Deleted

Computor issues for d3

Hello, a week ago i bought this computor for 2200 euro to game d3, it had windows 8 but i didnt like it so installed windows 7 x64 ultimate instead. Im experience lagg in diablo 3 also it shows only 60 fps in d3, i got a 120hz screen? the lagg is when many spells are up on the screen or when i ww on many mobs with my barb. any help is good help. listen few things down below.

Computor setup

Intel Core i7 3770k @ 3.9ghz
    Corsair 16gb 1600mhz
    MSI Z77A-S01 (MS-7752) motherboard
    evga gtx 680 2gb (says 705 mhz core clock and 3004mhz memory clock in 3d vantage)
    250 GB Samsung SSD 840 Series ATA Device
    Western Digital Caviar Blue 2tb 7200rpm 32mb
    750w power supply
    Acer 27" 120hz 3D screen
    Razer naga hex wraith red mouse
    G19 keyboard
    Haf X chassie

3D Mark Vantage Score

32901 3d mark
    34965 gpu
    27952 cpu

settings:
    nvidia settings: default nothing changed
    diablo 3 settings:

fullscreen
    1920x1080 ress
    vertical sync on
    letterbox off
    max foreground fps 150
    max background fps 8
    texture quality high
    shadow quality high smooth
    physics high
    clutter density high
    anti-aliasing on
    low fx off

i also changed the power setting to max for max performance also everytime i play i go and change priority to high on d3 in the ctrl+alt+delete meny dno whats it called activity smth

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 02:12 PM ----------

and now in the end of arreat crater level 2 i had maaany mobs, so screen froze for like 3 sec then i was almost dead wtb help ploxx

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dampo View Post
    Hello, a week ago i bought this computor for 2200 euro to game d3, it had windows 8 but i didnt like it so installed windows 7 x64 ultimate instead. Im experience lagg in diablo 3 also it shows only 60 fps in d3, i got a 120hz screen? the lagg is when many spells are up on the screen or when i ww on many mobs with my barb. any help is good help. listen few things down below.

Computor setup

Intel Core i7 3770k @ 3.9ghz
    Corsair 16gb 1600mhz
    MSI Z77A-S01 (MS-7752) motherboard
    evga gtx 680 2gb (says 705 mhz core clock and 3004mhz memory clock in 3d vantage)
    250 GB Samsung SSD 840 Series ATA Device
    Western Digital Caviar Blue 2tb 7200rpm 32mb
    750w power supply
    Acer 27" 120hz 3D screen
    Razer naga hex wraith red mouse
    G19 keyboard
    Haf X chassie

3D Mark Vantage Score

32901 3d mark
    34965 gpu
    27952 cpu

settings:
    nvidia settings: default nothing changed
    diablo 3 settings:

fullscreen
    1920x1080 ress
    vertical sync on
    letterbox off
    max foreground fps 150
    max background fps 8
    texture quality high
    shadow quality high smooth
    physics high
    clutter density high
    anti-aliasing on
    low fx off

i also changed the power setting to max for max performance also everytime i play i go and change priority to high on d3 in the ctrl+alt+delete meny dno whats it called activity smth

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 02:12 PM ----------

and now in the end of arreat crater level 2 i had maaany mobs, so screen froze for like 3 sec then i was almost dead wtb help ploxx

What is your internet speed, And what is your MS at while playing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Computer********
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

Deleted
    112ms atm and i got 100/10 internet isp

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 09:59 PM ----------

getting a dc out to char screen every hour or so not out so i have to type pass again, also lagg stil exist

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    112ms atm and i got 100/10 internet isp

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 09:59 PM ----------

getting a dc out to char screen every hour or so not out so i have to type pass again, also lagg stil exist

I'm really not the one to trouble shoot this but i would get it's more of a network issue than a hardware issue.

First: overkill pc for any game on market, my 3years old one can handle D3 perfectly at max settings (anyway gratz if you can afford a machine like this).

Second: it's not a network issue imho - i have a 10/1 and similar ping and i don't experience freezes like that; it can be anyway some packet loss or lag spikes, you should monitor the ping/data flow in a longish time to be sure it's not that.

Third: i have some slowing/stuttering everytime i go through Rakkis crossing. Doesn't matter how many mobs, party/solo or detail levels - it just happens so i just hink it's something client or game related (maybe some strange effect/trigger on background that we cannot see).

Fourth: if there are many mobs and you have a class that spam multiple attacks (well, any class with good gear) i think the server has an hard time calculating you'e hitting 30 mobs, regenerating X hp per hit etc etc so it can be something on the line. WoW had a similar problem with aoe (think Onyxia) and many experienced lag/freeze/crashes due to this. Try to disable every combat text and see what happens.

My two cents.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

This is a known problem.

The developers even know about it and are looking into a fix for it.

If you do a search on the D3 forums you'll find a long post about it. I believe it's in the technical support forum.

Never mind, I found the link: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/top...0834509?page=1

Basically, the game (even at a flat 60FPS) appears as if it's lagging. This has nothing to do with your system. It's the game causing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanno View Post
    This is a known problem.

The developers even know about it and are looking into a fix for it.

If you do a search on the D3 forums you'll find a long post about it. I believe it's in the technical support forum.

Never mind, I found the link: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/top...0834509?page=1

Basically, the game (even at a flat 60FPS) appears as if it's lagging. This has nothing to do with your system. It's the game causing it.
    And its been amost 7 months since that post and nothing is being done about the stutter.

OP its not your computer its the game.

Deleted
    can u guys check my gpu, says 3004mhz memory clock, aint that like half of what it should be? and 705mhz core clock

Deleted
    That PC is way too overkill to be just a gaming machine (for Diablo 3). I bought the parts for my pc for around 700 euro's in total, put the PC together myself, and it can run any game I like perfectly fine (including Diablo 3). For future reference I really recommend you doing some research on how to put a PC together yourself; it will save you tons of money and makes upgrading a LOT easier.

Back on topic: the 60 FPS you get while playing Diablo 3 is because v-sync is most likely enabled. For some people it works out disabling this function, and will most likely result in your FPS going up. This won't help with the lag you're having is my guess, as Diablo 3 can't cooperate well with some PC's (whether this is a pure hardware related question I don't know) which isn't your fault, it is Blizzard's fault. There are a lot of people out there with similar problems, try searching the official Diablo 3 forums, I've seen some tips and tricks that helped for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Third: i have some slowing/stuttering everytime i go through Rakkis crossing.
    Oddly enough that is an audio issue, set to 16 channels in game and update your sound driver. A dedicated soundcard seems to work wonders.

For people who get constant non-responding in the task manage delete these two files

Diablo III.tfil
    Diablo III.mfil

The mfil rebuilds itself, the tfil doesnt rebuild making me assume thats the issue.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16829102048

I was lookin at that one one til i threw in my old mp3+ soundblaster. Very nice card. 116snr/24hz will have you hearing everything they heard at the mastering studio
    Last edited by chadwix; 2013-01-23 at 05:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Oddly enough that is an audio issue, set to 16 channels in game and update your sound driver. A dedicated soundcard seems to work wonders.
    Just wanted to say thanks.

I've had the problem with rakkis crossing and it's been annoying the hell out of me. Lowering the sound channels to 16 eliminated any stuttering in the game so far.

Deleted
    diablo 3 also it shows only 60 fps in d3, i got a 120hz screen?
    You need to get "vertical sync" unchecked because it limits fps to 60. Also. If you uncheck vertical sync it can cause screen tearing what sucks big time.

"Vertical sync" sync's it to your moniters refresh rate. If vsync is on, maybe you need to install a driver or plug in a second connection from your video card. Some 120hz moniters need two inputs.

Its either the game itself, or your ping. Cannot be your computer, because it is perfectly capable of handling D3. I think it is either your network, or the game, as I think your problem is a common problem. If Blizzard does know about this, then they must be trying to figure out what is the problem. Its not the computer, thats what Im sure of.

Deleted
    you spent 2200 Euro just to play D3?? you`re either rich or insane

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Amusing. My laptop has crappy frames but I don't get additional lag at Rakkis Crossing. I guess my laptop has a sound card since I can set my sound settings to High (128) without much trouble.

can u guys check my gpu, says 3004mhz memory clock, aint that like half of what it should be? and 705mhz core clock
    Double the displayed memory clock for nVidia cards. Quadruple the displayed memory clock for AMD cards. It is just how the memory is hooked up.