.

CHICKEN BREAST PATTY Chicken breast with rib meat, water, seasoning (corn syrup solids, vinegar powder [maltodextrin, modified corn starch & tapioca starch, dried vinegar], brown sugar, salt, dextrose, garlic powder, onion powder, chicken type flavor [hydrolyzed corn gluten, autolyzed yeast extract, partially hydrogenated soybean oil and cottonseed oil, thiamine hydrochloride, disodium inosinate & disodium guanylate]), sodium phosphate.

http://subway.com/subwayroot/MenuNut...gredients.aspx
    are you really mad that an ingredient of an ingredient has tapioca starch?

15+ Year Old Account
    The philly cheese steaks they make there are jawesomeeeeeeeeeeeee.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2013-01-17 at 10:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayro1 View Post
    No idea what kind of Subway you eat at, but their meat is actual meat.
    In the same way that pink slime is meat.

If you like super processed "meat" products, then Subway is for you. Me, I like to go to places that serve meats that were not a slurry at one time.

It is like calling Kraft singles real cheese.
    Last edited by Roose; 2013-01-17 at 10:29 PM.
    I like sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    are you really mad that an ingredient of an ingredient has tapioca starch?

Calling a processed meat patty that contains all kinds of food additives as "real meat" is deceptive.

1.) The meat is heavily salted and preserved, because with the way they do things it's left out at room temperature all day open til close, and maybe even after, I don't know, I've never worked in fast food. That's common for deli meat in general anyway, unless you specifically request low or no sodium types.

2.) When you order a 12 inch, it's enough to overfill any reasonable sized person. Half reasonably sized, even. It's fine. There's no reason to be internet outraged with a bunch of other losers who have nothing else in their lives about it.

3.) You're paying $5. Get over yourselves.

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 05:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    The philly cheese steaks they make there are jawesomeeeeeeeeeeeee.
    I tried a steak and cheese there once and only once.

It was fucking attrocious.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Calling a processed meat patty that contains all kinds of food additives as "real meat" is deceptive.
    not really, that's like saying adding pepper to meat makes it not meat anymore.

i'll see your $5 Subway and raise you my $7 "The BOMB" (a local deli near my gf's place)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sheffield View Post
    i'll see your $5 Subway and raise you my $7 "The BOMB" (a local deli near my gf's place)
    Well, that pretty much answers the question of why we have an obesity crisis......I shudder to think how many calories is in that. Or how far I would have to run to burn that off.

Plus you cant possibly appreciate the taste of all those fillings, it would just be one massive chaotic mess of flavours. Not to mention no one needs that amount of food for lunch, surely you are left feeling bloated?

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield View Post
    I would see that and raise you the Godzilla from my local deli.

Pastrami, American cheese, and Thousand Island dressing.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    not really, that's like saying adding pepper to meat makes it not meat anymore.
    Your line of thinking is the problem I have with the food labelling system we have. It's not "chicken" anymore, it's chicken with pepper added. Just like the subway chicken patty isn't "real chicken," it's chicken meat with processed ingredients added. It's deceptive, plain and simple.

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 10:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tlacoatl View Post
    Well, that pretty much answers the question of why we have an obesity crisis......I shudder to think how many calories is in that. Or how far I would have to run to burn that off.

Plus you cant possibly appreciate the taste of all those fillings, it would just be one massive chaotic mess of flavours. Not to mention no one needs that amount of food for lunch, surely you are left feeling bloated?

Who cares if people want to eat a 2,000 calorie lunch? It's none of your business.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Subway is about as healthy as Taco Bell; except in the latter case, they actually have drive throughs. Not that I would eat Mexican food.
    Some Subways have drive-thrus, but it's uncommon. The Subway in Sierra Vista, AZ had one when I lived there in 2006.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

10+ Year Old Account
    Your line of thinking is the problem I have with the food labelling system we have. It's not "chicken" anymore, it's chicken with pepper added. Just like the subway chicken patty isn't "real chicken," it's chicken meat with processed ingredients added. It's deceptive, plain and simple.

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 10:38 PM ----------

Who cares if people want to eat a 2,000 calorie lunch? It's none of your business.
    So let me get this straight ... you're looking for extra regulation on food products that might be mislabeling their products to people uneducated about the subject?! But I should be free to think that the chicken in my Subway sandwhich is pure chicken, I mean ... there is no evidence that tapioca starch has hurt anyone. Why should it be regulated?

^ Sarcasm.

heh, my gf and i share 1 of those over 2 meals.. but yeah, that thing is huge.. i've never eaten more than a 3rd of that in 1 sitting

I can accept the argument that it's not going to be precise, but wouldn't that mean you should find some that are more than 12" and some that are less?

I honestly have never been a fan of Subway. Wind up paying $9 for a sandwich, chips, and a drink that is made up of plenty of vegetables, lots of bread, and about 6 slices of meat sliced as thin as physically possible. It's like eating a vegetable sandwich with deli meat flavor spread. The price to product ratio isn't there for me.

And I love how they talk up that they're the only restaurant approved by Doctor's Associates. No surprise since they're owned by Doctor's Associates, Inc.

Compare the calories and such from a cold cut combo foot long with chips and drink to an Original Chicken Sandwich combo from Chick-Fil-A and you might be surprised by the differences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds glorious. Ever heard of saving for later?

My gripe is that people go to eat the shitty food at Subway instead of going to the local places with good quality ingredients. We can't have any good places to eat because people have gutter pallets and can't do anything that was not told to them in a commercial.

Fuck Subway in the eye. Bring back local sandwich shops!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh ya, how in the hell do you think Subway has kept these subs at $5 when everything else in the world has doubled in the past decade? Run off all the legit restaurants with their cheap shitty meat.

I will get called nostalgic, but Subway was good 15-20 years ago. Footlongs cost about $5 then too, but they were actually good. With success came lower quality. God bless capitalism! So many dumb ass consumers ruining shit for us that want quality products.
    Last edited by Roose; 2013-01-17 at 10:52 PM.
    I like sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    So let me get this straight ... you're looking for extra regulation on food products that might be mislabeling their products to people uneducated about the subject?! But I should be free to think that the chicken in my Subway sandwhich is pure chicken, I mean ... there is no evidence that tapioca starch has hurt anyone. Why should it be regulated?

^ Sarcasm.
    I don't even...perhaps you could re-write that in a manner that makes sense to someone other than yourself.

It's no different than the taco bell beef thing: Our ground beef is made with "Real meat!" *

*60% beef, 40% filler. lol

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    well a footlong implies its a foot long, as in 12inches.
    I realize im a couple pages behind here, but it could also mean just as long as some random guy's foot!