Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    Good changes, just hope there were more cosmetic items or pets / mounts etc available from PvP.
    Next season will be about getting rBG rating to high enough so you get max Conquest Point cap, and then just farming rBG weekly till you have your items.

Was hoping for a bit more.
    This is a good idea. I personally suggested something akin to the Gold Challenge modes transmog gear. Make a cool-looking set to transmog and you earn it by getting 2200.

But not everything has to be done all at once in the beginning. The whole PVP scene needed a revamp desperately and this is a good start.

I think its quite stupid not adding vanity transmog gear for the 2200+ players. Maybe it will come later.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    If you are so skilled you can beat them with the same gear. True pvp games have no gear or gear scaled to the same levels.

This...oh so much of this, the game should be about skill, i'm a 2200++ player and i think this change is amazing, seeing as above 2200 gear is equal for the most part anyway!

The vanity gear/pets/mounts/whatever will probably come later when they've gathered feedback on this change.

Quote Originally Posted by Hirv3s View Post
    Elite Tyrannical Gladiator’s gear can only be purchased with Conquest Points after 27,000 Conquest Points have been earned for the season.

Why is the advantage of being skilled removed? Why does Blizzard make rated arenas & BGs another place to die to boredom... everybody will hit the CP required for elite-gear at the same time, removing the whole idea of it.

I don't understand, if you go and start PVP in the middle/end of the season, why is it a hypothesis that you should be able to get to the top? I just started to play PVP a month ago, no problem and easily to +2.2k rating.

Eventually, the whole game will consist of endless farming and all the skill-based requirements being removed.
    Just to argue with you hear... there is no skill in how certain classes came out bugged in the beginning of the season and then hold a 2400 rating playing NO games after playing for 1 if 2 weeks at the beginning of the season. This new system will address AS THE POST STATED people having to actually play to hold their rating or others could get a higher rating then them. Not to mention as the post also pointed out the HUGE issue teams have to get that rating to get their T2 weapon fighting teams that have it. They could very well out skill them but weapons as we all know make a huge difference.
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Quote Originally Posted by deef View Post
    I think its quite stupid not adding vanity transmog gear for the 2200+ players. Maybe it will come later.
    There is a blue post about Blizzard looking into it.

So most likely there will be some cosmetical / vanity stuff added in 5.2 for PvP players.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...3927?page=5#98

The only ones hating on this change are the ones who got their 2,2k achievement very recently, most likely in rBG's.
    Good players like the change because people will fight with equal gear, and that's what PvP should be about.
    Last edited by Nest; 2013-01-18 at 12:21 PM.
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Divineknight13 View Post
    HEY GUIS I CAN HAZ EPIXX PVP GEARS LIKE RECKFULS IF I PLAY EVERYWEEK FOR MAH CONQUEST CAP !!!

^ sad that arena is just going to turn into farmville dailys like the rest of wow ... rewarding players for just playing all week in the season is like saying hey here are dailys you can farm ... the more u do dailys the more free lootz u get
    Well it's already been removed the bonus long ago. The only bonus you get nowadays is a slightly different colour set /yawn. It's hardly rewarding. If you want to show off that you are a pvp badasss the season mount and title are still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hirv3s View Post
    Elite Tyrannical Gladiator’s gear can only be purchased with Conquest Points after 27,000 Conquest Points have been earned for the season.

Why is the advantage of being skilled removed? Why does Blizzard make rated arenas & BGs another place to die to boredom... everybody will hit the CP required for elite-gear at the same time, removing the whole idea of it.

I don't understand, if you go and start PVP in the middle/end of the season, why is it a hypothesis that you should be able to get to the top? I just started to play PVP a month ago, no problem and easily to +2.2k rating.

Eventually, the whole game will consist of endless farming and all the skill-based requirements being removed.
    The advantage of being skilled, is having high rating and getting the end of seson rewards.... If you can't get high rating/the rewards if everyone got the same gear lvl as you, then you're not that skilled. Period.

Sure, there's differences in classes aswell and that helps sertain people, but if your skilled enough that shouldn't stop you.
    Complaining that everyone CAN get the same gear in pvp, which should be purely based on the player himself, is just stupid.
    And saying they remove competition? wtf? Nothing changed in the fighting eachother in a 2v2,3v3,5v5,RBG setting.

PS: This all comes from somone who NEVER got a single piece of elite gear, NEVER been past 2k rating (or even 1800 if i remember right)....
    Sounds this thread/post sounds a little "QQ, now i'm not that special anymore"-ish to me
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillieB View Post
    Well the shadow-priest ain't a daffodil tooting snuggle bunny either. Besides this is the priest forum not gonna get much love for that line of reasoning here locky-loo - All your sha are belonging to us.

Deleted
    i fail to see how this takes out anything from the game it add:

1) much more level playing field, no more whinning ''i hit teams with T2 and cant go any higher because they faceroll me'' answer: play better.

2) much more competition accross the board (even playing field gear wise, or as even as it should be in an mmo anyway :P )

3) ''T2 weaps only LF arena team, atleast 1600-1800'' <-- im sorry thats just bull RBG into arena and they expect arena enthusiasts to have T2 at that rating? mostly boosters and RBG players are milling between 1700-1900 in my experience.

there adding competition...should of been like this a long, long time ago and the consensus i find is;

Arena Junkies Arena Forums: Good Change

Arena Junkies RBG forums: WTF is this, i cant now farm non-T2 sub 2k in arena?

SKill capped: Good Change

MMO champ: 50/50

Official forums: dont even bother with these anymore as theres next to no constructive posts except form the one or two exceptional un biased pvp posters around.

You shouldnt have your rating decided by being stomped into oblivion by teams who have T2 and full gear, surely you can see this is actually advantageous? more alts, more teams, more people to play = more competition.

my personall solution would be to make T2 equip (so weaps would generally be bought first) once you have them you get matched with teams at or above 2.2k no matter the mmr your at, this would make me laugh seeing the RBG hero's fail miserably. (not all, theres some GREAT RBG players out there)
    Last edited by mmoc167c07865c; 2013-01-18 at 12:39 PM.

If you are so skilled you can beat them with the same gear. True pvp games have no gear or gear scaled to the same levels.
    Doesn't work on WoW. Especially considering how many imbalances there are.

Deleted
    Doesn't work? cant be worse than the current system.

RBG to 2.2 by afk or botting, enter arena and disheartan the new comers with a full set of elite : great system fo' sure brah.

this system wont make PvP balanced MMO's are never balanced properly (100%) not even LoL is balanced 100% some hero's can just...stomp most others simple (especially in a team made to support those hero's)

this is no ''100% balance come 5.2'' but it damn well helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Yea...saw that and was like "WTF?!"

You don't support competitive play by forcing players to farm even more. I don't understand how they're going to fix people being left behind if they start in the middle of the season with this change. The first paragraph on that post contradicts the rest of it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Players who are starting their journey into PvP mid-season start significantly behind the gearing curve. While we want to avoid invalidating the effort of players that have competed for the whole season, we agree with the feedback we’ve received that the starting gap is too large, so a new Conquest Point catch-up cap will be implemented using the following formula:

(Current week of the season) * 1000 – (Conquest earned thus far this season)

Here are some examples of how this will work:

Player A
    is starting PvP for the first time in week 10 of the season, and hasn’t earned any Conquest Points at all that season. He will have an additional cap of 10,000 points added to his normal weekly rating based cap.

Player B has already earned 5,000 Conquest Points by week 10, so she would have an additional cap of 5,000 points added to her normal weekly rating based cap.

Player C has been playing all season long, and has earned more than 10,000 Conquest Points by week 10. He only has the normal weekly cap to work with (but should already be on their way to being well geared).

If a player “redeems” their catch up cap by earning all those points, then they’ll begin the next week at their normal weekly rating based cap. Should they miss more weeks, then the catch up cap accrues again.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

PvP have always been about farming, if u can prove me wrong "shut up and take my money"
    U farm rating, U farm conquest, U farm honor, U farm kills, U farm bgs to get achies, U farm arena to get achies, U farm ur way to lvl 90 farm farm farm.

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

Deleted
    God some people just don't get it. If you are skilled as you say you are then the reward was and will never be gear, it's the rating you achieve at the end of the season. Only reason you are complaining is you are scared that you no longer rely on having better gear than the other team to get your wins.

Deleted
    All the wintraders and people sitting on early season ratings are going nuts over this. I don't even care much about PvP but I just read every single PvP post now... The tears... They're so sweet...

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Anyone QQing about this isn't nearly as skilled as they like to think they are in pvp.

If you're good, you'll continue to win when the gear is closer to equal. If you need better gear to win, you're not that skilled. End of story.
    Couldn't agree more.

But unfortunately the player base that has their fully upgraded t2 are just mad because people with be on a more even level. I appreciate all the hard work that most of the people with high ratings have put in to get the gear that they have. The thing I don't get is when you then go against the other 75% of people who pvp and don't have that best gear and you faceroll them in 5 seconds...is that challenging? I do not think it is. I feel like by doing this that the actual people with good pvp skills will rise above the rest.

To those that say everyone will get there at the same time...no?? I believe the higher the rating the higher your cap every week, so those with good ratings will still gear more quickly. Embrace the change because no matter how much you are going to QQ about this, it is happening.

And as others have said hopefully this will cut down on the ridiculous amount of win trading and such that is going on too.

It is no mystery that right now gear > skill > everything else. With this new implementation skill will reign supreme again and for that, we thank you

First, why would you cry about such a change? It`s all about skill isn`t it? If you have 2.2k weapons it means that you fight against 2.2k people that have the same gear as you do...which means the change will not affect you in any way.
    If you are a faptard that has been boosted through RBGS for elite gear you will struggle with the rest of the PVP wannabees at 1800 rating and cry that the gear has been normalised for everybody and that the X class should die faster, not fair QQ.

Geesh, can`t believe that the guys who will get t2 faster than every other scrub that does arena only for capping will cry about how they can catch up now...this will mean more competition, not just win trader games...and you will play no matter what because you are addicted to this game anyway.

/thread
    Rogues don't do buffs or other group things. If you want a hug ask the Paladin.

Deleted
    If you are so skilled you can beat them with the same gear.
    pretty much this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    I'm pretty sure I pvped in vanilla, yeah. I could be wrong though.

People who make statements like that either 1) couldn't get a group to do it, 2) weren't good enough at their respective role to do it (not just their class) or 3) they actually didn't play at all and are pretending to have a clue.

You even said it, the fact that he mentioned it required no skill is evidence enough that he has no idea what he's talking about.

Now you can get carried to GM in a few hours to a day, that's my definition of a "requires no skill" type of pvp. This is versus the 5+ months, or even a year for some, it took to get the GM title in vanilla...if you were next in line for GM, IF you maintained the current honor cap PER WEEK....oh and IF someone else doesn't fuck you over for the title).
    As Psilar said I am guilty of exaggeration, but HW/GM was still mostly just down to time as you said yourself. It was easier to get carried to the title back then than it is now. Guildies were rotating accountsharing, one actually blatantly used child labour and made his kid play while he was at work Shit, some top ranks couldn't fight their way out of a paperbag if their life depended on it. It has no value of representing said players skill, even if the player possessed some.

Quote Originally Posted by Divineknight13 View Post
    HEY GUIS I CAN HAZ EPIXX PVP GEARS LIKE RECKFULS IF I PLAY EVERYWEEK FOR MAH CONQUEST CAP !!!

^ sad that arena is just going to turn into farmville dailys like the rest of wow ... rewarding players for just playing all week in the season is like saying hey here are dailys you can farm ... the more u do dailys the more free lootz u get
    No.

Noone who compete in serious PvP cares about epeen, thats a dragonslayers thing,
    At least the gear in pvp will be balanced, everyone with the same, thats just freaking good.