Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Why do people consistenly downplay/complain about rets? Rets were top tier in 5.1 slightly behind warriors and ferals. With little to no changes to them and major over the top nerfs to feral and warriors ret's going to be damn powerful come 5.2.

    And lol at rets "hitting like a wet noodle". Ret burst is still one of if not the most powerful in the game. And their support role keeps them as the most powerful peelers in the game too.
    rets were not top tier in 5.1. they were very good in 5.0 before they nerfed pvp power, but they were not top tier even then . no where close. enhance was much stronger then ret and they were not as good as warriors and ferals.

    you don't seem to understand the distinction between peeling and support. support is offensive as well as defensive, peeling is purely defensive.

    rets support was very good before they gutted their healing potential, with its healing no longer as powerful as it once was ret's support loses a lot of value. a ret's heals were literally half their value to their team, you don't bring rets for their burst, thats an added bonus, you bring ret's for their capacity to keep a stronger melee offensive and mobile. the pvppower nerfs also gutted ret's survivability making them even less appealing to teams because they end up being the one who gets trained the whole match because of their weak defensive.

    their burst was also not as great as its been in the past, its about equal with enhance's and rets are just as controllable as ever during it. warriors and ferals both burst harder.
    Last edited by kosechi; 2013-01-18 at 09:07 PM.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    rets were not top tier in 5.1. they were very good in 5.0 before they nerfed pvp power, but they were not top tier even then . no where close. enhance was much stronger then ret and they were not as good as warriors and ferals.

    you don't seem to understand the distinction between peeling and support. support is offensive as well as defensive, peeling is purely defensive.

    rets support was very good before they gutted their healing potential, with its healing no longer as powerful as it once was ret's support loses a lot of value. a ret's heals were literally half their value to their team, you don't bring rets for their burst, thats an added bonus, you bring ret's for their capacity to keep a stronger melee offensive and mobile. the pvppower nerfs also gutted ret's survivability making them even less appealing to teams because they end up being the one who gets trained the whole match because of their weak defensive.

    their burst was also not as great as its been in the past, its about equal with enhance's and rets are just as controllable as ever during it. warriors and ferals both burst harder.

    ^This right here. Ret can be CC'ed and dispelled through all CD's easily.

  3. #43
    Only hybrids tht will be any good are Boomie and Spriest. Course that means that Boomie/Spriest/Hpala is gonna be aweeeesome

  4. #44
    Herald of the Titans naturetauren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Born in Sweden, but im going to move away <3
    Posts
    2,723
    About ret pallies: i welcome the pvp power buff but i dont think i can count me in to the FOTMs still. Should read the patch notes again.

    EDIT: Damn thats some nice stuffs. Spriests <3
    Last edited by naturetauren; 2013-01-19 at 12:25 PM.
    OP spells at Ashran? Based on faction population? Yes, WODs gonna be the most awesome expansion ever! Propably gonna hit under 4 million sub mark.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Svarbald View Post
    ^This right here. Ret can be CC'ed and dispelled through all CD's easily.
    Breaking News: Wings aren't dispellable!

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenobaal View Post
    Breaking News: Wings aren't dispellable!
    breaking news: you can still be sheeped/feared/disarmed/hexed/stunned/horrified! unlike most melee rets have no short cd limited cc break.

    rets are still super vulnerable to dispels because their survivability tier is dispellable which devalues their healing even more. wings+full SH stacks can be a decent heal, pity those SH stacks can be pulled off by anyone with a dispel button.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo View Post
    Ya, cuz u know, the worlds best players will tell you that ret is one of the weakest specs, so, ya, it actually isnt about the players skill in this regard
    Pvers: think cause they beat a boss whos pretty much exactly the same every time it means they know about pvp issues
    One of the world's best players is Vanguards. And he's doing fine as ret with any comp he runs. The reason "ret is weak" is that you're a bad player. Not because ret is weak. And because there's two classes that are overshadowing it currently.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-19 at 05:26 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Svarbald View Post
    ^This right here. Ret can be CC'ed and dispelled through all CD's easily.
    So can 5.1 warriors.

    And no, the warrior one shot macro still pales in comparison to rets popping all their cds at once.

    Contrary to popular belief, warrior mobility sucks ass. Mobility = ability to get to your target AND to stick to your target. They are the worst off by a massive margin in the latter regard and it will only become worse in 5.2 with the shockwave nerf. They can get their uptime for 4 or 1.5 seconds at a time but anyone who has half a brain will treat warriors like they did in Cataclysm and cc/slow/root them as soon as they charge.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-01-19 at 05:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  8. #48
    Give me statistics on top rated 2's, 3's, or RBG's for the number of Warriors vs Rets. My guess is that its a good 20 to 1 ratio, the reason being is that you would never bring a Ret paladin over a Holy paladin....ever. All the things you mentioned about their support can be brought to the team by a Hpal

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    One of the world's best players is Vanguards. And he's doing fine as ret with any comp he runs. The reason "ret is weak" is that you're a bad player. Not because ret is weak. And because there's two classes that are overshadowing it currently.[COLOR="red"]
    which is why hes playing his shaman more then his ret right?
    vanguards has stated flat out that ret is weak, enhance is stronger, and that both pale in comparison to warriors and ferals and hes right.

    and you know what? most of us are not vanguards, he could pick up any class or spec and do well on it, the vast majority of us do not have the advantage of his access to superior quality partners/superior hand eye coordination/superior reflexes.

    ANYTHING in the hands of a player as good as him is strong. that doesn't make what ever hes playing strong in general.

    rets were very good before their healing was gutted, now they are barely mediocre. the pvppower buff will help, so will the flash of light buff but rets have no where near the utility of shadow priests or the damage of warriors or ferals.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    There is so much wrong with this post I don't even know where to begin.

    Ret is not a joke, it's the third best melee spec in the game right now - warriors and ferals are getting huge nerfs, ret may end up being the best melee spec in the game in 5.2.

    Enhance will receive more from this buff than most specs, for most this buff is 25% more healing, for maelstorm (since its a 2x multipler to heals) its 50% more healing than live.

    Elemental and Balance will see 25% more healing from this.

    Shadowpriests will see 12.5% LESS healing from this, because while they gain the 25% buff, Flash Heal was nerfed by 30% baseline, and then buffed for Holy and Disc to be the same as on live (effectively only nerfing shadow's flash heals). 100% (live heal) * 25% (bonus healing from pvp power) * (1-30%) = 87.5%. So Shadow will flash heal for 12.5% less in 5.2 than they do on live.

    Triple DPS with a spriest will be worse in 5.2 than it is now, and right now, the only triple dps with a spriest that is any use at all is shadow/fmage/balance, and that's because all 3 of them have heals - balance has glyph of moonbeast, and mage gets healing touch via symbiosis). Most of this comp is still based on god comp mechanics - namely - that frost mage peels let spriests and druids free cast (and again, the spriest in this comp is getting nerfed).

    Quote Originally Posted by Jamber View Post
    lol at the bad math. Hybrids will regain some of the lost healing throughput via pvp power, but only at 25% of their pvp power. Example: If you hve 50% pvp power, your damage will be upped by 50% on players in pvp, and your healing will be upped by (50%/4) 12.5% in pvp. If you have 40% pvp power, your damage will be upped by 40% on players in pvp, and your healing will be upped by (40%/4) 10% in pvp.

    This.

    This is a very nicely implemented healing buff. shadow recieves close to NO change. as most run around 50% pvp power, thus the 12.5% short as seen in yvaelles maths is added as shown in jambers.

    While all other hybrids shud see a 12.5% increase. which will grow as their pvp power grows from gear in later seasons. as well as through primary stats.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •