Thread: Imperial silk

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Imperial silk

I've been starting to stockpile up imp silk & was looking for opinions. Save em all up for 5.2 or make a royal satchel or 2 to sell now for around 5k? (I've got a DECENT amount of gold saved up but nowhere NEAR as much as a lot of you out there) lol

Well bags are always a nice steady income of gold.

True but at 12 days per bag (less a few if I want to spend spirits of harmony) I'm not sure wether to really save the silks for any new tailoring patterns in 5.2

If you don't have any 496 patterns to make/sell then just stockpile them imo. We don't really know what they'll be needed for in the future but worst case scenario, 28 slot bags aren't really going to drop in price.

Well perhaps give it a try if you want. If it doesn't work for 5.2 then you can always make bags out of them. Win/win either way really.

I've been stockpiling mine for a little while now, waiting to see what happens and what patterns there will be for 5.2. Hopefully something will require them, but as stated even if they become useless in higher crafting levels you always have those bags to fall back on.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    If you don't have any 496 patterns to make/sell then just stockpile them imo. We don't really know what they'll be needed for in the future but worst case scenario, 28 slot bags aren't really going to drop in price.

Yeah that's another problem (THANKS BLIZZ) I do LFR but not regular raiding & the really good patterns don't drop in LFR Well I havn't seen any drop. Well I havn't seen any drop.
    Last edited by albar45; 2013-01-18 at 12:08 PM. Reason: adding content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by albar45 View Post
    Yeah that's another problem (THANKS BLIZZ) I do LFR but not regular raiding & the really good patterns don't drop in LFR Well I havn't seen any drop. Well I havn't seen any drop.
    How is Blizzard to blame for this?
    You want something decent, you work for it. In this case, do a normal raid of some sort.

Now, you will tell me that you don't have the time, energy, money -or any combination- to do normal raids. In that case, you apparently don't want to spend time and effort in obtaining reasonably hard to obtain items. See how that complaint makes no sense?

There's always the ilvl 476 stuff available at Honored with Golden Lotus. Not exactly ilvl 496 raid-drop patterns, but they could quite possibly still sell (bonus points, as they won't require the Blood Spirits to craft that you won't have because you don't raid normal/heroic modes).

Deleted
    Maybe because LFR is a dumbed down version of the actual raid and the epic patterns you have to put some work in to get.

You have to check your server prices. On mine satchels are 6k (500g per silk) versus 800g for a spell thread, so obviously selling spellthread is better than making satchels. Your server might be entirely different though. In general I would expect prices to rise on spellthread at the time of the patch as well, but it really depends, if half your server decided to all make spellthread at patch time they could just as easily crash the market. Judgement calls like that all come back to having a feel for your own server economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    How is Blizzard to blame for this?
    You want something decent, you work for it. In this case, do a normal raid of some sort.

Now, you will tell me that you don't have the time, energy, money -or any combination- to do normal raids. In that case, you apparently don't want to spend time and effort in obtaining reasonably hard to obtain items. See how that complaint makes no sense?
    No I don't regular raid because my guild is small & lots of us don't play regularly anymore. I don't HAVE a regular raid to be part of(One with my friends & not a random group of strangers). Anyway (reopens old can of worms) I shouldn't have to do a specific thing in order to get the same oppertunities as others. I said I run LFR which to me is just as much "endgame " as regular raid. I get real tired to be honest with hearing "it's all about the raiders. They're the ones who "work" hardest & should get the best stuff" To me that's crap. So what if LFR is a "dumbed down" version? It's still raiding to some of us. Not all of us think raiders are the gods of WOW. There's PLENTY of us casuals that get tired of seeing that attitude. To me there's absolutely no reason those patterns can't have a small chance of dropping in LFR as well as as regular raid. I work just as hard as someone who runs reg/heroic raids. I have to sit in que as solo dps sometimes for up to an hour to get in then I still need to know the fight mechanics & perform my abilities just like reg/heroic raiders so yes I DO work just as hard as everyone else thank you very much.
    Last edited by albar45; 2013-01-18 at 03:58 PM.

Deleted
    No I don't regular raid because my guild is small & lots of us don't play regularly anymore. I don't HAVE a regular raid to be part of(One with my friends & not a random group of strangers). Anyway (reopens old can of worms) I shouldn't have to do a specific thing in order to get the same oppertunities as others. I said I run LFR which to me is just as much "endgame " as regular raid. I get real tired to be honest with hearing "it's all about the raiders. They're the ones who "work" hardest & should get the best stuff" To me that's crap. So what if LFR is a "dumbed down" version? It's still raiding to some of us. Not all of us think raiders are the gods of WOW. There's PLENTY of us casuals that get tired of seeing that attitude. To me there's absolutely no reason those patterns can't have a small chance of dropping in LFR as well as as regular raid. I work just as hard as someone who runs reg/heroic raids. I have to sit in que as solo dps sometimes for up to an hour to get in then I still need to know the fight mechanics & perform my abilities just like reg/heroic raiders so yes I DO work just as hard as everyone else thank you very much.
    As someone who does not raid except LFR, I am in the exact same position as you. And yet I disagree with you. Sorry.

Also, please don't insult others (or kid yourself) by saying you need to perform your abilities in LFR.
    You and four other DPS could die in the first 10 seconds, and there would still be no real reason of wiping.

5.2 crafting patterns are probably going to be like 5.1 in that you'll need the pattern and some crafting mat obtained from the raid itself. If you can get both of those items relatively cheap I would stockpile for the new patterns, otherwise just make bags.

Quote Originally Posted by wiammaren View Post
    so obviously selling spellthread is better than making satchels.
    Spellthreads also require SoH to craft; Bags don't.

Deleted
    Save em for next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Spellthreads also require SoH to craft; Bags don't.
    Last I checked spellthreads don't take SoH just 1 imperial silk - did they add a new one I am unaware of?

Deleted
    I have tailoring in an alt that I cba be arsed levelling let alone farm reps, so I'm just stock pilling them till the day they become BoE and I can send to a friend to make me bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskobar View Post
    I have tailoring in an alt that I cba be arsed levelling let alone farm reps, so I'm just stock pilling them till the day they become BoE and I can send to a friend to make me bags.
    Dito. Not looking forward at all to first needing to level my Priest to 90, get Golden Lotus to revered and then get August Celestials to exalted just to buy a bag pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by Athryl View Post
    Last I checked spellthreads don't take SoH just 1 imperial silk - did they add a new one I am unaware of?
    Doh, I'm thinking of LW leg armor kits. You're correct on that.