Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Someone explain this 280 000 crit

Not whining just curious. What is behind this 280 000 Rising Sun kick. I'm at 62% res.
    It is in a bg so I presume he must have had Berserker buff but still, how can he reach almost 300k in one blow?

Last edited by Bakis; 2013-01-18 at 11:57 AM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Skull banner might have been down to

15+ Year Old Account
    They had no warrior though, was plenty of dks and hunters but no warrior.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Not whining just curious. What is behind this 280 000k Rising Sun kick. I'm at 62% res.
    It is in a bg so I presume he must have had Berserker buff but still, how can he reach almost 300k in one blow?

Are you a clothie? Armour can make a fair bit of difference.

He probably popped his 10 stacks Tigereye Brew - 20% damage increase on top of zerker buff's 30%. Tiger Palm Strike for ignore 30% armour. Trinkets, buffs, etc. Not to mention it is the monk's single most hard-hitting attack. Also if you were kicked by one earlier (or even near enough to someone who was kicked earlier) you get a debuff that it increases the damage you take from other monk abilities by 15%.

Lots of percentage buffs basically.

Deleted
    you do realise 280 000k = 280 000 000 right?

Other than that he probably had alot of shit up : / you could always do the math yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I went into a BG with no PvP gear at ALL. No pvp power, no resil.

I managed to crit for 150k at one point with that kick. Enemy seemed pretty PvP geared too so no idea.

beserker, trinkets, RSK already on you, 20 stack brew and a bit of luck?
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ridish View Post

Other than that he probably had alot of shit up : / you could always do the math yourself.
    Yea I do, I'm just sleepy, thnx

Are you a clothie? Armour can make a fair bit of difference.
    Yes

Deleted
    Zerker, RSK debuff and TeB are roughly 80% extra damage on you. Then factor in you're a clothy, any AP/trinket procs and Tiger Power and yeah that looks about right.

280 000k = 280 000 000 and not 280k - i really thought there was a new vengeance bug when i saw the title ^^

in BGs its kinda easy to achieve that dmg: berserker buff, tricks, tigereye brew, palm strike, rising sun kick debuff, agi-potion, on-use trinket etc etc. the damage you can achieve by stacking every possible CD is rediculous, especially when there are other debuffs that increase your dmg recieved (i.e. templet of katmogu)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ridish View Post

Teehee, I was gonna point that out aswell =D

OT: Most likely just a whole lot of stacking %'s as another poster suggested. It's one of those "when stars allign" attacks that are so hard to build but possible with patience. It just always sucks to be on the recieving end =)

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Painfull But as people have said, either circumstances or just playing all his strengths at once could'v been the key, when you put trinkets/offensive cooldowns into a macro, it can be insane;p

There's no stars align with monks. You just hit jab twice, use one for tiger palm, one for RSK, hit jab/BoK until RSK is back and repeat. If you started dpsing trinkets would proc'd by time you can use ur 2nd RSK - it's all planned.

OP, you need armory the guy. Looks like he would be packing some serious gear to pull those numbers. With PVP power stacked he might negate a fair amount of your resilience. For reference I've 464 gear and hit 85 dummy (less armor like clothie) for 200k with brew up. Scale that upto heroic/elite level with stacked pvp power and berserking i'd say 300k was possible.

Deleted
    Did you have the flag?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimar235 View Post
    There's no stars align with monks. You just hit jab twice, use one for tiger palm, one for RSK, hit jab/BoK until RSK is back and repeat. If you started dpsing trinkets would proc'd by time you can use ur 2nd RSK - it's all planned.

OP, you need armory the guy. Looks like he would be packing some serious gear to pull those numbers. With PVP power stacked he might negate a fair amount of your resilience. For reference I've 464 gear and hit 85 dummy (less armor like clothie) for 200k with brew up. Scale that upto heroic/elite level with stacked pvp power and berserking i'd say 300k was possible.
    Was thinking about that too but never did it. Weird part is he went down like butter. Like he used full PvE and conquest weapon or smt.
    Either way I entered the fight at full hp and the 3rd hit he did took out 75% of my hp, was one of those WTF just happened moments

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Did you have the flag?
    he's probably in AV

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Did you have the flag?
    Nope, was in Temple and I believe I carried nothing

Deleted
    You believe, an orb would be an easy explanation though seeing as simply picking it up gives you a huge debuff.

Then it's solved, the guy who attacked you must have been carrying the orb. This increases his damage which explains the crit and increases dmg taken which explains why he dropped so fast.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimar235 View Post
    Then it's solved, the guy who attacked you must have been carrying the orb. This increases his damage which explains the crit and increases dmg taken which explains why he dropped so fast.
    Yea might be, still unsure though, he had a personal healer and just ran around farming mostly, isnt the increase also just 10%?
    Think it must have been some sick combo of all mentioned so far in the thread