Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Divineknight13 View Post
    so your telling me i should be happy with the change that i will be rewarded free t2 gear cuz i play arena all season... rather then having to put a good comp together... building synergy with team mates ... learning how things are played and strats and learning not to make mistakes and capitalise on my opponents mistakes

yes its a great change for casual players but whats the point of actually working for rating now when most people will just chill around 2k and not even bother for rating till the last 3 weeks when its crunch time for titles ?
    How stupid are you? Have you EVER been past 1500 rating with a statement like that?

It will take you 13 weeks to do what a skilled arena player will reach in 5 weeks. That seems fair to me, since the goal is the rating, not the rating to get the gear.

This is a really good change, I shouldn't, but I think I will resub to test this out. I can both be a flag carrier and play as dps in 3v3, AND try out a different spec! (after a while tho). Only thing is that the elite weapons and armor become available at 27000 earned could perhaps be changed so that you can get the weapon in terms of power (even playing field), but leave the recolored gear as the carrot on the stick, maybe at 2k or 2k2.

That way no power difference but show-off level. OR maybe the tyrannical gear (in terms of looks, not power) could only be the elite gear? So you have the appearance of malevolent under 2k rating, but the same stats, but you can get the new gear look as a reward over 2k or someting. This way the people can show that they are of decent rating for all to see, just not stomp everyone because of stats. I personally do not care, I wish I could level up, have the same stats and own everyone, but that's just because I have so many things happening in my life that playing 13 weeks sounds really silly compared to the amount of things you can accomplish in real life in the same time period, but I guess if are good at managing everything in your life (which most young people playing games are NOT ) you would perhaps be able to play AND take care for moving your life forward at a good pace.

just my two cents, take care!

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    How stupid are you? Have you EVER been past 1500 rating with a statement like that?

It will take you 13 weeks to do what a skilled arena player will reach in 5 weeks. That seems fair to me, since the goal is the rating, not the rating to get the gear.
    But wait, man! They don't have any incentive to play arena anymore, now that the 2200 gear isn't special! Oh wait, I still see tons of elite geared PvPers playing arena games at competitive ratings well after they get their elite set.

Oops.

Quote Originally Posted by Hirv3s View Post
    Elite Tyrannical Gladiator’s gear can only be purchased with Conquest Points after 27,000 Conquest Points have been earned for the season.

Why is the advantage of being skilled removed? Why does Blizzard make rated arenas & BGs another place to die to boredom... everybody will hit the CP required for elite-gear at the same time, removing the whole idea of it.

I don't understand, if you go and start PVP in the middle/end of the season, why is it a hypothesis that you should be able to get to the top? I just started to play PVP a month ago, no problem and easily to +2.2k rating.

Eventually, the whole game will consist of endless farming and all the skill-based requirements being removed.
    This is obviously going to be a controversial change, but the current system has people who finally hit 2200 stop playing, which breaks the entire concept of a ladder. The absolute creme of the top sometimes decided to keep queueing, but most didn't. Which meant you weren't competing against an entire ladder full of players, you were just competing against the current run of people trying to get 2200.

The catchup system doesn't actually "give" you points, you still need to play and win every single one of them, it just means that you actually can catch up, or you can swap mains mid season. This encourages players to try more stuff which leads to more pvp against different people which is always more fun.

If anything, the pvp will be more skill based, because your position on the ladder won't be determined by how you did in the very first week of arena, and no one will ever have a real reason to "sit" on a rating if they are currently not capped for points.

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 08:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    But wait, man! They don't have any incentive to play arena anymore, now that the 2200 gear isn't special! Oh wait, I still see tons of elite geared PvPers playing arena games at competitive ratings well after they get their elite set.

Oops.
    You mean how most of them are carrying friends or getting paid to carry people to 2200? Bumping into such a player in the 1800-2100 range is loads of really fair fun.

Imo, these changes don't go far enough. I'd prefer a system like at the arena server. Equal gear for everyone, just competition. But it's pretty hard for the 2,2k RBG heroes to beat a non disadvantaged player. Equipped with full epic + T2 weapon aaaand backpaddeling at 1400 rating waiting for the blue equiped victims...

15+ Year Old Account
    I would like this if they give the higher rateds a reason to get higher, more mounts titles battle pets and etc. Gold or bags would also be cool.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Divineknight13
    HEY GUIS I CAN HAZ EPIXX PVP GEARS LIKE RECKFULS IF I PLAY EVERYWEEK FOR MAH CONQUEST CAP !!!

^ sad that arena is just going to turn into farmville dailys like the rest of wow ... rewarding players for just playing all week in the season is like saying hey here are dailys you can farm ... the more u do dailys the more free lootz u get
    Dumbass answer, the reward isnt the gear, the reward is winning and climbing in ranks while feeling you are making progress as a player.

Quote Originally Posted by Divineknight13 View Post
    how is the system now ... you have to break 2.2k to actually get better gear .... just having to get 27k conquest points is a joke to unlock free t2 ... my bank alt rogue can now have free t2 for no reason cuz i can run points on him every week and cap him out rather then me having to try and get rating for gear
    So basically your only concern when doing arenas is gear. All other things (such as skill) are totally irrelevant. Is that correct?
    But look at how soon we're all forgotten. The abyss of endless time that swallows it all. The emptiness of those applauding hands.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I would like this if they give the higher rateds a reason to get higher, more mounts titles battle pets and etc. Gold or bags would also be cool.
    The reason for higher rated players is to get a higher rating. The ladder shows you at #120? Improve to get into the top100. #23? Try to get into top10.
    You're at #2109 realmpool and an average pvper? Try to achieve #1 of your realm... There're so many ways to set competitive goals, but to achieve gear to roflstomp others without gear should not be a goal.
    But I agree with you concerning mounts or gold or whatever

Apparently it's not even about the high rated competition anymore. It's about getting as high as possible in order to get those sweet non combat pets, those mounts, that sweet shiny red gear! That awesome bling bling so people can look at you and say "Wow! Look at that guy" and then finally.... finally, you'll know you'll have worth!

PvP isn't even about fighting, come on, don't be a fool! It's about standing in Orgrimmar/Stormwind and letting all the peasants glance at the glorious, totally meaningful treasury you've accumulated. Then, they'll finally know you're a King among commoners.

/chest bump

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadde111 View Post
    Dumbass answer, the reward isnt the gear, the reward is winning and climbing in ranks while feeling you are making progress as a player.
    Nobody really cares about that and just wants the gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Hirv3s View Post
    Elite Tyrannical Gladiator’s gear can only be purchased with Conquest Points after 27,000 Conquest Points have been earned for the season.

Why is the advantage of being skilled removed? Why does Blizzard make rated arenas & BGs another place to die to boredom... everybody will hit the CP required for elite-gear at the same time, removing the whole idea of it.

I don't understand, if you go and start PVP in the middle/end of the season, why is it a hypothesis that you should be able to get to the top? I just started to play PVP a month ago, no problem and easily to +2.2k rating.

Eventually, the whole game will consist of endless farming and all the skill-based requirements being removed.
    I thought I was the only one here with these opinions. Nvm them, ppl with the attitude "if u got skill then u dont need gear" are hiding behind Fotms-"i dont care about pvp"- crap he is op lets whine on forums style. WoW is getting worse and worse every day with rewarding all these noobs, pitty it was the best mmorpg for long time. TY blizzar! which is ur next plan? instanly create lvl 90 chars? Oh wait this will be less money for u, i know u have tons of bots to counter it but y instant lvl 90 chars will cost u a lot. Cya

weekly caps will still be higher for higher rated players, right?

either way, isn't your 'skill' supposed to be your advantage?

don't all true 'competitors', even in real life, want an even playing field?

what's the point in beating someone if you have a numbers advantage? then you can't know for sure if you're actually better than them, or if your gear decided the outcome.

You guys are ****ing ridiculous. Sometimes I wonder where Blizzard gets their absolutely stupid ideas for sometimes, but I actually think a primary source of influence is this site.

This is a great change. PvP gear should NOT reward better gear for skill, because it is competitive. Gear disparities very quickly outpace skill disparities and the game stalls and settles into fixed ratings based on gear from which it is almost impossible to escape, killing competition.

I have no problem with high-rated cosmetic rewards, but what we had was dumb. They already talked a lot about addressing this. In my opinion if they have it in place in time for 5.3 then there will be no problems from my part. The actual acquiring of gear for competition is perfect.

Sincerely
    - A gladiator with ties to Doom Squad
    Last edited by Ishayu; 2013-01-18 at 09:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
    2.2K was the requirement set in Cataclysm for weapons. In WOTLK you obtained weapons at 1750. Weapons are a huge increase to all classes, you should not be rewarded at 2.2k with an advantage like this.
    You are so wrong. I clearly remember pvping to 2.2k on my rogue in Sunwell era to get weapons for PvE since I was unlucky with drops.

OT: change is good, now I maybe have a chance to get into decent RBG team. Oh wait, nvm, no one wants prot or ret paladins there anyway.

Deleted
    As has been said this is the best PvP change that has happened in the game since they introduced arena. All these people bitching about the change are the ones barely hitting 2.2k and thinking that makes them unique snowflakes. This works wonders for making PvP less about gear and more about skill, granted there's still the balance issues but that's a whole another topic.
    You will STILL have a noticeable advantage in gearing if you start early and are actually good, but this change means it's no longer nigh impossible to catch up if you join in a little late. I think the people complaining about this are the same ones who think they should have better treatment just because they've played since vanilla.

the probleme is : actualy gear >>>>>>>>>>>skill

remember when u could beat rank one team with full blue gear back in tbc if you where better.? try to beat a fucking kfc or other stupid comp whit no gear when they are full r2, even if u are 1651616516 time moar skilled, you will fail and thats not fair

don't get me wrong, i hate EASY GEAR like it is in wow, but, whit this actual balance, this is the only way for arena to be a little bit competitive :x
    Last edited by dinouille; 2013-01-18 at 09:57 AM.

If its true that blizzard listen to feedback and let it determine how the game will be like. Then they better get rid of this awful change before 5.2 goes live

I love the changes. pvping for pvp, welcome change.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hirschi View Post
    The reason for higher rated players is to get a higher rating. The ladder shows you at #120? Improve to get into the top100. #23? Try to get into top10.
    You're at #2109 realmpool and an average pvper? Try to achieve #1 of your realm... There're so many ways to set competitive goals, but to achieve gear to roflstomp others without gear should not be a goal.
    But I agree with you concerning mounts or gold or whatever
    Yeah I am already top 5# on my sucky server, but I would like server/battleground incentives.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose