Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Quote Blizzard: PvP Power, and Resilience on the new set of PvP items so that the difference between Malevolent and Elite Tyrannical Gladiator’s gear is similar to the relationship between this season’s Dreadful and Malevolent Gladiator’s gear
    The new gear sure, not the current once, that's besides the point, people complaining want recolors, not gear advantages.
    I don't care eighter way, but the arguement annoys me none the less.

whats so bad about it?
    in my opinion its a great change...

if everyone has the same equipment only SKILL counts - that's how it's supposed to be!
    only people who are BAD at pvp need better equipment than the rest to be ahead of them!

10+ Year Old Account
    All I see is people whining that others will be getting the gear a little easier. So they can't steamroll them as often and they will actually have to try now. If you pvp just for the gear, then youll have it easier and can stop faster... but if you want the title and other perks of being top in pvp, you will actually have to try a bit harder.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post
    All I see is people whining that others will be getting the gear a little easier. So they can't steamroll them as often and they will actually have to try now.
    +1

These changes are beyond amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeljo View Post
    While it may sound weird i believe that the BEST pvpers (even when they are clearly more skilled than others) DESERVE better gear so they could show it off/crush randoms in bgs/world pvp even easier.
    Internet forums are not the best medium to use irony in without marking it as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    If you are so skilled you can beat them with the same gear. True pvp games have no gear or gear scaled to the same levels.
    This pretty much sums up my opinion. Why indeed, should they not be able to face you on the same terms in gear so it can truly be skill that decides the match if they've invested the time to earn the same gear? Were you really crutching on that ilvl gap that badly? Having to compete against people in higher gear just to try to earn gear to level the playing field never did make sense to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highmoon7 View Post
    TBH I wouldn't care if blizzard gave every player a full set of pvp gear just for queing 1 arena match. I don't care about how many bg's you have been in or how high you have pushed your cap this season. All I want to know is if you can out play me, right now with no advantages or disadvantages.

As one of thoes "hit 2200 in second week and rode high cap" players, I would welcome more competition and activity. Lately whenever I crush someone in a random bg or in arena, I think "that guy must be trying to get into pvp and I killed him in 1 cc." I feel bad because I know I'm discouraging him from playing and only make it harder for him to compete.

It reminds me of the first time I tried bgs at lvl 27 and got killed my lvl 29 twinks. Not knowing what twinks were, I thought I sucked and almost gave up on pvp.
    This ^

The current model is like the OLD BG system (when it was every 10 levels), do you remember what it was like attempting to hit a level 57-59 player when you were level 50? getting crushed in a single GCD, that shit was heartbreaking until you become max level in that tier and then its no fun because you 1 shot folks.

This is a very very good change, i hope the next will include a form of rating decay so players cant win 20 matchs and sit on glad for the rest of the season.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

I literally can't find a fault with this idea. People that do PvP just for gear get it easier and have access to more faster. People that PvP because they enjoy to PvP have it more balanced than ever. Margins are removed and they can actually focus on balancing all classes to flat levels. Now that gear is no longer an issue, actual skill and class imbalance becomes much more obvious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    WoW, OP. Did you fail Math 101 or something? At 27,000 Conquest required, it would take a team of PvP GODS nine weeks to cap and start earning Elite gear. People who take their 1650 and go home might be able to earn a pair of bracers before the next season starts...
    With my current cap of 3.8k I'd reach that cap in the middle week 8... granted that you start with a 2.2k cap in week 1.
    How exactly is someone that just caps every week going to keep up with that? By the time they have reached that cap, 5.3 is released and top players will just upgrade their gear to stay far ahead of you.

27k conquest points are a lot, people don't seem to realize that. It will only delay wintraders and very skilled players a little to get their tier 2 weapon, while average joe won't reach that cap in months.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by the0o View Post

This is a very very good change, i hope the next will include a form of rating decay so players cant win 20 matchs and sit on glad for the rest of the season.
    I could be wrong and can't check now but I thought I saw something about rating decay there already?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hirv3s View Post
    Elite Tyrannical Gladiator’s gear can only be purchased with Conquest Points after 27,000 Conquest Points have been earned for the season.

Why is the advantage of being skilled removed? Why does Blizzard make rated arenas & BGs another place to die to boredom... everybody will hit the CP required for elite-gear at the same time, removing the whole idea of it.

I don't understand, if you go and start PVP in the middle/end of the season, why is it a hypothesis that you should be able to get to the top? I just started to play PVP a month ago, no problem and easily to +2.2k rating.

Eventually, the whole game will consist of endless farming and all the skill-based requirements being removed.
    You're worried that people will have the same gear as you in PvP? Yeah it'd be terrible if things where balanced like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    27k conquest points are a lot, people don't seem to realize that. It will only delay wintraders and very skilled players a little to get their tier 2 weapon, while average joe won't reach that cap in months.
    It is, but this new system is still leaps and bounds better than the old where wintraders got their T2 week 2 and those starting late most likely never.

Deleted
    Cheer up, you'll have loads of mid level raiders who otherwise wouldn't pvp to slaughter as they try and get the weekly cap in search of weaponry.

Its all gone a bit TBC, hasn't it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    Cheer up, you'll have loads of mid level raiders who otherwise wouldn't pvp to slaughter as they try and get the weekly cap in search of weaponry.

Its all gone a bit TBC, hasn't it?
    It really hasn't. 3+ months for a raider to get a PvP weapon doesn't have any advantage PvE wise at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hirv3s View Post
    Why is the advantage of being skilled removed?
    Because it is a subscription-based game, and Blizzard doesn't want its subscribers to play another game; they want you to grind WoW instead. They don't want to spend more money in more content so that's why you need to grind more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    It really hasn't. 3+ months for a raider to get a PvP weapon doesn't have any advantage PvE wise at all.
    For mid level raiders, yes, yes it does. A conquest weapon that's equivalent to a raid level mid level raiders will never see is an upgrade, you see. Not only that but it's a farmable, earnable upgrade that's definitely coming. Speaking as someone who went all the way to BT without seeing an upgrade to talon of azhara until wrath due to utterly shit RNG............

Add in second string raiders who want an upgrade to the LFR weaponry and yu've got yourself a lot of disinterested pvp scrubs to farm.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    If you are so skilled you can beat them with the same gear. True pvp games have no gear or gear scaled to the same levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serissa View Post
    Because skill becomes > gear when everyone geared equally. I thought every pvper qq'ed that skill should be > gear. No?
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Anyone QQing about this isn't nearly as skilled as they like to think they are in pvp.

If you're good, you'll continue to win when the gear is closer to equal. If you need better gear to win, you're not that skilled. End of story.
    ^ This, this, and this. Even with T2 the baddies still won't get 2k+ because they lack the skill for it. Just because everyone will be on the same playing field doesn't make them suddenly better than the so-called "Elite Players". Don't get your elitist undies in a knot, you'll still be able to get your 2.3k+, it's just now you have to show that you actually earned it through skill.

Lets see:

Player A = 2.2k rating full pvp geared.

Player B = 0 rating, interested in pvping (either weapon incentives or learning how to pvp), full pve geared(or crafted set if u'd prefer).

if player A is worried/scared/concerned of player B halfway thru the season then he/she could find a good psicologist to treat paranoia....

its hard for me to understand how a "serious" pvp player could feel threatened by the chance of facing equally geared opponents....

Deleted
    The system was fine, it's not like anyone really cares about arena or competition post-WOTLK, there simply aren't enough 'new players' that want to start playing arena in the first place; and "skill" has nothing to do with MoP, it's simply not the direction they went when designing the game.

Deleted
    Deleted a bunch of posts for the sake of keeping everything civil and all.

Anyway, I don't see how this could ever be perceived as a bad change - it lowers the skill barrier a little bit with the whole tier 2 weapons business and other than that the only thing that separates the "normal" gear from the elite are the looks of it, which most players don't even care for these days seeing as pretty much everyone I see has transmogs anyway. As said, better players will be higher rated and get a higher cap every week, thus meaning they get their gear faster regardless. If anything this makes it so that the "best" players are rewarded for it even more so than now, since 2.2 hasn't been hard to get in a very long time.

I fail to see the problem.