Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    Stewart was funny at first on the Daily show and even the Jon Stewart show. But at a certain point someone made a decision to be leftwing centered 90% of the time and only take kid gloves half jabs at the left. Obama in particular has been handled like he's a saint, when he's actually created the most amount of debt we have to pay back in the history of the USA. (blame bush for 10 years being these shows mantra).

What is truly funny about the Daily Show and Cobbert report is that they take a argument one side makes (usually Republicans because it is easier and allot more) and just show how big of a BS it is.

Regard guns for example

You got republicans saying ''we have the ATF to do X'' but at the same time the same Republican goes out of his way to cripple the ATF.

What Colbert does is different. He says the same thing Republicans say but without the meaningless BS (he removes the sugar coating).

And you know what, if Democrats start to say half the crazy shit Republicans say (or do) on a weekly basis then would have a point.

Democrats have a bigger lunatic fringe than the republicans.

Just look at things Barbara Boxer says nearly any particular day.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    Democrats have a bigger lunatic fringe than the republicans.

Just look at things Barbara Boxer says nearly any particular day.
    Republicanism cant be more lunatic than democrats, simply for what they stand for. Their whole ideology is OLD, like 1900s old. They do not like social care, they do not like immigrants, they love weapons. That itself is insane and inhumane, there are 1000 of other points I could name, but since discussing with rightwing'ed people never works, I usually just leave them in their fantasy world.

Received infraction.

~Badpaladin
    Last edited by Badpaladin; 2013-01-18 at 05:42 PM.
    Pawzz, ArenaJunkies

Stood in the Fire SaltLakeAtrocity's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    even though Jon has a bias, he does actually criticize the democrats on a regular basis.
    false dichotomy. you assume that a bias automatically means democrat or republican. while he may lean closer to one way, having individual views can cause one to occasionally deviate from the flock of sheep.
    -- We'll Dance As The Palaces Burn --

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    See when it comes to news, always go for news channels that arent based in your country.
    This aswell, less likely to be bought by politians.
    Pawzz, ArenaJunkies

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    If a human being is reporting it, it is bias in one way or another. However if you shop around and read your news you can get a fairly clear view of whats going on in the world.

If you just turn on the TV one zone out to news you are being programmed to believe what they say.

As for the two news comedians, they are biased towards humor, which in today's generation looks like being left. Trust me they are most definitely centrists.

15+ Year Old Account
    It is a pretty sad state. You can watch their programs and immediately tell where the comedy is. The spin is the news on other channels, not the news. Plus just look at the subjects they cover. Has anyone in the news industry, literally anyone, taken Citizens United and broken it down to make people understand exactly how fucking ridiculous it is than Colbert has? He ran an illustrated example of the PAC system throughout the entire election cycle, had his personal lawyer on there explaining exactly how the loopholes work, and showed exactly the dirty tricks politicians and PAC heads use to make the money disappear. I don't remember a single other news entity going into near that level of depth about how corrupt campaign finance laws were.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Fox are comedians too... Just not intentionally...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Fox are comedians too... Just not intentionally...
    Rupert Murdoch probably agreed when he had it licensed as entertainment instead of news.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pawsz View Post
    Republicanism cant be more lunatic than democrats, simply for what they stand for. Their whole ideology is OLD, like 1900s old. They do not like social care, they do not like immigrants, they love weapons. That itself is insane and inhumane, there are 1000 of other points I could name, but since discussing with rightwing'ed people never works, I usually just leave them in their fantasy world.
    Republicans are stupid, backward and crazy because I say so.

How do people get away with this tripe?
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    How do people get away with this tripe?
    They don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    They don't.
    Oh. Well... how about that John Oliver?
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    Oh. Well... how about that John Oliver?
    John Oliver is a goddamn saint.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love both Jon & Stephen to death, including their shows, but the reality is that if our politics weren't so brain dead
    and riddled with stupidity, their shows would not exist. Luckily (I guess?) for us, that is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    John Oliver is a goddamn saint.
    Agreed, his bits are always great. See the one about investigative journalism at CNN? was depressing and hilarious at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    John Oliver, Asif Mandvi, and Wyatt Cenac are great. I'm a bit sad Wyatt left.

I could take or leave the rest of the team.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    John Oliver, Asif Mandvi, and Wyatt Cenac are great. I'm a bit sad Wyatt left.

I could take or leave the rest of the team.
    The only one I don't like at all is Jessica Williams. And Olivia Munn was hot, but her bits sucked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Who cares whoes the most trusted? Surely people haven't come to the point where they cant filter bullshit from real news?

Also, love me some Jon Stewart, atleast his show can spike interest inn the youth.
    Actually most Americans believe the BS these days.

15+ Year Old Account
    You only need to look a couple of pages back to see a perfect example of someone who swallows propaganda hook, line and sinker. Trusted and quality news sources are important, and becoming a rarity within the US.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foosha View Post

YOU SECURE THAT SHIT HUDSON!

BBC is still biased tho
    I was JUST having this discussion with my fiance. I figure it's harder for some of us to find out how BBC leans though. Sometimes it's easy, but other times... eh, I get lost in their politics at times.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven