Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It's very generic. The charm that was found in Dead Space 1, and to some extent Dead Space 2 is just completely gone now. I won't be buying it. I'm not saying it's a bad game, and I'm sure people who like shooters will enjoy it, but I just don't see the point in dropping 60 dollars on something that doesn't bring anything special or new to the table.

10+ Year Old Account
    Call of Resident evil space 6... err... 3 yep.

Deleted
    It just wasn't a horror game anymore at all. It was a FPS. Even the zombies or whatever they're called got guns now. And to be honest I found it boring and sad. One thing that made Dead Space good was being a horror setting, moving around small corridors with nobody to help you and then when you least expect it or when you most expect it, monsters. Now it just was a bunch of open areas, predictable appearance of monsters all the time and keeping you in an area until you kill all monsters as a means to make the game artificially longer.

Lets wait for the actual release to judge whether the game is scary or not, I have a feeling they've got a whole lot more coming than just the events in that demo

I guess the real ''scary'' thing is when a necromorph performs a trophy kill on you. I hope they bring back those small events where you witness people getting slaughtered by the necromorph's, while you can't help them.

Deleted
    It was awesome!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    It's not the familiarity that's the issue. it's the delivery. Necros out of vents over and over gets really boring and is very obvious. Switch it up and make it scary, not startling or repetitive.
    Have to agree with that if you always know when they are gonna come out, it's not scary. make them jump out of completetly random locations. it would be nice to have them drop down from the ceiling when you expect them to come right in front of you, and pin you to the floor forcing you to shoot their limbs or have them appear right behind you when everything goes dark

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duranox View Post
    Have to agree with that if you always know when they are gonna come out, it's not scary. make them jump out of completetly random locations. it would be nice to have them drop down from the ceiling when you expect them to come right in front of you, and pin you to the floor forcing you to shoot their limbs or have them appear right behind you when everything goes dark
    This! Also hearing something that is watching and chasing you for a good 10-15 minutes keeps you tense until it finally shows it face (that happened quite a few times in DS1 i believe and I loved it!) And let's not forget the sounds of hearing necromorphs running in the vents right above you in the game, I lost count on how many times I would hear something bust out of a vent or wall in the background and thought something was about to eat my face off but nothing really ever happened, it made the jump scenes in the game all the more terrifying.
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

Deleted
    I still found it played on my nerves, and whilst i haven't played the first 2 (watched jesse cox play though of the first) i get what people mean by the fear thing.

I think the game in general will be more scary and they wanted to show a level that didn't give all the scares away.

I liked the demo, think i will buy the second game now.

Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    Penny Arcade Comic
    Well, unitologists ARE brainwashed, so it is to be expected. At least we finaly get to kill some.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Well, unitologists ARE brainwashed, so it is to be expected. At least we finaly get to kill some.
    Is it wrong I think of them as Scientologist <.<?

Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    I thought it was obvious from the start. The whole "donating to learn more about religion" being biggest hint.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I thought it was obvious from the start. The whole "donating to learn more about religion" being biggest hint.
    LOL!!! Soon as I heard the word Unitology in the game I instantly thought of Scientology, I immediately yelled "OH NO THEY DIH-INT!!"
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

They're good games, I haven't seen any real drop in quality looking at the third demo, but I just have trouble stomaching their insane obsession with murdering you in creative ways. Every possible death has some sort of graphical gorey cutscene to throw in your face to make you feel bad over it.

Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    They prefer to be called scientalienecromorphologists
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    They're good games, I haven't seen any real drop in quality looking at the third demo, but I just have trouble stomaching their insane obsession with murdering you in creative ways. Every possible death has some sort of graphical gorey cutscene to throw in your face to make you feel bad over it.
    Thats what I love about the Dead Space games, the gory death scenes from the necromorphs and other devices :P

Hopefully DS3 has some great death scenes aswell

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Thats what I love about the Dead Space games, the gory death scenes from the necromorphs and other devices :P

Hopefully DS3 has some great death scenes aswell
    Ubermorph or the pre-ubermorph in DS 1 death scenes we're possibly one of the funniest / f'ed up ones haha

( Ubermorph thing just chases you in the end in DS 2 )
    ( Pre-ubermorph thing chased you in DS 1 )

Anyway I don't like the new bench system =/

So I just tried demo and WHAT THE HELL! How can you actualy aim with those bullshit analog sticks. It really reminded me why dont I own a console...

Deleted
    I played through Dead Space just at the end of last year and I'm shocked how terrible Dead Space 3 looks. No horror at all, way too much action. It feels more like casual-console games ala Uncharted then a atmospheric horror/survival-game.

Deleted
    EA is just giving more and more reasons not to buy that damn game. Microtransactions in a single player game? Realy?
    http://www.shacknews.com/article/774...rotransactions

Quote Originally Posted by Vathdar View Post
    EA is just giving more and more reasons not to buy that damn game. Microtransactions in a single player game? Realy?
    http://www.shacknews.com/article/774...rotransactions
    Mass Effect 3 and Assassins Creed 3 both had a microtransaction shop for multiplayer. Microtransactions are working their way into more traditionally monetized games the same way DLC worked its way in, at least in games coming from major publishers. It's another monetization tool to exploit as it becomes more and more familiar to players (it's in mobile games which are quite pervasive, and it's in MMO's which are still mostly exclusive to PC).