Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    If you're so good at the game, why does it matter to you that everyone has the same gear as you? You're the pro after all and should easily be able to take down any scrub, no matter what they're wearing.

Unless you're not as pro as you think you are, and your only advantage is in the gear.
    sir you fail to understand ... i dont care about gear or skill ... if you have it or you dont its your own thing

its just sad seeing gear which was a reward for achieving something now become farmable

how would pvers like it if all you had to do was do dailys every day of the week and get rewarded all bis pve raid gear ? it would remove the challenge from raiding would it not?

so now any joe can play arena every week for his cap and close to the end of the season or at 27k conquest get the best pvp gear you can get as a reward for what ...? cuz he played alot so entitles him to free better gear?

The gear isn't the point of PvP. Lol. It is your rating and competition with others. ^ The above post is a good example of someone who has it backwards.

Gladiators already have their end of season rewards, they don't need gear as a reward also.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Good change in general, but I think Blizzard really needs to give tangible rewards as well for the better players, even if it's gear that's just like 3 iLvls higher or something.

I'm saying this as a person who has never touched 2.2K, and probably never will.

True skill does not come from gear. You don't see games like Starcraft giving people any kind of gear or level advantage. Infact even the arena tournament realms give everyone equal gear. It comes down to how good you are as a player.

If Arena was ever to become truely competitive everyone would always have the same gear and stats. So you have it totally backwords.

If you want to do something where gear matters try raiding Pve.

Good change. Certain people are butthurt that their shinies aren't unique anymore. I see no issue with that. What this change does is give incentive to new and more importantly more players to PvP and helps destroy boosting companies. All in all a sound decision.

Gladiators already have their end of season rewards, they don't need gear as a reward also.
    But these aren't real Gladiators that are complaining. It's the barely 2200 crowd that can only achieve elite gear and that's their crowning achievement in the game, so now they are hissing at everyone because they don't get to -feel special-. Seriously, feeling special. Just reading that makes me laugh hard.

The top PvPers I've spoken to and seen on AJ are loving the change because they don't care about gear and only see this as a positive change, as it is.
    Last edited by JhanZ; 2013-01-18 at 07:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by discoepfeand View Post
    Good change in general, but I think Blizzard really needs to give tangible rewards as well for the better players, even if it's gear that's just like 3 iLvls higher or something.

I'm saying this as a person who has never touched 2.2K, and probably never will.
    They do; titles and mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Divineknight13 View Post
    so your telling me i should be happy with the change that i will be rewarded free t2 gear cuz i play arena all season
    It makes PvP more competitive and skill-based. As a competitor, you should desire that. The large majority of the Gladiators posting on aj have reacted positively to this change.

yes its a great change for casual players but whats the point of actually working for rating now when most people will just chill around 2k and not even bother for rating till the last 3 weeks when its crunch time for titles ?
    For me, T2 was only a means towards evening out a playing field, so that I would be able to push into higher ratings for titles. Hopefully, Blizzard will add rating-based rewards that do not affect armor/weapon stats (although I personally do not really care about cosmetics -- only titles). These changes make it much easier to gear your alt, and makes everything more even-leveled -- factors that probably will increase arena participation. If I were a 2k player, I'd be busting my ass trying to improve my game/team so that I could get into duelist/gladiator range. Gladiators who'd chill around 2k would be chilling around 2k until the end of the season regardless of these changes, or even less next season given this rating inflation idea.

It's funny, these people say there's no incentive to PvP anymore since the 2200 gear has been removed. Then why do I see so many people PvPing and competing at high rating AFTER they've already attained their elite gear? Shouldn't the incentive then go away?

People see through your crap.

If you're a good player, you shouldn't need a gear advantage over your opponents to stay good. It's a great change, get over it.

But these aren't real Gladiators that are complaining. It's the barely 2200 crowd that can only achieve elite gear and that's their crowning achievement in the game, so now they are hissing at everyone because they don't get to -feel special-.
    Pretty much this. The top players don't care about this change at all. Only the people who want to feel "cool" because they can barely get 2200 are complaining. They would probably also QQ if the weapons were raised to a 2500 rating because it would be too hard for them.

Deleted
    I do not understand how anyone could dislike this change. With the upgrade system (although being removed) in a full set of honor gear, with your weapon, if you face someone in full 2/2 conquest, the stat difference is absurd. You can lose, no matter how good you are to this difference.

2.2K was the requirement set in Cataclysm for weapons. In WOTLK you obtained weapons at 1750. Weapons are a huge increase to all classes, you should not be rewarded at 2.2k with an advantage like this.

2.2K should reward a Tabard (such as the wotlk ones) a Non-Combat Pet, the Elite colour set, and maybe other transmog / cosmetic items.

Top PVPers have already welcomed this change, because they want an even playing field. They wish to play alts. With this, the ladder may also be more active, therefore getting Gladiator may even mean something again.

WoW, OP. Did you fail Math 101 or something? At 27,000 Conquest required, it would take a team of PvP GODS nine weeks to cap and start earning Elite gear. People who take their 1650 and go home might be able to earn a pair of bracers before the next season starts...
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

I like these changes, though we'll have to wait and see how it actually plays out.

The reward for high ratings should be vanity items (like elite gear was just a different color but same stats), something they said they will add more of several times. I just hope they come around to do it, because that is actually a good idea. Much better than rewarding better weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    WoW, OP. Did you fail Math 101 or something? At 27,000 Conquest required, it would take a team of PvP GODS nine weeks to cap and start earning Elite gear. People who take their 1650 and go home might be able to earn a pair of bracers before the next season starts...
    They are increasing the team rating if you are active so you'll be able to get much more than 1650 as long as you play, over time. It's a good change as well.

2.2K should reward a Tabard (such as the wotlk ones) a Non-Combat Pet, the Elite colour set, and maybe other transmog / cosmetic items.
    lmao

"Mommy I want this and this and this and this!"

I have seen so many posts in this thread...
    This is unfair/retarded wont be challenging?
    Uhm unfair is what it is atm with all the rich kiddies getting boosted to elitism in one week of RBG boost.
    Retarded? No... will bring more balance with equal gear.

And this NOT CHALLENGING ANYMORE?!?!! Are u kiddiiiiiiing me`?!
    Explain to me how it wont be challenging when everyone has the same gear? Oh challenging in the way that u cant 1hit scrubs with 100k less hp?
    is this the challenge u peoples miss? how can i 1hit that scrub in the best way? hmm fireball? frostbolt? naaah il go for FrostBomB woop woop.

Yes this will be more challenging, actually it will be more challenging by 500%

I suck at english, so grammar police GTFO

Something is unacurate for this thread since i copied from wow forum but yeah u get the point...

PvP IS and always has been FARMING.

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    At 2.2k CP a week (1.8k base cap + 1 RBG win), it'd take about 13 weeks for people that don't play competitively. That's about 4 weeks where you have gear disparity (wowhead shows increased stats for only Elite weapons, not armor), as opposed to months of gear disparity in past seasons.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was waiting for this. All the people that do not want to fight if they don't have better gear starts to panic.

I applause Blizzard for this change. PvP should be skill, not gear

Quote Originally Posted by Divineknight13 View Post
    sir you fail to understand ... i dont care about gear or skill ... if you have it or you dont its your own thing

its just sad seeing gear which was a reward for achieving something now become farmable

how would pvers like it if all you had to do was do dailys every day of the week and get rewarded all bis pve raid gear ? it would remove the challenge from raiding would it not?

so now any joe can play arena every week for his cap and close to the end of the season or at 27k conquest get the best pvp gear you can get as a reward for what ...? cuz he played alot so entitles him to free better gear?
    Unlike in PVE, I don't do PVP for gear. It's nice to have, but I'd rather outskill some noob in equal gear than just hammer them to the ground because they haven't got the gear yet. This new change helps a lot in that regard.

This is a great moveby blizzard imo.

It lets there be an even playing field and prevents players hitting a 'rating wall' due to vsing more higher geared opponents as they enter a new bracket.

Good players will simply get the gear faster. Thats good enough reward