Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Why do people consistenly downplay/complain about rets? Rets were top tier in 5.1 slightly behind warriors and ferals. With little to no changes to them and major over the top nerfs to feral and warriors ret's going to be damn powerful come 5.2.

    And lol at rets "hitting like a wet noodle". Ret burst is still one of if not the most powerful in the game. And their support role keeps them as the most powerful peelers in the game too.
    Im sorry but this is jus 100% false, ret was no where near good let alone top tier(obviously great players make it work, but thats few and far between, i mean generally)and when people say we hit like wet noodles, they mean their sustained damage, yes the burst is insane, but its on long cds when u line it all up and every ret u talk to would gladly take a burst nerf for a sustained buff

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    And their support role keeps them as the most powerful peelers in the game too.

    hmmmm.....i dont think so....ret's peel is almost close to 0

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Why do people consistenly downplay/complain about rets? Rets were top tier in 5.1 slightly behind warriors and ferals. With little to no changes to them and major over the top nerfs to feral and warriors ret's going to be damn powerful come 5.2.

    And lol at rets "hitting like a wet noodle". Ret burst is still one of if not the most powerful in the game. And their support role keeps them as the most powerful peelers in the game too.
    He is obviously bad at his class as rets can also do crazy damage.

  4. #24
    He kind of rightissh rets have double bop, double freedom, a snare, and double sac their peelz are better then cata but nothing op.
    You're right except for 2 things.

    1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

  5. #25
    Ret will still be a joke and be completly useless in all PVP.
    Enhance will not really benefit from the increased healing.
    Elemental Shamans, Balance Druids and especially Shadow Priest will be face roll healing.

    Teams will take triple dps with a shadow priest and win reliably.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 06:12 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Highmoon7 View Post
    Meh I don't see why they will "dominate." Some pure dps classes got nerfed, but the pvp power change only give hybrids like 10-15% more healing than live.
    How can mages and rogues and warlocks who heal themselves for more than any ret or enchance shaman be called pure dps???

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Svarbald View Post
    Ret will still be a joke and be completly useless in all PVP.
    Enhance will not really benefit from the increased healing.
    Elemental Shamans, Balance Druids and especially Shadow Priest will be face roll healing.

    Teams will take triple dps with a shadow priest and win reliably.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 06:12 AM ----------



    How can mages and rogues and warlocks who heal themselves for more than any ret or enchance shaman be called pure dps???
    I think ret/monk/heavy dps trip dps sounds pretty legit

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by preciousx View Post
    hmmmm.....i dont think so....ret's peel is almost close to 0
    Ret's peel is unique in that it's complete front loaded healing. While they do have a very reliable ranged slow or hard cc their off heals are the most powerful in the game. And that puts their peeling power ahead of practically every other class even when those classes have a bazillion different cc's.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 06:31 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo View Post
    Im sorry but this is jus 100% false, ret was no where near good let alone top tier(obviously great players make it work, but thats few and far between, i mean generally)and when people say we hit like wet noodles, they mean their sustained damage, yes the burst is insane, but its on long cds when u line it all up and every ret u talk to would gladly take a burst nerf for a sustained buff
    The only class who's sustained isn't comparable to a wet noodle is ww monks and frost dks. Other melee are right down their with ret in their sustained including feral, arms and enhance.

    Ret is FINE atm. They have all the tools to excel in arena and they do. Enhance as well. The reason those two aren't represented as well as you all want is because their healing specs are an easier ticket to higher ratings (and because generally heals are more in demand and because the only other arena viable healer is a druid since priests and monks have been left in the dust this past season).
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  8. #28
    About damn time mages and locks had some sort of counter/nerf, Shad priest will still dominate however.

    Hybrinds will have their place but people forget when we are off healing we are NOT dpsing. 1v1 Hybrinds will be very powerful but the game isnt based on 1v1 as we all know.

    Rets definatly need a sustained damage buff but a slight burst nerf, more defensive utility and better peeling. pretty much SOMETHING useful and unique to bring to the table of RBGs or we will never be considered.

  9. #29
    I am Murloc! Fenixdown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,954
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Why do people consistenly downplay/complain about rets?
    For the same reason every so-called "PvPer" complains about their class. They struggle against X and/or Y and/or Z so they think the class is the reasons. Cuz, you know, it couldn't possibly be the lack of skill of the user of the class. That's crazy talk!

    I love threads like these. PvPers : nature's way of telling you that common sense really isn't all that common.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    For the same reason every so-called "PvPer" complains about their class. They struggle against X and/or Y and/or Z so they think the class is the reasons. Cuz, you know, it couldn't possibly be the lack of skill of the user of the class. That's crazy talk!

    I love threads like these. PvPers : nature's way of telling you that common sense really isn't all that common.
    Ya, cuz u know, the worlds best players will tell you that ret is one of the weakest specs, so, ya, it actually isnt about the players skill in this regard
    Pvers: think cause they beat a boss whos pretty much exactly the same every time it means they know about pvp issues

  11. #31
    Moderator Yvaelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    5,437
    Quote Originally Posted by Svarbald View Post
    Ret will still be a joke and be completly useless in all PVP.
    Enhance will not really benefit from the increased healing.
    Elemental Shamans, Balance Druids and especially Shadow Priest will be face roll healing.

    Teams will take triple dps with a shadow priest and win reliably.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 06:12 AM ----------



    How can mages and rogues and warlocks who heal themselves for more than any ret or enchance shaman be called pure dps???
    There is so much wrong with this post I don't even know where to begin.

    Ret is not a joke, it's the third best melee spec in the game right now - warriors and ferals are getting huge nerfs, ret may end up being the best melee spec in the game in 5.2.

    Enhance will receive more from this buff than most specs, for most this buff is 25% more healing, for maelstorm (since its a 2x multipler to heals) its 50% more healing than live.

    Elemental and Balance will see 25% more healing from this.

    Shadowpriests will see 12.5% LESS healing from this, because while they gain the 25% buff, Flash Heal was nerfed by 30% baseline, and then buffed for Holy and Disc to be the same as on live (effectively only nerfing shadow's flash heals). 100% (live heal) * 25% (bonus healing from pvp power) * (1-30%) = 87.5%. So Shadow will flash heal for 12.5% less in 5.2 than they do on live.

    Triple DPS with a spriest will be worse in 5.2 than it is now, and right now, the only triple dps with a spriest that is any use at all is shadow/fmage/balance, and that's because all 3 of them have heals - balance has glyph of moonbeast, and mage gets healing touch via symbiosis). Most of this comp is still based on god comp mechanics - namely - that frost mage peels let spriests and druids free cast (and again, the spriest in this comp is getting nerfed).
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Triple DPS with a spriest will be worse in 5.2 than it is now, and right now, the only triple dps with a spriest that is any use at all is shadow/fmage/balance, and that's because all 3 of them have heals - balance has glyph of moonbeast, and mage gets healing touch via symbiosis). Most of this comp is still based on god comp mechanics - namely - that frost mage peels let spriests and druids free cast (and again, the spriest in this comp is getting nerfed).
    Tbh, the main selling point of that comp will be the Moonkin / Frost Mage opening out of stealth with a deep beam vortex and one shotting the healer while the Spriest survives the 2 dps with disperse and then life swap.

    It's not even the hybrid classes that make that triple DPS op, it's the disgusting damage Frost Mage and Moonkin do with CDs up.

  13. #33
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Durotar
    Posts
    565
    Yes because we all know how good elemental shamans and moonkins are outside very specific comps ! Moonkins are getting a hefty cd nerf sadly so i guess the never ending "pure" dominance shall reign supreme again.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    It's not that Hybrid classes will dominate, it's just that maybe for once since Arena was first implemented ALL hybrids will be competitive.

    Hearing you say "I'd take a Spriest or Balance Druid over a Mage or Lock" is music to my ears. I've dreamt of the day I could be as good as a Mage on my Moonkin.
    You seriously underestimate the current state of SP's in PvP, they're extremely good, arguably the best caster in PvP... However Boomkins are indeed not as good.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 12:47 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    There is so much wrong with this post I don't even know where to begin.

    Ret is not a joke, it's the third best melee spec in the game right now - warriors and ferals are getting huge nerfs, ret may end up being the best melee spec in the game in 5.2.

    Enhance will receive more from this buff than most specs, for most this buff is 25% more healing, for maelstorm (since its a 2x multipler to heals) its 50% more healing than live.

    Elemental and Balance will see 25% more healing from this.

    Shadowpriests will see 12.5% LESS healing from this, because while they gain the 25% buff, Flash Heal was nerfed by 30% baseline, and then buffed for Holy and Disc to be the same as on live (effectively only nerfing shadow's flash heals). 100% (live heal) * 25% (bonus healing from pvp power) * (1-30%) = 87.5%. So Shadow will flash heal for 12.5% less in 5.2 than they do on live.

    Triple DPS with a spriest will be worse in 5.2 than it is now, and right now, the only triple dps with a spriest that is any use at all is shadow/fmage/balance, and that's because all 3 of them have heals - balance has glyph of moonbeast, and mage gets healing touch via symbiosis). Most of this comp is still based on god comp mechanics - namely - that frost mage peels let spriests and druids free cast (and again, the spriest in this comp is getting nerfed).
    Rogues, Monks and DK's are getting quite a lot of buffs so they will be really good. Warriors will still deal tons of damage, have great moblity and some cc and same goes for ferals, i mean they got a stun on 10 sec cd lol. I don't play Ret but I really don't agree with you, they definitely need a buff.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 12:49 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by hitmannoob View Post
    He kind of rightissh rets have double bop, double freedom, a snare, and double sac their peelz are better then cata but nothing op.
    Same goes for Holy, and Holy is x3 better.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 12:51 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by preciousx View Post
    hmmmm.....i dont think so....ret's peel is almost close to 0
    Aye, one dispellable stun every 30 sec. If I don't get dispelled I can still just icebound, desecrated ground, trinket, shell it, trinket it or whatever. Compared to Ferals wirh roots, stuns, clones, knock backs ur nothing and I do indeed think u should get buffed.

  15. #35
    lol at the bad math. Hybrids will regain some of the lost healing throughput via pvp power, but only at 25% of their pvp power. Example: If you hve 50% pvp power, your damage will be upped by 50% on players in pvp, and your healing will be upped by (50%/4) 12.5% in pvp. If you have 40% pvp power, your damage will be upped by 40% on players in pvp, and your healing will be upped by (40%/4) 10% in pvp.


    Quote Originally Posted by beNN View Post
    I do not promote pedophilia, however I find the Pedobear character to be amusing and funny.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Why do people consistenly downplay/complain about rets? Rets were top tier in 5.1 slightly behind warriors and ferals. With little to no changes to them and major over the top nerfs to feral and warriors ret's going to be damn powerful come 5.2.

    And lol at rets "hitting like a wet noodle". Ret burst is still one of if not the most powerful in the game. And their support role keeps them as the most powerful peelers in the game too.
    Because Ret survivability against most combs is garbage, and the nerf to hybrid healing only made it worse for Ret. No one will disagree that when Ret pops it's cds, it can dish out a lot of burst, but unlike most other classes its CDs are so flashy, it's very easy to make moot. We'll see if that changes in 5.2.

    Rets top in 5.1? Would be interesting to get some evidence on that, because there is no way a ret will top a Warrior in 5.1 currently.
    Last edited by Xucuroz; 2013-01-18 at 12:00 PM.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

  17. #37
    1v1 vs ret with my mage seems scary now not being able to blanket my nova's with cs (I wont have cs in 5.2 /cry)

  18. #38
    I just got off ptr and with my ret paladin my flash of light went from 34k non crit on live servers to 36k non crit on ptr. Word of glory is up from around 45k noncrit on live to 50k non crit on ptr. The changes arent gonna make a difference at all. Ret is exactly the same. Eternal flame is the only thing u can even notice a difference on.

  19. #39
    rouges/ monks and unholy dk wid dominate with pala heals

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by mrinvisable2 View Post
    rouges/ monks and unholy dk wid dominate with pala heals
    why unholy dks? I think they get some QoL changes in PTR and that nice strangulate buff, but they lack defensive cds vs melees. did I missed something?
    Last edited by katsumo; 2013-01-18 at 08:38 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •