Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    The last thing I need is someone telling me how awesome the game is
    Welp, I hope you didn't pay attention to anything they said for the first 3ish months after launch. I've never seen a developer pat themselves on the back and give each other so many high fives after launch as BioWare did with SWTOR. Sadly, that's all you're going to get out of them for this point. I think that given what happened to the game post-launch, that they're on a pretty short leash, so I wouldn't expect too much that hasn't been approved/sanitized : /

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Welp, I hope you didn't pay attention to anything they said for the first 3ish months after launch. I've never seen a developer pat themselves on the back and give each other so many high fives after launch as BioWare did with SWTOR. Sadly, that's all you're going to get out of them for this point. I think that given what happened to the game post-launch, that they're on a pretty short leash, so I wouldn't expect too much that hasn't been approved/sanitized : /
    That is certainly true... but it is also true that they admitted many times over straight out that they made specific mistakes. It's one of the things that initially gave me hope, they seemed to understand what their missteps were and (logically speaking) that should have meant they weren't going to make those mistakes again. But then they layoffs happened and I don't think I have heard or talked to anyone since then who admitted to mistakes made. And it's not just "oh it's the new people", some of the people there have drastically changed how they talk about things involving the game. It's sort of impressive... in a depressing sort of way.

Just have to love theses meet the devs posts they make. All they are are trying to do is sucker the players into thinking they are hard workers.

Just look at the background part. Got out of college and got a part time job as CS then moved onto QA and then the rest is history.

Really thats the background of the people that work here. They just promote no names from CS and QA into leadership positions?

How about what you majored in in college, did it have to do anything with computers?

How about how long you been a lead designer or even worked on developement.

No one cares about CS or QA. They just throw that in so people will think that since they done thoses things they have someone who actually does thoses things now.

The rest is history. Really you are going to give us a background of yourself and just say its all history.

This is why this game failed and wont get any better. They have people that are inexperienced as leaders in thier departments, probable because they are so much cheaper than having someone who knows what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by katta View Post
    This is why this game failed and wont get any better. They have people that are inexperienced as leaders in thier departments, probable because they are so much cheaper than having someone who knows what they are doing.
    That's the current leadership. The prior leadership came with 5-10 years of experience working on various MMO's, though I know a lot of the team was ex-Mythic...which is never promising if they bring over their experience of how to do things instead of their knowledge of how not to do things (trying to say Mythic is not a good dev house).

What seems kinda wrong to me is that people represent the game you've never heard of and they do it in a very naiv fashion as the game would only now launch. Their "naiv" optimistik attitude is something which drives me off.

They have people that are inexperienced as leaders in thier departments, probable because they are so much cheaper than having someone who knows what they are doing.
    This doesn't make sense... .

What seems kinda wrong to me is that people represent the game you've never heard of and they do it in a very naiv fashion as the game would only now launch. Their "naiv" optimistik attitude is something which drives me off.

This doesn't make sense... .
    I know it doesnt. Maybe you should ask Bioware why they do it.

I know it doesnt. Maybe you should ask Bioware why they do it.
    If they are profit oriented, you don't hire people which have no idea only because they are cheap. You are hiring people from which you think they can do exactly what you want and if they ask less than a veteran manager, even better. Everyone had to start from somewhere. You are saying they are hiring stupid people from which they know that they won't bring anything to the table just because they are cheap.

If they are profit oriented, you don't hire people which have no idea only because they are cheap. You are hiring people from which you think they can do exactly what you want and if they ask less than a veteran manager, even better. Everyone had to start from somewhere. You are saying they are hiring stupid people from which they know that they won't bring anything to the table just because they are cheap.
    I am not saying they are hiring stupid people. What I am saying is they are hiring people properly qualified for the position.