Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    I don't even...perhaps you could re-write that in a manner that makes sense to someone other than yourself.

    It's no different than the taco bell beef thing: Our ground beef is made with "Real meat!" *



    *60% beef, 40% filler. lol
    88% beef and really if you had taco meat that was 100% beef it would be dry and flavorless.

  2. #62
    Bloodsail Admiral Giants41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New York, United States of America
    Posts
    1,064
    5 dollar..... 5 dollar fooooot longgggg
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

  3. #63
    Pit Lord Odina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    2,260
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    I realize im a couple pages behind here, but it could also mean just as long as some random guy's foot!
    Go back a couple pages to the add subway plays on the TV here where they say 12 inches... unless thats a random ruler there using for 12 inches as well?

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    88% beef and really if you had taco meat that was 100% beef it would be dry and flavorless.
    For most people the concern is the "other" ingredients. Sure, taco meat needs seasoning, but food additives that extend shelf life, holding time and stability? Why do you think they work so hard to try and obscure those things with deceptive wording and marketing.

  5. #65
    Legendary! Reg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Manhattan
    Posts
    6,531
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    I don't even...perhaps you could re-write that in a manner that makes sense to someone other than yourself.

    It's no different than the taco bell beef thing: Our ground beef is made with "Real meat!" *




    *60% beef, 40% filler. lol
    The point is that on one hand, regulating video games is bad because "Mind your business!" But on the other hand, we need regulation on tapioca starch because it's not chicken!

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    The point is that on one hand, regulating video games is bad because "Mind your business!" But on the other hand, we need regulation on tapioca starch because it's not chicken!


    Video game content is on the box, finding nutritional information is next to impossible without internet access.

    Try again, please.

  7. #67
    Legendary! Reg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Manhattan
    Posts
    6,531
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Video game content is on the box, finding nutrional information is next to impossible without internet access.

    Try again, please.
    All nutritional information is available at any establishment that sells food. There, I tried.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    For most people the concern is the "other" ingredients. Sure, taco meat needs seasoning, but food additives that extend shelf life, holding time and stability? Why do you think they work so hard to try and obscure those things with deceptive wording and marketing.
    A big concern is the nitrates. However, some meat products advertising themselves as "natural" still contain stuff like nitrates and other additives.

    As for the 11 vs 12 inch thing, a place like Subway tightly controls how many slices of meat and cheese are used on the subs. So an extra inch means a bit more bread, a bit more lettuce maybe, but no more meat or cheese. I wouldn't be surprised if they start slicing their meat and cheese more thinly to save money though lol.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    For most people the concern is the "other" ingredients. Sure, taco meat needs seasoning, but food additives that extend shelf life, holding time and stability? Why do you think they work so hard to try and obscure those things with deceptive wording and marketing.
    ok after meat the next two biggest ingredients were water and salt, are those crazy bad things that that are not normal in food?

  10. #70
    bring back the V cut! Subway tasted so much better back then...

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    All nutritional information is available at any establishment that sells food. There, I tried.
    lol

    Obviously you've never been into a fast food outlet before, getting your hands on the ingredients list for their food products is essentially impossible. Calorie counts and other nutrition facts are usually on a wall display, but the ingredients lists is not part of that information.

  12. #72
    Legendary! Reg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Manhattan
    Posts
    6,531
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    lol

    Obviously you've never been into a fast food outlet before, getting your hands on the ingredients list for their food products is essentially impossible. Calorie counts and other nutrition facts are usually on a wall display, but the ingredients lists is not part of that information.
    Apparently you'd rather stomp your feet about your rights than walk up to an employee and ask. Legally required to have ingredient lists. I know some of you people on the internet have a hard time talking to real life people, but that's not "essentially impossible."

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    ok after meat the next two biggest ingredients were water and salt, are those crazy bad things that that are not normal in food?
    Way to cherry pick the ingredients. I really do think you're intentionally obtuse just to have something to talk about.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    lol

    Obviously you've never been into a fast food outlet before, getting your hands on the ingredients list for their food products is essentially impossible. Calorie counts and other nutrition facts are usually on a wall display, but the ingredients lists is not part of that information.
    Actually ingredient lists are like required by law. so they have to at a fast food place if its a national chain, maybe a mom and pop won't but then they could just tell you what goes into the food.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 10:59 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Way to cherry pick the ingredients. I really do think you're intentionally obtuse just to have something to talk about.
    No, I'm not cherry picking Ingredients are listed in order they are in a product based on mass. For taco bell the first 3 ingredients are Beef, Water, Salt,

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Apparently you'd rather stomp your feet about your rights than walk up to an employee and ask. Legally required to have ingredient lists. I know some of you people on the internet have a hard time talking to real life people, but that's not "essentially impossible."
    Maybe that is the case where you live, but where I live, they are required to post the nutrional information, not the ingredient lists. Which is why I've never seen one in any fast food restaurant I've ever gone into. Must be something you've become accustomed to in your nanny state.

  16. #76
    The Patient BongimusPrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I'm more concerned about why they're advertising footlongs in a country that uses SI.

    Know what they call a quarter pounder in France? Royale with Cheese.
    WHAT AINT NO COUNTRY I EVER HEARD OF!!
    THEY SPEAK ENGLISH IN 'WHAT'?

    Great reference, mate. Sorry that some others didn't catch it.

  17. #77
    Who the hell cares if its not precisely 12 inches. People are bitching about 1 extra inch of carbohydrates. It's not like its going to affect how much meat they put in or the amount of veggies/condiments. I've ran into nice/newb subway employees that put to much meat and cheese without charging extras.

    If I ordered a BLT, I won't complain if the bread is to short or if they over load it on the bacon. I would only complain if they didn't put enough bacon.

  18. #78
    Legendary! Reg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Manhattan
    Posts
    6,531
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Maybe that is the case where you live, but where I live, they are required to post the nutrional information, not the ingredient lists. Which is why I've never seen one in any fast food restaurant I've ever gone into. Must be something you've become accustomed to in your nanny state.
    If you don't live in the US, where it is in fact law in EVERY state to have ingredient lists upon request ... why do you care? What's it like being in love with the US? Does it tingle?

  19. #79
    Subway, like any fast food, is not about high quality food. It's about convenient, consistent food at a reasonable price. Your mileage may vary on the actual size of the bread though. The Subways we have here have bread that's more than a foot long on average, not that it matters unless you like a lot of vegetables, which a lot of people do.

    I swear some people complain just to keep in practice. If you don't like it, don't buy it, and leave the people that enjoy it alone.

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    lol

    Obviously you've never been into a fast food outlet before, getting your hands on the ingredients list for their food products is essentially impossible. Calorie counts and other nutrition facts are usually on a wall display, but the ingredients lists is not part of that information.
    Moving the goal post much? First you say nutritional information is not available. Which it is. Now you seem to be wanting ingredient lists...which is not really nutritional information in the strictest sense of the common usage of the term.

    Have you asked, in many, fast food restaurants to see a list of ingredients and been denied? They are published and readily available online if it's that big of an issue. Sure maybe it's a little harder to find IN the locations, but damn if you are really that concerned about tapioca what ever the hell it was then you probably would do your own research anyway.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •