Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find this whole thing fucking hilarious.

I'm not one to use this term often as I want to gut whoever uses it but

FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS

Oh no! My sub is ONE INCH shorter! Whatever will I do?!

Give me a fucking break lol

What about by weight? Are you still getting 12" worth of bun? Maybe they bake wider or taller. As long as the right amount of ingredients are in it I don't see an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by emanresu View Post
    Inchgate? Subgate? Shortgate?
    Footgate!

I just measured my foot and it wasn't even 11 inches. Where do I complain about my foot not being "foot-long"?
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs...ews-deals.html

Basically, some guy in Australia measure one and a footlong came up to only 11 inches. Then some other people started researching and found over half were coming up short.

Here's the thing though. There isn't some magical machine making these things exactly 12 inches. These are people rolling some flavoring into defrosted rolls of frozen bread. They're not all going to be EXACTLY 12 inches. It reminds me of things like other fast food places. That quarter pound burger you ordered isn't going to be a quarter pound. Because when you grill or fry it, it shrinks a ton. Same thing here pretty much. You have to allow a little discrepancy.

And why do we always have to allow for things to short change the customer? I mean you will NEVER get a 13 inch one, which in statistical class should be just as common as the 11 inch one. Based on the BS excuse we heard of it is our trademark and not an actual measurement of our sandwiches we can read clearly what it really means we will have GREED in place at all time is what it means.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I have to measure my sub next time. Our subs in Finland aren't footlong, they're 30 cm long and cost 9-12 dollars depending on the fillings. With that kind of money I want my sub to be 30 cm (which is actually 11.8 inches).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    I've never ordered any food item from any national chain that looked as it was advertised. Most of the time it's smushed and sad looking, like a blobfish.
    This is because most commercials that have food in it (especially fast foot joints) don't even use food that is edible in their commercials... Sometimes it isnt even actual food. Instead, they do crazy things like glue sesame seeds on a hamburger bun to make them look just right, adding paint and/or makeup to food to make things stand out, etc.
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

Quote Originally Posted by Juri View Post
    I find this whole thing fucking hilarious.

I'm not one to use this term often as I want to gut whoever uses it but

FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS

Oh no! My sub is ONE INCH shorter! Whatever will I do?!

Give me a fucking break lol

You buy 1 liter // gallon of gasoline at the gas station and they pump only pumps up 0.9 liters but the display still says 1 liter sold and you being charged with the cost for 1 liter// gallon whatever you want to pump your gas in type of measure system.

You think you are getting cheated as well or do you go oh no who cares it is a non issue it is only 1/10 of a liter missing. If you feel you should be entitled to 1 liter at the pump explain why the same rule of business ethics should not apply to Subway or other business of your choice.

Really are we so out of touch with common sense in todays world that we accept to get taken advantaged of since it is the par for the coarse anyway so who cares.

---------- Post added 2013-01-20 at 08:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DieFichte View Post
    What the hell of a stupid country declares prices before taxes?
    Lots of countries do since it makes it sound cheaper and the average joe blow falls for it being cheaper if 1 company listed prices including and the example is 102 including all taxes and the other company listed 99 and you have to add 15% in taxes ontop of it most of the dumb customers will think the 99 is cheaper since thats what it says on the sign.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    I doubt it they probably call it a royale with whatever the word for cheese is in french.
    Royal Cheese :-P

15+ Year Old Account
    In a place where hordes of squirrels roam free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    I doubt it they probably call it a royale with whatever the word for cheese is in french.
    You must have not seen Pulp Fiction then.
    Speaking for morality in economics is like fucking for virginity.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I used to work at Subway and ill tel you this, the frozen dough we would get (yeah not fresh) soon as it would thaw out we would have to stretch it as much as possible to make it look like a 12 inch since they come in pretty short.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shininglight View Post
    ---------- Post added 2013-01-20 at 08:28 AM ----------

[/COLOR]

Lots of countries do since it makes it sound cheaper and the average joe blow falls for it being cheaper if 1 company listed prices including and the example is 102 including all taxes and the other company listed 99 and you have to add 15% in taxes ontop of it most of the dumb customers will think the 99 is cheaper since thats what it says on the sign.
    Also if the price was listed with taxes they couldnt make national ads anymore since every state has different sales tax so in Delware something will be much cheaper than in California since Delaware has no sales tax and California has sales tax of 7.5% plus some cities in Ca have an additional .1 to 1% sales tax. Standard pricing in ads with tax included would be impossible nationwide

---------- Post added 2013-01-20 at 09:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Akarui View Post
    Oh no one inch... People are honestly annoying sometimes. Out of every loaf that's baked in every subway every day, how many come up short or above by and inch or so?
    Likely thousands, but if your spending five to ten pounds (not sure on prices in other countries) on a sandwich that is only worth half that, you can spare the inch since you're wasting money anyway (Saying that I frequently get subs :P ).
    Funny though how they never come up too long, its always too short
    Last edited by Orlong; 2013-01-20 at 02:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shininglight View Post
    That's how the real world is. I always thought when I was getting a 1TB or 500GB hard drive that I was getting the full amount. Nope. 500GB = 465GB and 1TB = 931GB.

Also like gas, if you thought you were getting let's say 2.99 because that's what it is currently here. You're actually getting exactly 3.00 because it's 2.99 9/10.

Even though the gas one you think you're getting less but it's actually a little more. Same thing with buying items for 19.99. Some people think it's really 19.99 and never think about the 7% tax added to that.
    You did get a 500 GB hard drive, it just happens that Windows incorrectly reports the units as GB when in fact it's showing GiB. 500 GB == 465 GiB.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Then you're still going to get short ones, unless you want them to actually measure each one they make and cut.

That, and that's a waste of a lot of food by the end of it.
    Quiznos makes a long loaf (30" or whatever) and has a little measuring board, slicing off their bread to the size ordered. They do waste the tips, but it's not like they're producing on small scale anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    A footlong sub should be 12 inches OR LONGER, never shorter. I'm glad consumers are raising a stink over this. It seems like quibbling, but if we don't quibble then corporations aren't going to be afraid to continue short-changing us.

Deleted
    Stupid argument. As much as I think subway are way overpriced, junk food, I don't understand it. I could only find 1 picture which "clearly" shows an 11 inch subway.

http://themellowjihadi.com/wp-conten...-at-Subway.jpg

Now look at the other images which seem to be people jumping on the band wagon, just because there doesn't seem to be any other company to bash at the moment.

http://cas.illinoisstate.edu/sites/w...01/photo-2.jpg
    http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/8045...8-05.10.17.jpg

See how the ruler they are measuring them with doesn't even start at the tip of the sandwich? The natural shape of a baguette means its rounded. Does that not count as part of it? Of course it does, these are just people trying to bash a company because they really have nothing better to do.

Even IF all sandwiches were 11 inch, before humidity, baking/toasting and handling effects on bread. What is 1 inch? When you purchase a packet of crisps (chips if you are American) you don't measure the exact amount with a pair of scales. No you know that the advertised weight is an estimate, as it will never be the same every time. I can almost be certain, if you were to buy enough foot long sandwiches, that some would be slightly over 12 inch, and some would be under. The only reason this seems to be a big deal is because we only see the images posted of people with 11 11 1/2 inch subs.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2013-01-20 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    See how the ruler they are measuring them with doesn't even start at the tip of the sandwich? The natural shape of a baguette means its rounded. Does that not count as part of it? Of course it does, these are just people trying to bash a company because they really have nothing better to do.

Even IF all sandwiches were 11 inch, before humanity, baking/toasting and handling effects on bread. What is 1 inch?
    Most places don't even call them footlongs, it's part of their advertising though. Publix says "Whole sub" and "half sub", not like it can be measured.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    I used to work at Subway and ill tel you this, the frozen dough we would get (yeah not fresh) soon as it would thaw out we would have to stretch it as much as possible to make it look like a 12 inch since they come in pretty short.
    I forgot about that. When it thaws, you have to actually stretch it a little first, to make it fit the floppy thing it fits in.

I'll also say this about Subway: The only sandwich shop I've ever gotten crusty bread. Bread should be moist, not crusty or crouton-like (not that bad, but you get the idea).

It might just be the one particular location I got bread like that, since it is a gas station/Subway amalgamation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I'll also say this about Subway: The only sandwich shop I've ever gotten crusty bread. Bread should be moist, not crusty or crouton-like (not that bad, but you get the idea).

It might just be the one particular location I got bread like that, since it is a gas station/Subway amalgamation.
    Eww, moist bread.

Quote Originally Posted by ichime View Post
    Eww, moist bread.
    Well, fluffy. Just... not crusty. Crusty indicates that it's not fresh. Sandwich bread should not be in the first stages of croutonhood.