Dark Apothesis wings update?

I'm creating this thread to open up room for suggestions from the community, ideas rather, for what everyone would like the Dark Apothesis to look like.

1. Do you like the change from originally being full demon form in beta to just being wings on live?

I like being able to see my character, but I also really liked the ability to look fully demonic. Could there not be a glyph to allow room for both options?

2. What do you feel the wings should look like? Do you feel there should be something more? Perhaps horns? Perhaps a slightly larger than normal character to show the increase in power and fel energy?

3. This isn't so much a question, as much as my personal suggestion for them... but have you noticed how detailed and colorful the Vengeful and tier helm jumping animation wings are for the warlocks? I would really love to have the color scheme from those wings instead of the all black, or at the very least an option to choose. I know that may be a little complex, but what do you think?

4. Are the wings big enough? What do you feel they are lacking?

My thoughts: They need more movement! They have an awesome levitate animation and actually flap, or at least did in beta, and yet on live they are extremely stiff and making them look so constricted also makes them look fairly small and flat! I would really love it if they would update them!

5. Do you feel that it should come with a passive slow fall ability? I realize they tried to compensate with the damage reduction glyph, but if your character has wings, then logically they should be able to fly or use them for something other than carrion swarm.. which also does not cause them to flap or have any movement last I checked.

I just feel like there are a lot of small changes that could be made to them to really increase my level of pleasure when playing this particular spec and character!

I'd rather have a green demon form for DA, and the purple for dps. but than they'd have to give the demon forms a mounted animation, and we all know blizz doesn't like adding animations to forms. look at how much time it took them to make a moonkin mounted animation lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Oh yeah, I did forget about the whole mounting issue. lol It would probably be a little awkward to ride my flying mount with my wings hanging out. All the more reason to give them flying!

I agree that they appear a bit stiff. They at least move somewhat when you run/jump, but it is not enough in my opinion. They should be much more flexible and more like the Malefic set wings. Now, I really don't like the DA form in general, since nobody I know uses it outside of looking beastly in a capital city. Just no reason to use DA over Meta in any case whatsoever. I think they need to be built into the Demo spec. Aff already had the shards visual, destro is about to be engulfed in green fire, and Demo would be really cool if you could just be a half demon at all times and go full meta when needed. They could even make it a minor glyph to make it easy and an option.

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooChyle View Post
    I agree that they appear a bit stiff. They at least move somewhat when you run/jump, but it is not enough in my opinion. They should be much more flexible and more like the Malefic set wings. Now, I really don't like the DA form in general, since nobody I know uses it outside of looking beastly in a capital city. Just no reason to use DA over Meta in any case whatsoever. I think they need to be built into the Demo spec. Aff already had the shards visual, destro is about to be engulfed in green fire, and Demo would be really cool if you could just be a half demon at all times and go full meta when needed. They could even make it a minor glyph to make it easy and an option.
    I only do quests and scenarios with DA on. questing is so easy with DA. pull 12 mobs, AoE, felguard AoE, infernal, pull 8 more mobs. you never die lol

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I only do quests and scenarios with DA on. questing is so easy with DA. pull 12 mobs, AoE, felguard AoE, infernal, pull 8 more mobs. you never die lol
    I do that without DA.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhatred View Post
    I do that without DA.
    Haha me too. It's really not needed unless purely for aesthetic reasons. Just make it part of going Demo and make everyone happy.

I love the current look, and also the fact that you can speak demonic with other warlocks while in it in this form too.

Of course I'm almways open for updates but I still think it makes sense for Apotheosis to only be partial shift, and the current wings fit the horns/feetglowtrail really well too when getting high fury.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormykitten View Post
    I love the current look, and also the fact that you can speak demonic with other warlocks while in it in this form too.

Of course I'm almways open for updates but I still think it makes sense for Apotheosis to only be partial shift, and the current wings fit the horns/feetglowtrail really well too when getting high fury.
    I don't think it makes sense for the following reason:

you are a warlock. your body is supposed to be sort of frail because you keep feeding your flesh to the dark magics you command. when you enter metamorphosis, that changes. you get all buff, with rippling muscles! you look like you can take a punch now. but dark apotheosis looks just like your frail caster form, except that it has transparent wings. it doesn't make sense to look more resistant in dps form than in "tank" form.

only thing i hate about da (and meta) is that it doesn't work with transform stuff, hey i'm a bloodelf .. boom no your not! .. but ..
    it's just + wings .. i don't get why i can't play mr. bones with wings :/

exept that i love the look right now, with t1 head (horns) and some evil looking set you look like a mini vampire (not the lame twilight version more like the cute little pink hair gnome that chops you up and feeds your bodyparts to his little hellhound )

but since it's a defense form i'd welcome it if the wings would protect your body whenever you press on twilight ward but that would probably toooo mutch work for blizz :P

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 07:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    and i allways thought the only reasons for DA is to look like a little demon while you are posing outside of stormwind ..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cptaylor38 View Post
    I'm creating this thread to open up room for suggestions from the community, ideas rather, for what everyone would like the Dark Apothesis to look like.

1. Do you like the change from originally being full demon form in beta to just being wings on live?

I like being able to see my character, but I also really liked the ability to look fully demonic. Could there not be a glyph to allow room for both options?

2. What do you feel the wings should look like? Do you feel there should be something more? Perhaps horns? Perhaps a slightly larger than normal character to show the increase in power and fel energy?

3. This isn't so much a question, as much as my personal suggestion for them... but have you noticed how detailed and colorful the Vengeful and tier helm jumping animation wings are for the warlocks? I would really love to have the color scheme from those wings instead of the all black, or at the very least an option to choose. I know that may be a little complex, but what do you think?

4. Are the wings big enough? What do you feel they are lacking?

My thoughts: They need more movement! They have an awesome levitate animation and actually flap, or at least did in beta, and yet on live they are extremely stiff and making them look so constricted also makes them look fairly small and flat! I would really love it if they would update them!

5. Do you feel that it should come with a passive slow fall ability? I realize they tried to compensate with the damage reduction glyph, but if your character has wings, then logically they should be able to fly or use them for something other than carrion swarm.. which also does not cause them to flap or have any movement last I checked.

I just feel like there are a lot of small changes that could be made to them to really increase my level of pleasure when playing this particular spec and character!
    1. Yes.

I'd have no problem with a glyph, but I would prefer at least the option to keep looking like I do now, with just the wings.

2. I like the current look. For horns, I mog my healm into the T1 helm so I have horns.

3. The animated wings are cool too. I would have no objection to them, or at least their animation, as an option for DA.

5. Passive slow-fall might be a bit much. Leap + the option of Glyph of Falling Meteor are plenty, imo.

Make DA meta a full demon version (and a full tank spec while at it too).

Make the wings a cosmetic glyph (glyph of the treant) usable in all specs.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Make DA meta a full demon version (and a full tank spec while at it too).

Make the wings a cosmetic glyph (glyph of the treant) usable in all specs.
    My extreme suggestion would be to have DA as the Demonology stance that plays perma melee and turn into Meta like now. I'd love to see Demo a true melee/Demon Hunter spec.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    My extreme suggestion would be to have DA as the Demonology stance that plays perma melee and turn into Meta like now. I'd love to see Demo a true melee/Demon Hunter spec.
    The one thing I'd like to see is Demo lose mana as a resource completely. It's the one thing that keeps me from liking the spec when playing my lock, and additionally as part of a healer team now, all of us hate that locks always steal mana hymns.

Just make Fury the only resource (either make it the primary resource or put in a mana regen mechanci so it doesn't matter), you hardcast to build fury, then you dump fury on meta.