Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Stupid argument. As much as I think subway are way overpriced, junk food, I don't understand it. I could only find 1 picture which "clearly" shows an 11 inch subway.

http://themellowjihadi.com/wp-conten...-at-Subway.jpg

Now look at the other images which seem to be people jumping on the band wagon, just because there doesn't seem to be any other company to bash at the moment.

http://cas.illinoisstate.edu/sites/w...01/photo-2.jpg
    http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/8045...8-05.10.17.jpg

See how the ruler they are measuring them with doesn't even start at the tip of the sandwich? The natural shape of a baguette means its rounded. Does that not count as part of it? Of course it does, these are just people trying to bash a company because they really have nothing better to do.

Even IF all sandwiches were 11 inch, before humidity, baking/toasting and handling effects on bread. What is 1 inch? When you purchase a packet of crisps (chips if you are American) you don't measure the exact amount with a pair of scales. No you know that the advertised weight is an estimate, as it will never be the same every time. I can almost be certain, if you were to buy enough foot long sandwiches, that some would be slightly over 12 inch, and some would be under. The only reason this seems to be a big deal is because we only see the images posted of people with 11 11 1/2 inch subs.
    Last edited by Moosie; 2013-01-20 at 06:22 PM.
    Moosie <After Hours> : Feral / Restoration

Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    See how the ruler they are measuring them with doesn't even start at the tip of the sandwich? The natural shape of a baguette means its rounded. Does that not count as part of it? Of course it does, these are just people trying to bash a company because they really have nothing better to do.

Even IF all sandwiches were 11 inch, before humanity, baking/toasting and handling effects on bread. What is 1 inch?
    Most places don't even call them footlongs, it's part of their advertising though. Publix says "Whole sub" and "half sub", not like it can be measured.

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    I used to work at Subway and ill tel you this, the frozen dough we would get (yeah not fresh) soon as it would thaw out we would have to stretch it as much as possible to make it look like a 12 inch since they come in pretty short.
    I forgot about that. When it thaws, you have to actually stretch it a little first, to make it fit the floppy thing it fits in.

General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

I'll also say this about Subway: The only sandwich shop I've ever gotten crusty bread. Bread should be moist, not crusty or crouton-like (not that bad, but you get the idea).

It might just be the one particular location I got bread like that, since it is a gas station/Subway amalgamation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I'll also say this about Subway: The only sandwich shop I've ever gotten crusty bread. Bread should be moist, not crusty or crouton-like (not that bad, but you get the idea).

It might just be the one particular location I got bread like that, since it is a gas station/Subway amalgamation.
    Eww, moist bread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    I don't really get how Bloodlust fits Shamans...

"I need to calm the elements, and through our sacred bond we will - wait, is that a fucking boss? I'M SO FUCKING ANGRY! I'M GOING TO KILL HIM! NO, WAIT! I'M GOING TO RAPE HIM THEN KILL HIM! WITH SPOONS! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE!"

Quote Originally Posted by ichime View Post
    Eww, moist bread.
    Well, fluffy. Just... not crusty. Crusty indicates that it's not fresh. Sandwich bread should not be in the first stages of croutonhood.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Well, fluffy. Just... not crusty. Crusty indicates that it's not fresh. Sandwich bread should not be in the first stages of croutonhood.
    Unless you use baguette bread. I guess that's a difference between cultures, I really can't stand soft bread for sandwiches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    I don't really get how Bloodlust fits Shamans...

"I need to calm the elements, and through our sacred bond we will - wait, is that a fucking boss? I'M SO FUCKING ANGRY! I'M GOING TO KILL HIM! NO, WAIT! I'M GOING TO RAPE HIM THEN KILL HIM! WITH SPOONS! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE!"

Do yall usually get toasted or non-toasted bread from Subway? I personally always go for toasted since I like hot meals better than cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Hastings95 View Post
    Do yall usually get toasted or non-toasted bread from Subway? I personally always go for toasted since I like hot meals better than cold.
    Yeah, I prefer toasted. But it has to end up well. Not like what Dacien was talking about. If it's just a massive crunchy piece of crouton, it's a waste of money.

General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Yeah, I prefer toasted. But it has to end up well. Not like what Dacien was talking about. If it's just a massive crunchy piece of crouton, it's a waste of money.
    Indeed indeed, I hate eating bread that is hard to chew because it's so hard/crunchy. Prefer softer bread, so when it's toasted just right it's perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Hastings95 View Post
    Indeed indeed, I hate eating bread that is hard to chew because it's so hard/crunchy. Prefer softer bread, so when it's toasted just right it's perfect.
    Some bread is meant to be crusty, some isn't. A non-crusty baguette or ciabatta is just wrong in my opinion.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!