Deleted

Warrior AOE Target Count Question + random extras

AOE:
    At which number of targets to start Whirlwinding ? I used to think it was 3 but saw some high ranks on wol doing it at 2
    At which target count do you stop casting Raging Blow ? (I dont really need an answer here just curious )
    At which number of targets to stop casting cleave ? is there even a target count to cleave at ?
    At which number does single target execute get eclipsed by whirlwind ?

How long is it worth delaying cooldowns for Heroism ?
    How long is it worth delaying cooldowns for the Execute Phase ?

Is it worth waiting 30 seconds to the next Skull Banner before Recklessness ?
    Is it worth skipping a heroic leap have it match up with Bloodbath etc ?

Dumb questions ? maybe but im too bad a math to find them out myself !

SO IM ASKING THE SMART PEOPLE

Quote Originally Posted by Castiell View Post
    At which number of targets to start Whirlwinding ? I used to think it was 3 but saw some high ranks on wol doing it at 2
    Depending on your gear, sometimes WW>WS even with only one target. It may be the case if your off-hand has a lower ilvl than your main-hand.
    If you have 2+ targets, WW is always better, especially since your next RB will hit one additional target.

At which target count do you stop casting Raging Blow ?
    You don't.

At which number does single target execute get eclipsed by whirlwind ?
    Theorically, in BiS, WW is slightly better if you have 3+ targets. But it requires a perfect gameplay and it may depend on your gear (and on SMF/TG).
    It's safer to replace Execute by WW only if you have 4+ targets.
    Though, you keep using Execute during a CS window.

How long is it worth delaying cooldowns for Heroism ?
    How long is it worth delaying cooldowns for the Execute Phase ?
    Depends on many thing.
    Usually, you want to use your cd as many times as possible in one fight, using it at least once during opening and once during execute phase. Delaying a cooldown long enough to lose one use one the fight is usually a dps loss.

Is it worth waiting 30 seconds to the next Skull Banner before Recklessness ?
    Don't know, I don't have the 4p bonus yet, so I didn't look at the calculations. Simple answer is to use my statement above, if you don't lose a Recklessness that way, it's a dps increase. If you lose a Recklessness, it's probably a dps loss.

Is it worth skipping a heroic leap have it match up with Bloodbath etc ?
    You should use Heroic leap during your first BB, then have every other HL available during BB if you use it on cd.
    If the two cooldowns get desynchronized, it's usually better to delay HL to re-synchronize your cooldowns (since BB is supposed to be synchronized with CS and your trinket/synapse). It obviously depends on different thing like the time remaining before the end of the fight, but there shouldn't be many situations when you don't delay HL in this scenario.
    Last edited by Senen; 2013-01-18 at 05:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you 1.) already have someone to apply sunder so you don't need the CS glyph and 2.) Are TG, WW beats out unproced WS. (also depends on weapon difference, I have a 510 SS and 504 Shinka so I'd use the RB glyph.)

Yes, save reck for use during banner. The exception is on a fight where you would otherwise be able to use 3 reck but only 2 banners. The goal with CDs is to use them as often as possible, to do the most damage. Most short fights (feng, gara, etc) I save the 2nd banner and reck for execute phase. Other fights, it depends. You don't want to end execute phase without having had full use of prepot/lust/trinkets/CDs, but that doesn't mean its always better to pop things out of sync during execute. It depends on the fight, and how long execute phase. (Also depends on if there is a good chance you'll die, if its a progression fight, if you need to use banner for the raid instead of as a personal CD, etc.)

Never stop using RB. Never use cleave.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait im sorry senen WW out dpses WS after a certain gear level? Can you explain why and also how do I know when i've reached it!?1

Quote Originally Posted by Flalia4 View Post
    Wait im sorry senen WW out dpses WS after a certain gear level? Can you explain why and also how do I know when i've reached it!?1
    I haven't looked to the formula to compute WW's and WS's DPE yet so I'm not sure of what makes WW better than WS.
    I'd say that if both your weapons have the same ilvl and/or if you're SMF it shouldn't be the case. But, again, I haven't looked at the formula yet. I just saw a random comment on official forum stating "WW > WS" and tried it with my char (currently TG since I've never seen any 476+ weapon), the damage were pretty close but with the glyph of Whirlwind it seemed that WW dealt more damage than WS.

Honestly, it's pretty close and only true for specific gears so I don't know if it's really important, doesn't look like a big dps increase and requires to change your gameplay each time you change weapons.
    (Note that using WW also gives a chance to proc on both your weapons while WS can only proc your off-hand. So I may underestimate the dps increase, but I'm not using WW for single target since I'm lazy and don't want to change my gameplay for a ridiculous dps increase.)