Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Nice logic, I'm better so I need better gear. /sarcasm
    T2+upgrades was a big cause of imbalance also.
    Last edited by mmoce2532cddcf; 2013-01-18 at 07:08 PM.

If you think that better gear should be the reward for being successful in PvP, you don't understand what PvP is. That's a PvE mindset.

just think of all the bots in strand of the ancients stuck on the beach wearing elite pvp gear and weapons soon...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    The blog is worded as if the Elite gear has better stats in 5.2+.
    That would be really nice, hehehe, but I suppose that aside from the weapon, elite will remain a recollor.

Quote Originally Posted by Pooutine View Post
    just think of all the bots in strand of the ancients stuck on the beach wearing elite pvp gear and weapons soon...
    27000/1800 = 15 weeks. "Soon" indeed.

This is a great update. So it appears to me that only the best players still get to the higher rankings which means more conquest points, which means they get gear faster still. On top of that, people who are at a disadvantage are given a little more leeway to not be so far behind on gear by acquiring the gear a little bit later than those who are higher ranked. Also an important detail I noticed was that the scaling of your MMR will go up slower so you won't fight against teams that are more difficult so quickly. I always hated that I was under geared and had to fight someone who had a full set of gear and though I could outplay them, they still were better geared than me and my partners. Definitely looking forward to this patch!

Yeah, I'm confused as to how this is bad. The problem they are addressing is people rushing MMR right out of the gate stop playing and then conquest capping and stopping the MMR and getting the weapons and gear and justbeating everyone under you. This requires you to actually like pvp to get the good gear, and actually have skill to be good because the gear will be more homogenized. PvP is supposed to be about player skill not acquisition of gear. Acquisition of gear is a PvE thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hirv3s View Post
    Elite Tyrannical Gladiator’s gear can only be purchased with Conquest Points after 27,000 Conquest Points have been earned for the season.

Why is the advantage of being skilled removed? Why does Blizzard make rated arenas & BGs another place to die to boredom... everybody will hit the CP required for elite-gear at the same time, removing the whole idea of it.

I don't understand, if you go and start PVP in the middle/end of the season, why is it a hypothesis that you should be able to get to the top? I just started to play PVP a month ago, no problem and easily to +2.2k rating.

Eventually, the whole game will consist of endless farming and all the skill-based requirements being removed.
    you mean its fuck competition when your whole team have t1 and you vs a team with full t2 almost impossible

I wish they'd just normalize all gear in PVP, just to separate things from the people who REALLY ACTUALLY LIKE PVP, and the people who just want a separation from the have and have nots. That'd be real interesting right there.

Deleted
    Way to keep the game competitive. This should've been done a long time ago.
    It should stop the moaning. "You only won cause you had better gear" Now everyone has access to the same gear. But bring back the PvP tabards maybe as a reward to the high rated players?

Everyone should understand that for a PvP game to be balanced. Everybody should have exactly the same shit to start with. It's frustrating to totally outplay your opponents in terms of strategy but still end up getting owned because of them having T2 and much more upgraded gear. This is what it looks like from 2k-2.2k with T1. I got my T2 late season so i experienced this. Not everybody with T1 is 1500..
    Last edited by mmoce1d4aa0cd7; 2013-01-18 at 08:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hirv3s View Post
    Elite Tyrannical Gladiator’s gear can only be purchased with Conquest Points after 27,000 Conquest Points have been earned for the season.

Why is the advantage of being skilled removed?
    The advantage of being skilled would seem to me that you play better. Why do you want to have bigger stats than your less skilled opponent on top of it? Why is it even necessary? Do you want to win because of your gear or because of your skill?

I don't understand, if you go and start PVP in the middle/end of the season, why is it a hypothesis that you should be able to get to the top? I just started to play PVP a month ago, no problem and easily to +2.2k rating.
    And why is it your hypothesis that people who started first should get an edge other than the fact that they played more and thus have more experience?

Im sorry but i think this is a great change. This makes it all about skill, not gear. ( and we can play alts thank god). The way it is now you could be sooooo far behind in gear from just starting a few weeks late, and then outplay the crap out of teams and still die because they outgear you so much. I dislike the change to elite gear, because that should be there just to show you got 2.2k, but as far as t2 goes it actually puts everyone on the same level.
    How is it less competitive trying to beat someone that is a closer match to you, then trying to beat someone that you outgear dramatically?

PVP is about obtaining rating and the competition that goes with that, not about achieving gear.
    Last edited by Myci; 2013-01-18 at 08:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    If you are so skilled you can beat them with the same gear. True pvp games have no gear or gear scaled to the same levels.
    That's not the point... People like PvE... It wouldn't be fun if every boss dropped the same gear, regardless of difficulty... People who choose to do LFR would obtain the same loot as those who are doing Heroic or w/e the hardest difficulty is. It's not fair for people who play arena at high rankings to not get that reward feeling... the feeling of obtaining loot only allowed to those who possess the skill.... Just like in PvE, not everyone can do the hardest difficulties, so therefor they can't get the same loot as those who can. That's what makes PvE so entertaining... makes you do the same content weak after weak after weak... "Ohh I just want that one piece of loot!!" and you can't get that specific loot if you do it on an easier setting. You know the feeling I'm talking about and it's not fair that it's now only obtainable through PvE... there is no more reward for skill.

Don't even attempt to make the argument that by everyone having the same gear, it makes for an even playing field... those that are highly skilled still slaughter bad players... the only difference is that they might not walk away with as much health. Your logic is like this "Player + Gear = Balanced" When in reality it's this "Player + Bad/Good = Either you're good or you're bad." Good players will always prevail because they know the game better and know every classes ability so that when any situation occurs, they are prepared to counter or attack. Where as most people take their knowledge from PvE which is spam my most damaging abilities, which quite frankly doesn't always work unless you're going against one of your own kin.

But seriously, it's not about wanting to have better gear than other so that we can slaughter bad players... it's so that we get that reward feeling of our hard work and effort to excel in the game... just like hardcore raiders.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Deleted
    I really fail to see what all the commotion is about. Teams who play 50 games a week will still walk all over the Tuesday afternoon cappers. You are not going to start losing more, nor winning more. It's only going to give some gear to more people, no more, no less. You can take pride in your rating and that you can beat most people out there, but I don't see how other people having some gear takes anything away from your enjoyment of winning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manbeartruck View Post
    I really fail to see what all the commotion is about. Teams who play 50 games a week will still walk all over the Tuesday afternoon cappers. You are not going to start losing more, nor winning more. It's only going to give some gear to more people, no more, no less. You can take pride in your rating and that you can beat most people out there, but I don't see how other people having some gear takes anything away from your enjoyment of winning.
    It's not about winning... what's more exciting in PvE... Killing the boss? Or getting the loot?

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    That's not the point... People like PvE... It wouldn't be fun if every boss dropped the same gear, regardless of difficulty... People who choose to do LFR would obtain the same loot as those who are doing Heroic or w/e the hardest difficulty is. It's not fair for people who play arena at high rankings to not get that reward feeling... the feeling of obtaining loot only allowed to those who possess the skill.... Just like in PvE, not everyone can do the hardest difficulties, so therefor they can't get the same loot as those who can. That's what makes PvE so entertaining... makes you do the same content weak after weak after weak... "Ohh I just want that one piece of loot!!" and you can't get that specific loot if you do it on an easier setting. You know the feeling I'm talking about and it's not fair that it's now only obtainable through PvE... there is no more reward for skill.

Don't even attempt to make the argument that by everyone having the same gear, it makes for an even playing field... those that are highly skilled still slaughter bad players... the only difference is that they might not walk away with as much health. Your logic is like this "Player + Gear = Balanced" When in reality it's this "Player + Bad/Good = Either you're good or you're bad." Good players will always prevail because they know the game better and know every classes ability so that when any situation occurs, they are prepared to counter or attack. Where as most people take their knowledge from PvE which is spam my most damaging abilities, which quite frankly doesn't always work unless you're going against one of your own kin.

But seriously, it's not about wanting to have better gear than other so that we can slaughter bad players... it's so that we get that reward feeling of our hard work and effort to excel in the game... just like hardcore raiders.
    If you want this just pve. It may not be your desire to have better gear to slaughter players, but it is the outcome. The reward should be the rating you reach, and the titles you get from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    It's not about winning... what's more exciting in PvE... Killing the boss? Or getting the loot?
    Killing the boss, by far. I've yet to see a video posted to youtube where the raiders let out the giant whoop after looting the boss.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

i don't like this on some fundamental level, mostly because i'm lazy and don't want to grind up that many points. but i think in the long run this is a good change.

its going to stop all the 2.2k boosters, and its going to put everyone on an even playing field gear wise. ( now if only they could fix the win traders)

i still think ratings decay should be put in, people will still sit on their ratings they earn early in the season with what ever spec/comp that is broken early on and they shouldn't be allowed to do that.

they should put some purely cosmetic items for 2.2k+ players, in the past the elite recolor of the gear was just as big a driving force behind my ratings push as the higher ilevel weapon was. i like being a pretty princess, and i'm not the only one.

some gear with out stats for transmog, like the challenge mode gear. unique weapon models, bring tabards back, something. i'm not pushing gladiator, but i would like my slightly higher then average pvp rating to be visible.

the catchup idea is brilliant.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Quote Originally Posted by Divineknight13 View Post
    sir you fail to understand ... i dont care about gear or skill ... if you have it or you dont its your own thing

its just sad seeing gear which was a reward for achieving something now become farmable

how would pvers like it if all you had to do was do dailys every day of the week and get rewarded all bis pve raid gear ? it would remove the challenge from raiding would it not?

so now any joe can play arena every week for his cap and close to the end of the season or at 27k conquest get the best pvp gear you can get as a reward for what ...? cuz he played alot so entitles him to free better gear?
    The problem here, is that in PvE, people get gear for doing content they already have the gear for, to keep growing.
    while in PvP, some people meet a HUGE brickwall, beeing 1800 ratings and T2 geared people "having fun" thus stopping a big group of people from getting T2 weapons, not because they are worse, but because they do not have the gear to take them on...

With this change, SKILL will actually determine peoples ratings, not their gear. aka you no longer have to jump on your precious FOTM class and steamroll your way to 2.2k the first week, and then just farm the people without elite gear...

FINALLY skills will determine, and not peoples gear..

Anyone complaining about this change, is simply afraid of their Epeen, as they actually have to be good now..
    Oh, and the reward from beeing skilled, is NOT PvP gear, it is titles, and mounts.

You aren't any more entitled to free gear, just for reaching 2.2k with an OP class/comp the first week, and then just beating the rest on gear difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myci View Post
    If you want this just pve. It may not be your desire to have better gear to slaughter players, but it is the outcome. The reward should be the rating you reach, and the titles you get from it.
    See, you don't understand, I want it to require skill... and well... PvE isn't necessarily skill-ful. Spamming a 5 button rotation and popping a few CD's here and there and avoiding the 5-6 mechanics that DBM tells me are coming isn't something that I'd consider hard. PvP on the other hand... arena more specifically, requires more than just simple knowledge of the game. You have to predict and counter... pop a 30 sec CD to make them pop a fat 2 min CD. Your knowledge of the game has to expand throughout every class... you can't just know your class and win, you have to know their class so well... to the point where you know exactly what they'll be trying to cast. And since this doesn't happen in PvE, I don't find it as amusing. I do like the gear aspect of PvE, but it's just not difficult enough for me to enjoy.