Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    there's 3 qualities when it comes to food: fast, cheap, good
    however, you can only have 2 of those qualities

Those burgers are advertised explicitly as net weight before cooking, here in the US. So.... when a footlong sub comes out to 11" - on a regular basis, it's really not so incomprehensible to think consumers should take notice.

So many size queens in this thread. It's not how long it is. It's how many toppings you can get between the buns.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    So many size queens in this thread. It's not how long it is. It's how many toppings you can get between the buns.
    If you get his drift.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette of Seraphim View Post
    If you get his drift.
    He likes to have vegetables between his buns?
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    You know, aside from JJ's creepy fast delivery I just don't like their food.

Tastes vary.

This thread is really full of who gives a shit. That is all.
    This... I'm tired of always getting a salad's worth of lettuce on my subs... for which i ask for no lettuce... and the ONLY cheese they have is Provolone? The fuck is that???

Quizno's for life. And Pita Pit. MMMMMMmmmmmmm Pita Pit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyboucher View Post
    Immagine a tech sayign that to you about your air trafic controll screen " O the horror the calibration was off by an inch ... /sarcasm"

Inc "how can you compare a sandwich to LIVES AMG" .... an inch is an inch you either abid by what you promote or just call it small and large and save the headaches!
    Lives aren't lost when your foot long isn't a foot long.

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 06:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Giants41 View Post
    5 dollar..... 5 dollar fooooot longgggg
    According to this thread. . . five dollar . . five dollar eleven and a half inches lonnnngggg

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 06:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Your line of thinking is the problem I have with the food labelling system we have. It's not "chicken" anymore, it's chicken with pepper added. Just like the subway chicken patty isn't "real chicken," it's chicken meat with processed ingredients added. It's deceptive, plain and simple.

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 10:38 PM ----------

Who cares if people want to eat a 2,000 calorie lunch? It's none of your business.
    I'd rather die fat and happy than skinny and hungry.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    this is whats wrong with the world. the fact that THIS made news is terrifying. who honestly gives a crap if their sandwich isnt exactly 12 inches? lol

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield View Post
    bring back the V cut! Subway tasted so much better back then...
    can you elaborate on how a piece of bread is cut can have any effect on it's flavor?

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe that is the case where you live, but where I live, they are required to post the nutrional information, not the ingredient lists. Which is why I've never seen one in any fast food restaurant I've ever gone into. Must be something you've become accustomed to in your nanny state.
    Restaurants are legally required to keep ingredients lists within their establishments because of allergy concerns. Try again. And yes, I've run into this having friends and family with strange allergy concerns. Sometimes it took a little pushing but the ingredients list is always available.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing I don't get, where did the first person who measured his sub get the inspiration to do it, instead of just eating the sub like every other person? :P

Deleted
    In scotland Subway is lo-cal compared to most local places, its the only place where everything Isn't cooked in chip fat.

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Lives aren't lost when your foot long isn't a foot long.[COLOR="red"]
    The problem with the post you quoted to, is that it's really not a matter of lives being lost...it's a matter of an inch having WAY more importance in one context vs another. An 11 inch subway sandwich is still a lot of sandwich. A radar scope involved in ATC being off by about an inch is a big deal because what that inch is representative of. possibly 2 or three miles of real air.

Me thinks the only people butthurt over this are the people who are perpetually looking for the next big thing to be butthurt about.

For the record...off to Subway now. Laters.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I'm more concerned about why they're advertising footlongs in a country that uses SI.

Know what they call a quarter pounder in France? Royale with Cheese.
    The 30.5cm sub doesn't have the same ring to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    this is whats wrong with the world. the fact that THIS made news is terrifying. who honestly gives a crap if their sandwich isnt exactly 12 inches? lol
    False advertising? I dont really care how long a Subway sub is anyway since the bread is nasty. I like Quiznos better and the bread is meausred and cut by the person making the sandwich. Im not sure if its the advertised length but it looks better and they cant make any excuses about "it was 12" at one point."

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 11:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    The 30.5cm sub doesn't have the same ring to it.
    You could get a quarter or half meter sub!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuk View Post
    In scotland Subway is lo-cal compared to most local places, its the only place where everything Isn't cooked in chip fat.
    When I'm forced to eat out, I actually try to find a subway for this very reason. The fiber content in their honey oat bread is decent and with a meat + cheese + mounds of veggies (leaving out the sauce) it's actually incredibly filling for the caloric count.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2013-01-18 at 12:43 AM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuk View Post

surprised there isn't an option to deep fry it in Scotland

Deleted

Who cares if people want to eat a 2,000 calorie lunch? It's none of your business.
    Mate, its a discussion forum, I hate to tell you but you are going to experience people saying things that differ from your own opinion, its ok, its not all that scary, they are not attacking you, its not a personal insult, its called expressing an opinion, and yes, its possibly to do that in a civil and polite manner without people getting all het up and defensive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BongimusPrime View Post
    can you elaborate on how a piece of bread is cut can have any effect on it's flavor?
    For people who get a lot of toppings, it could change how those toppings interact with the floor. I've made some subs for people where I couldn't imagine them eating it, because I couldn't even close it.

This is first world problems if I ever saw it.