Lightbulb Monk 5.2 Patch Preview!

Hey Brothers,

As a fellow monk, I've taken the time to piece together some of the upcoming changes to the monk class in 5.2, I waited until now to ensure the artwork and design was semi complete, of course this could all change tomorrow.

I've also given my thoughts on the patch notes, I believe patch 5.2 is going to be a good patch for us monks! Enjoy!

Last edited by Smashpanda; 2013-01-18 at 01:19 PM.
    Monk Guides/Tips & Fun unique videos check it out:
    YouTube.com/SmashUpGaming

Deleted
    SE&F have a tiny health pool do they not? somewhere around 30k?

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    SE&F have a tiny health pool do they not? somewhere around 30k?
    I believe atm it works out to be 10% of your health which yes works out to be around 36k.

SE & F = Storm, Earth and Fire.

Deleted
    Wait, if you can attack the same target as a clone won't that mean that you always want one even on single target fights?

Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    Wait, if you can attack the same target as a clone won't that mean that you always want one even on single target fights?
    If you do that the clone wont copy your attacks. only autoattack it

Deleted
    Dont forget to say in the titel . its only about WW.. so the rest of us dont waste time.. !

Quote Originally Posted by sympen View Post
    Dont forget to say in the titel . its only about WW.. so the rest of us dont waste time.. !
    This is true, I can't edit the title now, I'll remember for next time.

To be fair most of the changes are in regards to windwalkers

How can you generate 10 stack TEB every 15 sec?
    I seriously doubt you can kept TEB up even in PvE like you said in the video.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exorte View Post
    How can you generate 10 stack TEB every 15 sec?
    I seriously doubt you can kept TEB up even in PvE like you said in the video.
    15s does seem like a short time. Hm.

But then, 3 chi = 1 charge...

Removing comby breaker procs and FoF and TP because they overcomplicate things:

1st column for 1 second, 2nd for "how man Chi at this second", 3rd for "I need to spend X Chi to gain a stack", 4th for "I have X amount of stacks", 5th for "With all this in mind, I choose to do This" (which affects the following row). Correct my math if it's wrong....

1 0 3 0 Jab
    2 2 3 0 RSK
    3 0 1 0 Jab
    4 2 1 0 BOK
    5 0 2 1 Jab
    6 2 2 1 BOK
    7 0 3 2 Jab
    8 2 3 2 RSK
    9 0 1 3 Jab
    10 2 2 3 BoK
    11 0 3 4 Jab
    12 2 3 4 BoK
    13 0 1 4 Jab
    14 2 1 4 BoK
    15 0 2 5 Jab
    16 2 2 5 RSK

At 15 seconds, you will have around 5 stacks, though theoretically you could have as many as 7 or 8 with usage of TP and FoF. As opposed to current, with same variables:

1 0 4 0 Jab
    2 2 4 0 RSK
    3 0 2 0 Jab
    4 2 2 0 BOK
    5 0 4 1 Jab
    6 2 4 1 BOK
    7 0 2 1 Jab
    8 2 2 1 RSK
    9 0 4 2 Jab
    10 2 4 2 BoK
    11 0 2 2 Jab
    12 2 2 2 BoK
    13 0 4 3 Jab
    14 2 4 3 BoK
    15 0 2 3 Jab
    16 2 2 3 BoK

You would typically have 3 after 16 seconds, not including receiving an extra 1 from 1 TP and 1 FoF (possibly), and not counting the current bug with Combo Breaker.

So, still faster generation - but not much faster. It should still be a significant buff.

Helpful information nonetheless, thanks for the vid, well done.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Deleted
    When i look at SEF, the only thing that come to my mind is that i have to set up a triple WW monk 3s.

Monks, monks everywhere.

Deleted
    Very good video!

Have you tried dueling rogues on the PTR with the new changes to both classes? Nimble brew will be strong, so will ring of peace!

Unless it was changed again i think SEF is -40% (120) and 55% (135)

•Storm, Earth, and Fire is a new ability for Windwalkers. It’s intended to be fill the role of attacking 2 or 3 targets. It’s a rather complex ability, technically, and you’re seeing a very early version of it that still has some significant bugs (which we’re hoping to hotfix soon). To give you an idea of the design intent here, the spirits should mirror your damaging attacks against targets other than the one they’re on (so that it’s not a single target DPS gain). The spirits auto attack on their own. It should reduce your and your spirits damage while they’re out, but the exact tuning for that is still being iterated on. They’re currently -40% for 1 (total of 120% of normal against 2 targets), and -55% for 2 (total of 135% against 3 targets). Non-damaging attacks (such as Spear Hand Strike) should not be mirrored, but damaging attacks (such as Fists of Fury) should. Feedback very appreciated.

Might have been changed to be 40/60 later on but i dont know.

Maybe a good patch for Windwalkers, but Brewmasters getting raped. The Mastery Buff is too low. And the Ox Statue Guard nerf is just unnecessary. Compare to the selfheal from a DK, i don't get it. Maybe you guys think Blizz listend, but there are so many skills that need to be tweaked (like the Orbs, i can't jump around while tanking a boss on a precise spot, meeles getting mad).

I'm not happy with 5.2
    13/13

Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my lawdz give me new patch already!

Quote Originally Posted by alysmera View Post
    15s does seem like a short time. Hm.

But then, 3 chi = 1 charge...

Removing comby breaker procs and FoF and TP because they overcomplicate things:

1st column for 1 second, 2nd for "how man Chi at this second", 3rd for "I need to spend X Chi to gain a stack", 4th for "I have X amount of stacks", 5th for "With all this in mind, I choose to do This" (which affects the following row). Correct my math if it's wrong....

1 0 3 0 Jab
    2 2 3 0 RSK
    3 0 1 0 Jab
    4 2 1 0 BOK
    5 0 2 1 Jab
    6 2 2 1 BOK
    7 0 3 2 Jab
    8 2 3 2 RSK
    9 0 1 3 Jab
    10 2 2 3 BoK
    11 0 3 4 Jab
    12 2 3 4 BoK
    13 0 1 4 Jab
    14 2 1 4 BoK
    15 0 2 5 Jab
    16 2 2 5 RSK

At 15 seconds, you will have around 5 stacks, though theoretically you could have as many as 7 or 8 with usage of TP and FoF. As opposed to current, with same variables:

1 0 4 0 Jab
    2 2 4 0 RSK
    3 0 2 0 Jab
    4 2 2 0 BOK
    5 0 4 1 Jab
    6 2 4 1 BOK
    7 0 2 1 Jab
    8 2 2 1 RSK
    9 0 4 2 Jab
    10 2 4 2 BoK
    11 0 2 2 Jab
    12 2 2 2 BoK
    13 0 4 3 Jab
    14 2 4 3 BoK
    15 0 2 3 Jab
    16 2 2 3 BoK

You would typically have 3 after 16 seconds, not including receiving an extra 1 from 1 TP and 1 FoF (possibly), and not counting the current bug with Combo Breaker.

So, still faster generation - but not much faster. It should still be a significant buff.
    Where do global cooldowns fit into your equation?

Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    Maybe a good patch for Windwalkers, but Brewmasters getting raped. The Mastery Buff is too low. And the Ox Statue Guard nerf is just unnecessary. Compare to the selfheal from a DK, i don't get it. Maybe you guys think Blizz listend, but there are so many skills that need to be tweaked (like the Orbs, i can't jump around while tanking a boss on a precise spot, meeles getting mad).

I'm not happy with 5.2
    I agree that i still want to see sometzhing that reduces our spikiness (and tbh dks didnt need any blood worm buff if we get guard nerfed) but...
    Learn to wiggle your ass silly. The boss doesnt have to move much if you collect orbs and melees shouldnt notice anything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanC1985 View Post
    Where do global cooldowns fit into your equation?
    1second GCD. That's where.

In addition, it's an estimation in fairly moderate circumstances.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm soooo so so so excited for SE&F! WW needed just a little boost. Plus it's all the more reason for my guild to finally let me drop the boomchicken and make the monk my main. Soooo much utility!