Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Let me make sure I understand the question. You are asking if the very high pop servers are like ghost towns in WoW?

    Uh, I think that's a pretty obvious no....They are...very high pop...
    WoW having more subs than SWTOR is the same thing as Justin Bieber having more youtube plays than Tupac. Just because its more popular doesn't mean its good.

    Warcraft Lore has gone from one of the most vast and interesting stories in all of gaming to a bad Thrall Fanfic by Chris Metzen.

  2. #22
    WoW server is outdated.
    It only fits 20k people, and they cannot login at same time.
    Some small servers have only 5k.

    Star Wars server can have multi-phase.
    I wonder what the max population is?

    Don't let "server merge" scare you.
    It makes the server very active.

    I cannot believe that Blizzard can get away with the dying server problem.
    Last edited by xenogear3; 2013-01-22 at 03:19 PM.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    WoW server is outdated.
    It only fits 20k people, and they cannot login at same time.
    Some small servers have only 5k.

    Star Wars server can have multi-phase.
    I wonder what the max population is?

    Don't let "server merge" scare you.
    It makes the server very active.

    I cannot believe that Blizzard can get away with the dying server problem.
    Dying server = paid server transfer. Which equals more money for them. They have no reason to do anything with population or faction balance. Its more profitable for them.

    I leveled on Cho'gall as Alliance, there were more Horde in the Alliance capital cities than Alliance. I think the server was 98% horde. Was a challenge!

  4. #24
    Bloodsail Admiral Jamos77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bestine
    Posts
    1,032
    Quote Originally Posted by ariakul View Post
    I think the server was 98% horde. Was a challenge!
    Wow, in SWG on my server we had to compete against 75% or so Rebel Alliance but 98%? Nasty for Open World PvP I bet?
    SWG - Jamus Divinus - Bria 2005-2011

    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    There is plenty to criticize with the game and BioWares handling of it without resorting to exaggeration, so let's not do it : /

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    Wow, in SWG on my server we had to compete against 75% or so Rebel Alliance but 98%? Nasty for Open World PvP I bet?
    Had something similar on my SWG server, however pvp guilds interested in pvp leveled new toons on the other side, created another guild and balanced the difference.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    WoW server is outdated.
    It only fits 20k people, and they cannot login at same time.
    Some small servers have only 5k.

    Star Wars server can have multi-phase.
    I wonder what the max population is?

    Don't let "server merge" scare you.
    It makes the server very active.

    I cannot believe that Blizzard can get away with the dying server problem.
    Star Wars servers can have multi-phases but somehow you still dont mention how many people total are on each server.

    Your trying to do a Bioware move and state facts but make them misleading.

    First you say only 20k (as if SWTOR has more which it doesnt) then you add that they all cant log in. (SWTOR also has a chance of people not being able to log in just as in WOW). Then you say some small servers only have 5k (which i believe is the cap of SWTOR servers). Funny how the small wow servers are still more than the large SWTOR servers.

    Dont let the server merges scare anyone? They went from many (100+) V heavy/full servers with 200+ servers to now about 10 V heavy/full servers with only 20 while also adding in the asian release.

    SWTOR population is extremely low its just all the people that cant see wrong in BIOWARE make up excuses to act if there are many many more.

    There use to be someone who tracked population counts (forgot her name) and even with the mega servers there was still a cap of about 5000 players. I dont think in any record over 5000 players were ever recorded on a single server at any time, even while they were hitting full status. Yeah they would say 4 instances on the fleet of 3 instances on a certain planet but they could never give any proof that the server limit was ever over 5000. Yes again doing a /who or /50 jedi sent etc etc isnt 100% accurate giving people changing areas and logging on and off but though averages and comparing all data it can be atleast 98% accurate.

    If you used a 500 server cap and then used all the other formulas that have been shown to be roughly accurate and even were shown to be accurate using the same formula when bioware released their 1.7 and 1.3 sub counts now would show a playerbase (including F2P) at about 150k.

    Now in comes all the ones saying it cant be that low and the formulas dont work with SWTOR and the numbers should be adjusted just to match what they think.

  7. #27
    Bloodsail Admiral Jamos77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bestine
    Posts
    1,032
    Quote Originally Posted by katta View Post
    Star Wars servers can have multi-phases but somehow you still dont mention how many people total are on each server.

    Your trying to do a Bioware move and state facts but make them misleading.

    First you say only 20k (as if SWTOR has more which it doesnt) then you add that they all cant log in. (SWTOR also has a chance of people not being able to log in just as in WOW). Then you say some small servers only have 5k (which i believe is the cap of SWTOR servers). Funny how the small wow servers are still more than the large SWTOR servers.

    Dont let the server merges scare anyone? They went from many (100+) V heavy/full servers with 200+ servers to now about 10 V heavy/full servers with only 20 while also adding in the asian release.

    SWTOR population is extremely low its just all the people that cant see wrong in BIOWARE make up excuses to act if there are many many more.

    There use to be someone who tracked population counts (forgot her name) and even with the mega servers there was still a cap of about 5000 players. I dont think in any record over 5000 players were ever recorded on a single server at any time, even while they were hitting full status. Yeah they would say 4 instances on the fleet of 3 instances on a certain planet but they could never give any proof that the server limit was ever over 5000. Yes again doing a /who or /50 jedi sent etc etc isnt 100% accurate giving people changing areas and logging on and off but though averages and comparing all data it can be atleast 98% accurate.

    If you used a 500 server cap and then used all the other formulas that have been shown to be roughly accurate and even were shown to be accurate using the same formula when bioware released their 1.7 and 1.3 sub counts now would show a playerbase (including F2P) at about 150k.

    Now in comes all the ones saying it cant be that low and the formulas dont work with SWTOR and the numbers should be adjusted just to match what they think.
    Xenogear wrote: Don't let "server merge" scare you. It makes the server very active.

    Now you know he's right. The servers are very active. Log in and see for yourself. He's not saying that the overall population is healthy or booming. He's stating the truth that since September the servers are very active. The game's population has stabilized months ago now. Noone here is saying otherwise so i'm not sure who your post is aimed at.

    Personally I'd guess the population to be about 500k total. That's a guess btw, what's your guess?
    SWG - Jamus Divinus - Bria 2005-2011

    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    There is plenty to criticize with the game and BioWares handling of it without resorting to exaggeration, so let's not do it : /

  8. #28
    katta I just made a who search at red eclipse server. Search time is around 10 am CET Wednesday. Total population is 2435.

  9. #29
    Bloodsail Admiral Jamos77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bestine
    Posts
    1,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Odegon View Post
    katta I just made a who search at red eclipse server. Search time is around 10 am CET Wednesday. Total population is 2435.
    10am? 2435 logged in on one server? Seems like a lot if the cap per server is only 5k. 50% online at 10 in the morning? Cap must be higher than 5k then I guess.
    Last edited by Jamos77; 2013-01-23 at 09:25 AM.
    SWG - Jamus Divinus - Bria 2005-2011

    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    There is plenty to criticize with the game and BioWares handling of it without resorting to exaggeration, so let's not do it : /

  10. #30
    How did you make that search? doesn't it require to have less than 100 people on each instance while you would have to check each instance?

  11. #31
    Bloodsail Admiral Jamos77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bestine
    Posts
    1,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    How did you make that search? doesn't it require to have less than 100 people on each instance while you would have to check each instance?
    Lol would like to know aswell. I play on The Red Eclipse and would like to know how many neighbours I have at peak time.
    SWG - Jamus Divinus - Bria 2005-2011

    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    There is plenty to criticize with the game and BioWares handling of it without resorting to exaggeration, so let's not do it : /

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    How did you make that search? doesn't it require to have less than 100 people on each instance while you would have to check each instance?
    I searched for level(example: 29) for sub 50. And searched for 50 class(example: 50 marauder ) for lvl 50 players.

  13. #33
    Bloodsail Admiral Jamos77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bestine
    Posts
    1,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Odegon View Post
    I searched for level(example: 29) for sub 50. And searched for 50 class(example: 50 marauder ) for lvl 50 players.
    Makes sense I guess. Server cap was 5k or so at launch. They expanded the cap and so maybe it is now 20k per server. Will search tonight at peak time to see if my server goes over 10k online concurrently.
    SWG - Jamus Divinus - Bria 2005-2011

    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    There is plenty to criticize with the game and BioWares handling of it without resorting to exaggeration, so let's not do it : /

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    Xenogear wrote: Don't let "server merge" scare you. It makes the server very active.

    Now you know he's right. The servers are very active. Log in and see for yourself. He's not saying that the overall population is healthy or booming. He's stating the truth that since September the servers are very active. The game's population has stabilized months ago now. Noone here is saying otherwise so i'm not sure who your post is aimed at.

    Personally I'd guess the population to be about 500k total. That's a guess btw, what's your guess?
    Yes I know what he said.

    He is making it so that he doesnt want the fact that they merged servers as being a act of th epopulation dropping.

    The servers now are basically stable now but thats because you took everyone that is still playing from the over 2 million people that played at launch plus everyone who joined after and joind with F2P and pushed them all onto 20 servers. Of those 20 some (about 6) are hurting still.

    How can you say 500,000? Bioware stated that the game would break even (or slight profit I cant remember) with 500,000 subs. Do you really think that they would have gone F2P and restructured their team (released/fired many people) if they were anywhere near breaking even? Even your admitting that you think that there is less than 1/2 of the population they had when they anounced F2P.

    Lets also remember they stated 1.3 million subs at about the time they started talking about F2P and firing people (I mean restructuring) So 800,000 x $15 is 12 million dollars a month in profit from what they figured above breaking even. Yeah I know alot of companies that go into panic mode only making 12 million profit a month, dont you.

    You like the game, I get that but you really need to look at it realisticly. My guess is 150,000 like I said before. Yes its a guess but its not a wild guess or a number I made up just because I didnt like the game.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 05:42 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Odegon View Post
    katta I just made a who search at red eclipse server. Search time is around 10 am CET Wednesday. Total population is 2435.
    What is CET? Central Europe Time? What would that be in relations to GMT or EST?

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by katta View Post
    Yes I know what he said.

    He is making it so that he doesnt want the fact that they merged servers as being a act of th epopulation dropping.

    The servers now are basically stable now but thats because you took everyone that is still playing from the over 2 million people that played at launch plus everyone who joined after and joind with F2P and pushed them all onto 20 servers. Of those 20 some (about 6) are hurting still.

    How can you say 500,000? Bioware stated that the game would break even (or slight profit I cant remember) with 500,000 subs. Do you really think that they would have gone F2P and restructured their team (released/fired many people) if they were anywhere near breaking even? Even your admitting that you think that there is less than 1/2 of the population they had when they anounced F2P.

    Lets also remember they stated 1.3 million subs at about the time they started talking about F2P and firing people (I mean restructuring) So 800,000 x $15 is 12 million dollars a month in profit from what they figured above breaking even. Yeah I know alot of companies that go into panic mode only making 12 million profit a month, dont you.

    You like the game, I get that but you really need to look at it realisticly. My guess is 150,000 like I said before. Yes its a guess but its not a wild guess or a number I made up just because I didnt like the game.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 05:42 AM ----------



    What is CET? Central Europe Time? What would that be in relations to GMT or EST?
    Bioware said they are above 500k. They also said that there was no reason to wait. If you drop from 1.3 to 800k and you have no apparent solution for it there is absolutely no reason to wait. The longer you wait, the more people will drop out of the game and implementing F2P when you are sitting at 50k people isn't a very smart move.

    Let's just get one fact very clear.....

    Bioware put up that many server to have no one waiting in the queue. Whoever made this smart decision failed to foresee that we'll have a natural dropoff and therefor we'd need server transfers very very soon. A main reason for people to stop was because they dried out on their server, not able to transfer. Nobody is leaving now because there are not enough people.....

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    Wow, in SWG on my server we had to compete against 75% or so Rebel Alliance but 98%? Nasty for Open World PvP I bet?
    World PVP was awesome. The Horde prolly never seen another Alliance so almost all were pretty bad at PVP.
    I remember having 20 stacks of resilience in that Area PVP Map (i forget what its called in Wrath), I would 1 shot anyone with shield throw on my Pally, just hang in the gy immune. lol.

    I'll be nervous if they announce another server merge. But when I've been logging in around 10pm CST, most of the servers say Heavy or Full.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    Makes sense I guess. Server cap was 5k or so at launch. They expanded the cap and so maybe it is now 20k per server. Will search tonight at peak time to see if my server goes over 10k online concurrently.
    It is definately more than 8k.
    I made the search again close to peak time.
    1-49 rep: 3159+
    1-49 emp: 3417+
    I also got 100 8 times for 1-49 range so 1-49 is slightly higher than my results.
    all classes except scoundrel and gunslinger were at 100+ population at level 50. There were more than 100 Sith Sorcerers at the fleet.

  18. #38
    It is definately more than 8k.

    Is that concurrent players?
    Or all offline and online players?

    8k concurrent are a lot people.

    WoW's 20k and 5k are accounts. Not concurrent players.

  19. #39
    I let my sub run out a short time ago. I'd try to play the Secert World. Till I get an SDD there seems to be no point. Intense long loading screens. I have a fairly fast Video Card. It just not do the game justice unless your computer is running at peak performance. I'm open to trying different types of games. I thought TOR would be the end all for me.

    Sadly it was rushed out even though they had several delays. The lack of music or doing things as a group. Has made it a good RPG solo play but for me personally expect for PVP not so much in groups. PVE feels like fighting elite trash for over an hour. I do like the compelling story's. The reason I likely grind up my points so often so I can advance for the next level for class mission.

    Since the Co Founders left the game. I have a sinking feeling the project expansion they were working on before they left might be last thing added to this game. I just do not like Cartel System and it borders on the line to Buy to Win rather then free to play. My own personal point of view.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •