Purchasing New Laptop, Need Advice

I'm looking to purchase a new laptop. I'm planning to use it for WoW mostly, but also to play other games that happen to catch my attention (Dead Space series, Diablo 3, Metro 2033, etc.).

Current Specs:
    15.6" 1336x768
    i5-2410M
    HD Graphics 3000 (/vomit)
    6GB RAM
    500GB 5400RPM HDD

The laptop I'm using right now is okay for WoW at Low to Fair-ish settings, and not surprisingly, pretty awful for pretty much everything else.
    My budget for a new laptop is around $1000, give or take a hundred or two. What I'm hoping for is something that can at least handle 10-man raids at Ultra, and the ability to play other games without having the drop the settings so low it looks like I'm running a Playstation 2 emulator.

Now I've been looking for the past couple days, and I keep coming back to this build for ~$1050 :
    17.3" 1920x1080 Matte
    i7-3630QM
    GT 650M
    8GB RAM
    1TB 5400RPM HDD

I know this laptop would be miles ahead of what I currently have, but would it be enough to do what I'm asking for? Could I find something with a 660M or 670M for not too much more? Would it be worth it?

I'm pretty much set on having the 17.3" screen and i7, but I'm open to other suggestions.

as long as it doesnt have asus anywhere on it you're headed in the right direction

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by undethknight View Post
    as long as it doesnt have asus anywhere on it you're headed in the right direction
    You misspelled Acer
    Asus might be bad as well (though I haven't heard horror stories about it yet), but Acers are abysmal. Material quality and such.

I'm not sure if the 650M is powerful enough to run WoW on ultra at 1920x1080.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Deleted
    If you can stretch and extra 200 bucks, there's this MSI from Newegg at $1200. It comes with 8GB 1600 memory and a GTX660M over your linked Acer. However, you lose 250GB form the HDD.

That 650M isn't that powerful of a card for what you want from it.

Why do you want to game on a laptop?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combat View Post
    That 650M isn't that powerful of a card for what you want from it.

Why do you want to game on a laptop?
    id assume he goes around a lot (me myself i travel every week / weekend so i have to have a laptop) so yeah that

never heard of anyone having a problem with acer that ive spoken too. on the other hand ive never heard of anyone being happy with their asus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by undethknight View Post
    never heard of anyone having a problem with acer that ive spoken too. on the other hand ive never heard of anyone being happy with their asus.
    as I said, I have no own experience with Asus laptops, and the stuff I hear and see about Acer ones is really bad.
    3 individual people reporting broken hinges --> screens after <~2 years and no heavy mobile use.
    Another reporting about ventilation failure and overheating with a device that has been in heavy (time-wise, not load-wise) but careful use for not even 3 months. With cooling pad.
    And many many keyboard failures, this seems to be the breaking point IF your device makes it to last 3 years.

On the other hand, I had a Fujitsu (consumer line) that worked for 6 years, and am since then very content with the Lenovo products I used (although these were ThinkPads (L and Edge S), so semi-professional).