Hit & Run or Cloak & Dagger?

Can't seem to find any official notes on this. Im confused with what's going on with H&R and C&D. Which one is replacing preparation? And what is happening to the other?

IIRC, C&D is replacing Versatility (L90 talent), and H&R is replacing Prep.

Edit: Nvm - http://ptr.wowhead.com/talent#r|

Marked for Death is replacing Versatility, C&D is replacing Prep. H&R is looking to replace Shadow Step (at least that's what I read on WoWInsider)
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2013-01-17 at 10:05 PM.

Hit and Run is gone. Cloak and Dagger replaced Preparation and Marked for Death replaced Versatility.

Both H&R and C&D have been tried out on PTR. It looks like they are seeing which one works out better. We could get either one on live, unless they have said they are sticking with one already. I think H&R is weaker than C&D due to the mandatory return to cast position. If that was optional, it would be a real contender.

C&D is a lot better. It makes you unpeelable during shadow dance and also makes it so you can use your dance for utility (ie: cheap shot the healer for extra CC, then ambush the DPS to port back to him).

H&R is, at best, a worse version of shadowstep because of the longer CD and the fact that it ports you back.

Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    C&D is a lot better. It makes you unpeelable during shadow dance and also makes it so you can use your dance for utility (ie: cheap shot the healer for extra CC, then ambush the DPS to port back to him).

H&R is, at best, a worse version of shadowstep because of the longer CD and the fact that it ports you back.
    do you have to be behind the target for ambush from range?

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    do you have to be behind the target for ambush from range?
    You have to be within 30 yds range. After using ambush you gonna be teleported behind the target.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazius View Post
    You have to be within 30 yds range. After using ambush you gonna be teleported behind the target.
    I wanna test this on ultrax for shiggles. Gogo goblin glider!
    Why is there no "Demonhunter" hero class yet? He was only the coolest hero in WC3. Get busy Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post

The only problem is it's only useful for Sub spec.

15+ Year Old Account
    Glad C&D is staying and H&R is getting the axe...never liked the idea of being ported backwards. It seemed really situational, and at the very least not as good as C&D.

CnD can Teleport through LoS.
    You can Ambush infront of your target with out getting the error, It teleports you into position.
    You can control people from all over with Sdance, It's hilarious.
    Want Rogue Gameplay? Subtlety/Assassination Guides? 2v2 3v3 and 1v1 strategies?

http://www.youtube.com/user/SusejFTW

Also SCP Containment Breach, Guild Wars 2, and Diablo 3!

Quote Originally Posted by Susej View Post
    CnD can Teleport through LoS.
    You can Ambush infront of your target with out getting the error, It teleports you into position.
    You can control people from all over with Sdance, It's hilarious.
    sounds like a great pvp tool to me
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Quote Originally Posted by bzhai View Post
    The only problem is it's only useful for Sub spec.
    True, but step is better than H&R for the other specs, so you haven't lost anything with H&R not being put in the game. And then there's always burst of speed (which got buffed).

I have to admit, I'm really torn between Sstep and C&D. Step is awesome for quickly adjusting position in combat, general mobility anywhere (Stepping friendlies), but C&D has so much PvP potential.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    sounds like a great pvp tool to me
    May sound great to you, it sounds like it will get nerfed/fixxed to me which is a shame... though I definitely will enjoy it while it lasts.
    Why is there no "Demonhunter" hero class yet? He was only the coolest hero in WC3. Get busy Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Neversage View Post
    I have to admit, I'm really torn between Sstep and C&D. Step is awesome for quickly adjusting position in combat, general mobility anywhere (Stepping friendlies), but C&D has so much PvP potential.
    Something that often gets overlooked, as well, is that step can now be used on allies as well as enemies. It makes for a nice "get me the fuck out of here" button in addition to it's "get me the fuck over there", something C&D won't be able to do.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh