Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    why are you guys bitching about it for being more casual? I love the fact the game is getting more accessable that just means more things to do. Sorry but blizzard cant tune themselves to the idiots that can spend 12 hours a day on the game pvping thinking they are gods.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Totemgarden View Post
    This is the worst update in the game. all the terrible players will be given gear for no reason. way to ruin arenas blizzard and anyone who says im wrong is stuck in the 1500 bracket
    How dare they give players the opportunity to catch up!

The real prize is getting rankings not gear.

Quote Originally Posted by valcrist View Post
    why are you guys bitching about it for being more casual? I love the fact the game is getting more accessable that just means more things to do. Sorry but blizzard cant tune themselves to the idiots that can spend 12 hours a day on the game pvping thinking they are gods.
    I have no idea why either. In PvE it makes no sense to casualize gear. In PvP the only reason you wouldn't want it casualized is to stroke your ego, which is absolutely irrelevant to good game design. PvP should be as accessible as it can be, and let skill factor settle the rest. That's really all there is to it.

I've been nearly 2700 and achieved Glad 2 times and I fully support giving every player the same gear I have ever had. And you know why? Because I can still trounce them with my skill any day, but their enjoyment in PvP will skyrocket, and that can only be a good thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    How dare they give players the opportunity to catch up!

The real prize is getting rankings not gear.
    This, pretty much. From ranking, comes the actual incentive. Which is titles and mounts. And those incentives are still 100% in . People who love fair competition and just love a challenge, and prestige, not just lolololol roflstomp people because they started late, will love this.

Woot! No need to game the system by win trading or getting carried by people with elite weapons.
    PvP will be fun for everyone again.
    Last edited by Doxshund; 2013-01-18 at 03:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    I have no idea why either. In PvE it makes no sense to casualize gear. In PvP the only reason you wouldn't want it casualized is to stroke your ego, which is absolutely irrelevant to good game design. PvP should be as accessible as it can be, and let skill factor settle the rest. That's really all there is to it.

I've been nearly 2700 and achieved Glad 2 times and I fully support giving every player the same gear I have ever had. And you know why? Because I can still trounce them with my skill any day, but their enjoyment in PvP will skyrocket, and that can only be a good thing.

100% agreed. However, I do think they do need to add some more cosmetic piece upgrades the higher rated you are, as it will give more incentive to try for higher ratings. PvP gear should be easy to get, but there still should be rewards for being good. Things like Glad titles and glad mounts are the perfect things to offer. They do not give a cosmetic upgrade, and are really coveted rewards that make people shoot for them.

So 'pros' bitching about elite gear now for every noob outhere? since when was pvp about the gear? I always thought that all that matter for 'pros' was the ranking and their shiny gladiator title, I mean giving an elite weapon to a noob like me won't make him a gladiator, right?

15+ Year Old Account
    Okay so in 5.2 there will be no different looking gear, no special items, nothing special at all apart from titles for above 2200+ players. Isn't that kinda pointless?

great......... now will evryone run around with elite gear. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

This is the worst update in the game. all the terrible players will be given gear for no reason. way to ruin arenas blizzard and anyone who says im wrong is stuck in the 1500 bracket
    Well if they're all terrible, even if they get free gear you should have no problem killing them. God forbid you don't just completely bulldoze over someone before they can try to put up a fight.

this man is a gentleman and a scholar!

Quote Originally Posted by Imbashiethz View Post
    Okay so in 5.2 there will be no different looking gear, no special items, nothing special at all apart from titles for above 2200+ players. Isn't that kinda pointless?
    PvP should be about the actual battles vs. other players. Not the different kind of things you can get, that being the main factor is stupid. PvP should have always been a side game. Something you do purely out of enjoyment, and some cosmetic rewards in there for those extra dedicated. PvE has a gear progression system because it makes sense and is a different game altogether.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Yep it is, it may not be the 100% fix, but it is completely better than what we have now

Also, ahahahahahahahahaha at all the elitis crying that they wont stomp ppl just because they have better gear, now they actually may have to use a bit of skill hahahaha. Like the guy above me for example XD
    PvP will finally take some skill again, Man I picked a excellent time to try PvP again. Let the fun begin !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imbashiethz View Post
    The thing is, all the time since the introduction of Elite gear, there was this '2.2k' thing going on. 'Need 2.2k to join, need 2.2k this, 2.2k that' as the Great Barrier between skilled PvPers and unskilled PvPers. Players who did PvP fulltime but aren't in for competitive arena to the point where you reach high ranking, didn't get anything for their commitment to the Pvp side of WoW. I myself am not a fan of arena nor will I ever be. And I end up being stuck on CP.

Now they solved this problem, by rewarding those people with the ability to get by gear much easier, and while pushing them to keep PvPing for the reward it brings: Elite gear, and at the same time you can keep spending those Conquest Points for the majority of the season.

Overall, this is a good strategy. It means I can do BGs the entire season and still be rewarded like the good old days when you just played PvP for the sake of PvP and ultimately got a nice set of gear out of it. The only ones that are going to be hurt by this is those special snowflakes who go 2.2k for the gear and sit there for the rest of the season. That doesn't make you a PvPer, it makes you somebody who wants to be some special f'in guy who wants to be noticed.

15+ Year Old Account
    PvP should be about the actual battles vs. other players. Not the different kind of things you can get, that being the main factor is stupid. PvP should have always been a side game. Something you do purely out of enjoyment, and some cosmetic rewards in there for those extra dedicated. PvE has a gear progression system because it makes sense and is a different game altogether.
    I dont care if noobs can get t2. But it is kinda lame that there is nothing cosmetic for those 2200, 2400+ whatever players. Nothing extra to spend points on. There is no damage advantage in looking different, its just cool. Whats the problem in letting that stay? Absolutely retarded.

Point is if the player is terrible you'll still beat them... or is it the fact that the gear advantage you get from being "pro" and pvp focused is removed so if they ARE skilled they'll be able to beat you as your advantage is removed?
    Point is there's been a loooong time of pvpers above a certain rating using that rating as a "I'm awesome, your shit" now if you have a high rating you've continued to work for it and are skilled not just no-life pvp'd at the start of the season and creamed perfect gear to keep you there.

It's not perfect but it's a hell of a lot better than the previous setup. If PVP is about skill rather than "learning to beat a computer" then surely having folks get an equal shot at gear if worked for is going to better the nature of PVP not diminish it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been playing since Vanilla Beta and all I've ever done in this game is PvP. From what I've read so far, these are very well thought out changes. I especially like the mid season catch up they're going to implement in 5.3, makes playing alts way easier WOOOOO!!

10+ Year Old Account
    You are wrong and i'm not stuck in the 1500 bracket. So quit complaining. :3
    This is a huge step towards equaling gear, preventing win trading and helping people catch up that join mid-season.

As someone who just started the season 5 weeks ago (currently), it's been a pain in the butt to catch up.
    Bawkasaur - Feral PvE | Bawk - Feral PvE - Youtube - Twitter - Website - Twitch

Deleted
    Incredible PvP change, I might even play more of it. Couldn't be arsed to cap points each week, so I guess now you can slack some weeks and catch up with ease? However, they should have kept the idea of cosmetic gear for those who are high rated, just like we have now. Otherwise, it's indeed makes PvP quite pointless to do. People always want to show off :}

very welcoming change.