Problems with my phone data network

Hey, I didn't know where the correct place to post this would be, so I'm sorry if this is the wrong place.

I've been having issues with being charged for data useage on my phone, I use a samsung galaxy ace, and every time I use the internet on it, I'll be at home, connecting to my home wifi.

Thing is, I have the data network useage turned off, and I also have tethering turned off, so I can't think of how I am being charged for data useage when there's no way I could have been using it.

I'm constantly connected to home wifi, and if the connection drops, it doesn't switch to data network because that is turned off.

Anyone have any ideas?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....onavoid&hl=en

Install one of these, it should give you an indication as to what is eating bandwidth, and how much. After you know just uninstall it/or don't open that app.
    Last edited by Moosie; 2013-01-18 at 01:21 AM.
    Moosie <After Hours> : Feral / Restoration

I did not see in your post that you called your phone provider or the company you are contracted with to use the phone to ask them about it. That would be step 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Hey, I didn't know where the correct place to post this would be, so I'm sorry if this is the wrong place.

I've been having issues with being charged for data useage on my phone, I use a samsung galaxy ace, and every time I use the internet on it, I'll be at home, connecting to my home wifi.

Thing is, I have the data network useage turned off, and I also have tethering turned off, so I can't think of how I am being charged for data useage when there's no way I could have been using it.

I'm constantly connected to home wifi, and if the connection drops, it doesn't switch to data network because that is turned off.

Anyone have any ideas?
    there is constant data updates that dont go over wifi, make sure your apps are set to sync over wifi

but it wouldn't surprise me if your carrier is simply lying to you and charging you because it's (intentionally) difficult for you to prove how much data you use

i7-4790K | Z97 Class. | 8GB DDR3-2133 | GTX-690 Quad SLI | RAIDR | 512GB Samsung 830 | AX1200 | RV05
    Dell U2711 | Ducky Shine3 YoS | Steelseries Sensei | Xonar Essence One | KRK RP8G2s