10+ Year Old Account

What's the fastest way to get Field Respec as a new player?

UPDATE:
    The answer is "Pick your Legacy name so it lets you see Legacy trees and their helpful 'Hey, you can give us money for this!' options".

As a brand new player (subbed), what's the fastest to unlock the Field Respec perk? I'm level 10 on my first character, and want it now, right now, before I level any further, because I'm picky and indecisive and like to experiment, swap talents every level, and generally have my perfect little build.

Isn't there some way to just give them money for this? I mean, they seem to love money. There seems to be an option to send EA money for just about everything. Around every corner I'm expecting the next one, perhaps a 3 euro / hour "oxygen purification charge" to ensure your character doesn't die of suffocation in hostile environments.

Yet to my confusion, I can't find the option I'm looking for: "Give EA Money to Unlock Field Respec NOW".

I just want my Field Respec. How do I get my Field Respec? Now?
    Last edited by Lovestar; 2013-01-24 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post

Yet to my confusion, I can't find the option I'm looking for: "Give EA Money to Unlock Field Respec NOW".
    (
    Buy a cartel pack sell it on the gtn use the money for the field respec.

Deleted
    Legacy -> Character perks -> Field Respec -> buy with either ingame credits or cartel points
    Seems to work for me. *shrug*

ps. this is the fastest, not the most economical way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks guys, yeah I just figured this out and was coming back to update. ^^

I was looking in the Cartel Market because I haven't picked a Legacy Name yet, so it won't let me view the Legacy trees. That's why I couldn't find it. :p

Yay! FIELD RESPECS: DEPLOYED!!
    Last edited by Lovestar; 2013-01-24 at 07:40 AM.

Deleted
    The different approaches to MMO gaming never ceases to surprise me, how some players can find one aspect of a game so important that is to other players quite insignificant. The beauty of diversity
    This for example, it had never occurred to me that people would want to respec so much....I personally don't respec very often. Out of all of my characters (5 lvl50s, 3 in the 30s & a few in the 20s) I've probably only respecced about 10 or 12 times in total.

I think I may start playing with my skill trees a bit more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolverk View Post
    The different approaches to MMO gaming never ceases to surprise me, how some players can find one aspect of a game so important that is to other players quite insignificant. The beauty of diversity
    This for example, it had never occurred to me that people would want to respec so much....
    It's because SWTOR is using the old-school WoW style of talent trees, meaning you can pepper points all over at early levels (when you can't reach key talents in 1 tree, or haven't learned a core ability yet), or create ludicrous goofball 10/15/16 hybrid builds that can solve specific situations.

So, as someone who used to spend way too much time fiddling with WoW talent calculators to explode random crazy build ideas, the ability to actually just do it whenever I feel like it is way too awesome. Yes it is 99.9% pointless in endgame (10/31 cookie cutter GO), but since the fun is leveling here, I'm taking advantage of the chance to go crazy with it. ^^

Also, since there's no dual-spec, this is the next-best thing. Better, in some ways.