Page 1 of 16
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Dreadlord Gouca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    756

    Blizzard removing competition, making rated-PVP another example of farming

    Elite Tyrannical Gladiator’s gear can only be purchased with Conquest Points after 27,000 Conquest Points have been earned for the season.

    Why is the advantage of being skilled removed? Why does Blizzard make rated arenas & BGs another place to die to boredom... everybody will hit the CP required for elite-gear at the same time, removing the whole idea of it.

    I don't understand, if you go and start PVP in the middle/end of the season, why is it a hypothesis that you should be able to get to the top? I just started to play PVP a month ago, no problem and easily to +2.2k rating.

    Eventually, the whole game will consist of endless farming and all the skill-based requirements being removed.

  2. #2
    Yea...saw that and was like "WTF?!"

    You don't support competitive play by forcing players to farm even more. I don't understand how they're going to fix people being left behind if they start in the middle of the season with this change. The first paragraph on that post contradicts the rest of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  3. #3
    Immortal Chickat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    7,394
    If you are so skilled you can beat them with the same gear. True pvp games have no gear or gear scaled to the same levels.
    Send me a PM and suggest a forum avatar based on my title, Immortal.

  4. #4
    Immortal KrazyK923's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    7,299
    Look at it another way though. I know its unfair, and frankly I don't even PvP so I couldn't care less, but shouldn't people who have been playing since the beginning of the expac have a bit of a head start?

    There's probably a mid way that would fix this, though.

  5. #5
    Because skill becomes > gear when everyone geared equally. I thought every pvper qq'ed that skill should be > gear. No?
    Why you think the Net was born? Porn! Porn! Porn!

  6. #6
    Bloodsail Admiral Bladeface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Alaska. Cold as shit.
    Posts
    1,144
    how at the same time? when you have a higher rating you get more points per week so you WILL get there faster...
    My armory: Sheogorath
    My channel: Shirgadirth I do gameplay/commentary. Two of my videos have over 12k views now
    Elder Scrolls Online Dungeon Walkthrough!
    My most viewed video!
    My second most viewed video!

  7. #7
    HEY GUIS I CAN HAZ EPIXX PVP GEARS LIKE RECKFULS IF I PLAY EVERYWEEK FOR MAH CONQUEST CAP !!!

    ^ sad that arena is just going to turn into farmville dailys like the rest of wow ... rewarding players for just playing all week in the season is like saying hey here are dailys you can farm ... the more u do dailys the more free lootz u get

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Divineknight13 View Post
    HEY GUIS I CAN HAZ EPIXX PVP GEARS LIKE RECKFULS IF I PLAY EVERYWEEK FOR MAH CONQUEST CAP !!!

    ^ sad that arena is just going to turn into farmville dailys like the rest of wow ... rewarding players for just playing all week in the season is like saying hey here are dailys you can farm ... the more u do dailys the more free lootz u get
    Yeah, it's terrible. You actually have to play to game to play the game. How could they.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayhos View Post
    every video game has gamey aspects to it

  9. #9
    Anyone QQing about this isn't nearly as skilled as they like to think they are in pvp.

    If you're good, you'll continue to win when the gear is closer to equal. If you need better gear to win, you're not that skilled. End of story.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Look at it another way though. I know its unfair, and frankly I don't even PvP so I couldn't care less, but shouldn't people who have been playing since the beginning of the expac have a bit of a head start?

    There's probably a mid way that would fix this, though.
    And they do. It's not like ppl starting in the mid getting full geared in a week. An example:
    Player starts playing when 10 weeks has gone into the season. He has a cap of 10k. However someone who has played from the start has a cap of 18k which is almost twice the amount of the new player so the new player will be behind gear but not so much that it's stupid to even play.

    OP just because you can go 2.2k in blues doesn't mean anyone can. Congratulations to you, you're skilled. Not everyone is though and some mid class people will really suffer from being very highly behind in gear. 1700 rated players cannot reach their rating of 1700 because there's ppl in T2 facing them while they started later into the season which is ridiculous.

    The skill factor isn't going anywhere. Actually it's increasing. You will steamroll bads with your gear best. You will have to outplay everyone which sounds like a skillful game to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Divineknight13 View Post
    HEY GUIS I CAN HAZ EPIXX PVP GEARS LIKE RECKFULS IF I PLAY EVERYWEEK FOR MAH CONQUEST CAP !!!

    ^ sad that arena is just going to turn into farmville dailys like the rest of wow ... rewarding players for just playing all week in the season is like saying hey here are dailys you can farm ... the more u do dailys the more free lootz u get
    And how is the system now? Oh it requires you to play every week so what's your point?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Serissa View Post
    Because skill becomes > gear when everyone geared equally. I thought every pvper qq'ed that skill should be > gear. No?
    Literally none of the shit that blue post was full of addresses the gear disparity problem. Why? Because joining in the middle of the season still means you're shit out of luck. Hell, it'll be worse in 5.2 than it was in 5.0 and let's not even talk about 5.3.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  12. #12
    Merely playing until you reach cap every week will not mean that everyone gets the gear at the same time. Your cap can still rise depending on your rating and you have to actually win more matches to maintain or gain a higher cap.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Literally none of the shit that blue post was full of addresses the gear disparity problem.
    Did you actually read the post?
    The catch-up system will definitely help. So will the fact that enough weeks into the season a lot more people will have elite gear and that way similar gear. Skill will be a more deciding factor in games than gear.

    A player starting mid season can according to the post buy a weapon with conq points right away, farm full malevolent set and get into action. The weapon is the biggest factor and the new player can get it the first week he dings so what's wrong?

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Hirv3s View Post
    Elite Tyrannical Gladiator’s gear can only be purchased with Conquest Points after 27,000 Conquest Points have been earned for the season.

    Why is the advantage of being skilled removed? Why does Blizzard make rated arenas & BGs another place to die to boredom... everybody will hit the CP required for elite-gear at the same time, removing the whole idea of it.

    I don't understand, if you go and start PVP in the middle/end of the season, why is it a hypothesis that you should be able to get to the top? I just started to play PVP a month ago, no problem and easily to +2.2k rating.

    Eventually, the whole game will consist of endless farming and all the skill-based requirements being removed.
    Proof you have no idea what you are talking about. Higher rated players will have a higher weekly cap so they will hit 27k months before the casuals(so no, everyone will not hit the cap at the same time). The advantage of skill was removed years ago and replaced with gear. It does not take much skill to hit gladiator nowadays.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Kukkaroinen View Post
    And they do. It's not like ppl starting in the mid getting full geared in a week. An example:
    Player starts playing when 10 weeks has gone into the season. He has a cap of 10k. However someone who has played from the start has a cap of 18k which is almost twice the amount of the new player so the new player will be behind gear but not so much that it's stupid to even play.

    OP just because you can go 2.2k in blues doesn't mean anyone can. Congratulations to you, you're skilled. Not everyone is though and some mid class people will really suffer from being very highly behind in gear. 1700 rated players cannot reach their rating of 1700 because there's ppl in T2 facing them while they started later into the season which is ridiculous.

    The skill factor isn't going anywhere. Actually it's increasing. You will steamroll bads with your gear best. You will have to outplay everyone which sounds like a skillful game to me.



    And how is the system now? Oh it requires you to play every week so what's your point?

    how is the system now ... you have to break 2.2k to actually get better gear .... just having to get 27k conquest points is a joke to unlock free t2 ... my bank alt rogue can now have free t2 for no reason cuz i can run points on him every week and cap him out rather then me having to try and get rating for gear

  16. #16
    You guys seriously lack reading comprehension. These are good changes that will make skill more of a factor in the next season.

  17. #17
    Dreadlord Darkrulerxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    901
    Quote Originally Posted by Mican17 View Post
    You guys seriously lack reading comprehension. These are good changes that will make skill more of a factor in the next season.
    ^^

    anyone who says that it isn't clearly doesn't understand that the gear gap and people sitting on their asses at 2200 rating in the beginning need to go.

    Myself as a 2200 rating welcome the competition as others have stated, it shouldn't be about the gear it's about skill and anyone who's complaining about this clearly does not have the latter.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Mican17 View Post
    You guys seriously lack reading comprehension. These are good changes that will make skill more of a factor in the next season.
    so your telling me i should be happy with the change that i will be rewarded free t2 gear cuz i play arena all season... rather then having to put a good comp together... building synergy with team mates ... learning how things are played and strats and learning not to make mistakes and capitalise on my opponents mistakes

    yes its a great change for casual players but whats the point of actually working for rating now when most people will just chill around 2k and not even bother for rating till the last 3 weeks when its crunch time for titles ?
    Last edited by Divineknight13; 2013-01-18 at 07:31 AM.

  19. #19
    Titan Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    11,149
    If you're so good at the game, why does it matter to you that everyone has the same gear as you? You're the pro after all and should easily be able to take down any scrub, no matter what they're wearing.

    Unless you're not as pro as you think you are, and your only advantage is in the gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

  20. #20
    Best Change ever! Equip souldn't be the main factor to win. Thumbs up!

    €: And yes i alrdy was Glad and had every Season i played t2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •