Deleted

Shadow app and melee range is a dps increase ?

This is mainly a thought about people with high crit and haste.

As a shadow priest we are ranges dps. Standing at 25 yard or more away from boss. We can only have 3 app up at the time. They move so slowly. Is it possible to have a 4th swp crit before the first app hits the boss?

If that is the case. Standing in melee range would drasticly decrease the travel time of the app. Resulting in more apps if you crit more often.

they're removing the 3 apparition cap for 5.2. that said, the times when apparitions currently bug out are pretty much independent of where you're standing. when mobs teleport/disappear they have a tendency to cause the apparitions we have out to just stand around.

15+ Year Old Account
    They're buffing the apparition cap to 6 I think, not removing the cap entirely - because of that there is always the risk of capping out your apparitions - which is less a risk the closer you are to the boss. Generally it won't be much of a concern, but if we end up with a fight that gives us a massive crit buff or something - we should move to melee range to make sure we don't cap - especcially if there is multi-dotting on the fight.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    They're buffing the apparition cap to 6 I think, not removing the cap entirely - because of that there is always the risk of capping out your apparitions - which is less a risk the closer you are to the boss. Generally it won't be much of a concern, but if we end up with a fight that gives us a massive crit buff or something - we should move to melee range to make sure we don't cap - especcially if there is multi-dotting on the fight.
    I read it was 10

Quote Originally Posted by Ragetacular View Post
    I read it was 10
    IT's 10 if you have the 2pc

Quote Originally Posted by Isotope View Post
    IT's 10 if you have the 2pc
    No, it's 10 regardless of the set bonus.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    • Shadow Priests have raised concerns about both of their T15 bonuses being tied to Shadowy Apparitions. Know that we have improved Shadowy Apparitions. Previously, there was a cap of 4 out at once. In build 16446, that’s raised to 5 if you have 2T15. However in the next build, we just raised the cap to 10, which you should basically never hit. And more importantly, we significantly improved their AI. Please try them out. If they give you problems, please be as specific as possible about those situations.
    Well, on Twitter GC said they removed the cap completely, so that might also be the case. Regardless of that - on PTR it's currently possible to have more than 3 active Apparitions.
    Last edited by Kaesebrezen; 2013-01-18 at 09:21 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Good to know! Dunno where six came from. I hope the cap is completely removed, then the possibility exists again to Shadowcrowd by running around spamming pain on many things to make an army of clones (albeit not as effective as before because we don't have a higher spawn rate while moving anymore)
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter