10+ Year Old Account

Kloxo FTP users unable to login

Hi,

I've recently tried setting up a Kloxo (formerly known as LXAdmin) control panel on CentOS 6.3 to try and make life a little easier to host web content, however I am having a hard time giving ftp access to users other than root/admin.

I can create new FTP users from within the control panel just fine. But when they try and connect via FTP the server refuses the connection. When they try and connect via SFTP it says that the login is invalid. (And yes I have checked usernames and passwords).

I have tried disabling the firewall (no difference)
    The all required services are definitely running as I can connect as root to the server via FTP, SFTP, SCP and SSH.

10+ Year Old Account
    if they can access via root but not other user accounts, then it is a permissions issue, im not as familiar with CentOS as i should be, but is there a policy editor similar to gpedit in windows server?

you probably need to elevate the users to have permission somewhere

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I can tell the users don't actually get a shell account, just an FTP one. and I can't imagine that whoever developed the panel would make everything else so easy but require you to create shell users for each FTP user.