Thread: aoe nerfs

Deleted

aoe nerfs

- Halo - will not longer unstealth enemy targets. That wasn't the use we had in mind when we made it a huge AE.

Very nice arena/duel buff for rogues, hopefully rain of fire will be next to receive this treatment.
    Last edited by mmoc5cd059585f; 2013-01-18 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorn View Post
    - Halo - will not longer unstealth enemy targets. That wasn't the use we had in mind when we made it a huge AE.

Very nice arena/duel buff for rogues, hopefully rain of fire will be next to receive this treatment.
    Too bad it's only halo. Do this to rain of fire too or any aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    Too bad it's only halo. Do this to rain of fire too or any aoe.
    The problem isn't rain of fire, or any other aoe. Throughout the entirety of this game, classes with aoe have been able to pop rogues- but in all cases, it requires a measure of skill, or luck. I don't have a problem with that. Halo is ludicrous because it's huge and fast and an enemy team can trivialize both stealth and mass stealth entirely and rather easily- just one button. And since they know they are facing a rogue, why NOT have it? Fixing halo is great.

Rain of Fire isn't a very large aoe. The problem is, the talent that makes it a very large aoe. In the case of locks, they actually give up some pvp relevant trick to have the huge aoe, so it's not quite as bad. I'd still like to see it addressed, but in a way that is fair to warlocks and their talents.

Deleted
    GC said once he regrets AOE unstealths, but it was a huge thing to change now. The halo nerf is a big step in the right direction. For battlegrounds and arenas. Same should happen to lock AOE now.

so it took them 2 patches to fix it? kinda like always when it comes to rogues

10+ Year Old Account
    Better make howling blast ( when not main target), totems and psyfiend also stop unstealthing, about the rest I care little.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Better make howling blast ( when not main target), totems and psyfiend also stop unstealthing, about the rest I care little.
    I forgot Psyfiend takes you out of steath, So annoying.

First holy nova... now this... k then... What they should do is ban it in arena and leave it the way it is in BGs, world pvp and pve. I swear blizz just wants healing priests to be free HKs for rogues...

Deleted
    You seen the buffs Disc has got in 5.2? Stop the QQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutix View Post
    You seen the buffs Disc has got in 5.2? Stop the QQ.
    Stop the QQ? You guys are always QQing about other classes trying to get them nerfed ffs... I mean I have no problem with a class asking for buffs that's cool... but when all they do is try to keep everyone below them it pisses me off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaraza View Post
    First holy nova... now this... k then... What they should do is ban it in arena and leave it the way it is in BGs, world pvp and pve. I swear blizz just wants healing priests to be free HKs for rogues...
    Is a statement that has no validity. The buffs you got will have in 5.2 are good enough to get a HK on a Rogue. Halo was broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutix View Post
    Is a statement that has no validity. The buffs you got will have in 5.2 are good enough to get a HK on a Rogue.
    If the rogue is completely awful then yes. lol. Rogues counter Dpriests and Hpriests.

Deleted
    We're going off topic so i'll stop the convo. But, halo was broken and needed to fixed/removed. The buffs Disc received in 5.2 are good.

10+ Year Old Account
    there goes only usefull thing there was for halo in pvp... now get star thet does no dmg or cascade that breaks all possible cc's on entire team...oh the choices ;<

15+ Year Old Account
    It's good that halo's nerfed as it requires almost no skill to unstealth something with this...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by taurenburger View Post
    It's good that halo's nerfed as it requires almost no skill to unstealth something with this...
    there is no almost about it, as you didn't have to "guess" an area near you it was just as if you clicked a "30 yard flare centered on you that also puts the rogues into combat"

Halo: 40 Second CD (can't be spammed)
    Stealth: 6 second CD and you can technically sit in it all day...

Stealth requires skill...? Please... maybe if it was more like invisibility where you had to THINK about when to use it. AOE taking you out of stealth makes it so that you have to be situationally aware...

Rogues have been dumbed down so much...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaraza View Post
    Halo: 40 Second CD (can't be spammed)
    Stealth: 6 second CD and you can technically sit in it all day...

Stealth requires skill...? Please... maybe if it was more like invisibility where you had to THINK about when to use it. AOE taking you out of stealth makes it so that you have to be situationally aware...

Rogues have been dumbed down so much...
    You're a complete moron. Please leave the rogue forums when what you say is completely biased / unjustified.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2013-01-23 at 11:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divine star unstealth me now, and hopefully be more lucky than a huge mindlessly used aoe at the begining.

Ok, it's already clear that nothing good can come from here. To avoid additional nerdrage for mindless reasons, i'm closing the thread.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.