Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Wait, people are now measuring sammiches? Really? It's not like it's a massive difference either. These people apparently don't realize that it's damn near impossible to force cooked, grilled or baked food to conform to a certain size. Bread is amongst the worst, except when rolled out to a base (such as for Pizza) where it'll typically only rise as opposed to spreading outwards.

A royale with cheese. What d'they call a Whopper?
    They could bake every roll so that they are approximately 14 inches and then cut off the ends to make it exactly 12 inches after it is cooked, which is what they SHOULD do. Either that or change the name of the sub to large and small. Selling anything else at a size or weight less than advertised is illegal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    I doubt it they probably call it a royale with whatever the word for cheese is in french.
    Royale du Fromage?
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    Royale du Fromage?
    I think you're refering to ''omelette du fromage''. Easy mistake

length is not what they said but it uses the same total amount of dough

1st world problems

Their bread is baked using molds a corporation the size of subway im sure put the R&D into knowing how much dough it takes to make a 12 inch sub roll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    They could bake every roll so that they are approximately 14 inches and then cut off the ends to make it exactly 12 inches after it is cooked, which is what they SHOULD do.
    Then you're still going to get short ones, unless you want them to actually measure each one they make and cut.

That, and that's a waste of a lot of food by the end of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    They already charge more and useless meat and cheese. Why not short people on bread too? Not that i really care, I think it's pretty funny. I have got the same sub for years whenever I do go, A Subway Melt with provolone cheese, sub roast beef for the ham, toast it, lettuce, tomatoes, slt, pepper, and a smidge of mayo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ichime View Post
    It's called Royal Cheese in France, not Cheeseburger Royal.
    He said "french menu" not "france", that's a difference, especially after quoting a post written by a Swiss!
    (now I'm kinda insulted that they don't have a romansh menu, but I guess, doesn't makes any sense, damn!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Part of my job I work in a deli, our bread arrives frozen and we defrost and then cook it. I happen to be good at cooking bread...but there's really no guarantee to these things that they'll all have the same length, softness, width or anything else.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Arog View Post
    Their bread is baked using molds a corporation the size of subway im sure put the R&D into knowing how much dough it takes to make a 12 inch sub roll.
    The bread will rise more or less depending on atmospheric pressure.

It will still be the exact same mass of bread whether it ends up measuring 11, 12 or 13 inches.

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    In the same way that pink slime is meat.

If you like super processed "meat" products, then Subway is for you. Me, I like to go to places that serve meats that were not a slurry at one time.

It is like calling Kraft singles real cheese.
    Isnt pink slime everywhere? Unless you grow your own fruit and veg, and kill your own cows, youre probably eating food thats been processed somewhat. On topic, being cautious of my budget, Id be mad if I was getting short changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    They could bake every roll so that they are approximately 14 inches and then cut off the ends to make it exactly 12 inches after it is cooked, which is what they SHOULD do. Either that or change the name of the sub to large and small. Selling anything else at a size or weight less than advertised is illegal.
    Or maybe people shouldn't have such high expectations for fast food. Reasonable people aren't going to give a shit if their footlong isn't exactly 12 inches. No one pulls out a fucking ruler and measures the damn sandwich and its ridiculous to expect Subway to do so.

As long as its not obviously too short/long, I couldn't give a damn.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Inchgate? Subgate? Shortgate?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gah, people can be so anal...
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    That's how the real world is. I always thought when I was getting a 1TB or 500GB hard drive that I was getting the full amount. Nope. 500GB = 465GB and 1TB = 931GB.

Also like gas, if you thought you were getting let's say 2.99 because that's what it is currently here. You're actually getting exactly 3.00 because it's 2.99 9/10.

Even though the gas one you think you're getting less but it's actually a little more. Same thing with buying items for 19.99. Some people think it's really 19.99 and never think about the 7% tax added to that.
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

Deleted
    Oh no one inch... People are honestly annoying sometimes. Out of every loaf that's baked in every subway every day, how many come up short or above by and inch or so?
    Likely thousands, but if your spending five to ten pounds (not sure on prices in other countries) on a sandwich that is only worth half that, you can spare the inch since you're wasting money anyway (Saying that I frequently get subs :P ).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shininglight View Post
    That's how the real world is. I always thought when I was getting a 1TB or 500GB hard drive that I was getting the full amount. Nope. 500GB = 465GB and 1TB = 931GB.

Also like gas, if you thought you were getting let's say 2.99 because that's what it is currently here. You're actually getting exactly 3.00 because it's 2.99 9/10.

Even though the gas one you think you're getting less but it's actually a little more. Same thing with buying items for 19.99. Some people think it's really 19.99 and never think about the 7% tax added to that.
    Except in this case, it isn't subway deliberately screwing you, or in the case of the hard drive/flash drive, a technical error.

It's just a variation in length that occurs when bread is baked and there's little to nothing that Subway can do to avoid it, nor is it significant enough to do anything about anyways.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shininglight View Post
    Same thing with buying items for 19.99. Some people think it's really 19.99 and never think about the 7% tax added to that.
    What the hell of a stupid country declares prices before taxes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DieFichte View Post
    Murica fuck yeah

Quote Originally Posted by DieFichte View Post
    USA! USA!

Well, it depends on the product and the district, really, but most things don't have the taxes included on the list prices.

Unless I'm badly misremembering my visit, Belgium does not include tax on meals on the menus. I know that's the case in Canada as well. I think it's true in the Netherlands, but I can't remember. I don't know for sure, I'm not very well traveled, but my impression is that VAT is generally hidden (i.e. already included) but sales taxes are usually not shown until the purchase.