Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
12
... LastLast
  1. #181
    Herald of the Titans Kuja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    City of Judgement
    Posts
    2,832
    I'm getting sick of running around too. Won't level even one more alt past 85 until I can fly around. c:

    My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!


  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Well then lets all teleport across the map by simply clicking on desired location, hell we dont need mounts then.
    because warriors know how to teleport lol

    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    In a dream i can fly and then when i wake up i cant, who took that skill away from me?
    dreaming is different from changing places. you never had the skill of flying, so nobody took it from you. when the worgen travels from gilneas to darnasus, he forgets how to ride horses. he loses a skill he already had. the game took it from him for no reason other than artificially gating mounts.

    this comparison is so ridiculous and flat out wrong that I don't even know why I'm taking my time to answer to it lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  3. #183
    Stood in the Fire S Blieft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    SoPoCo
    Posts
    475
    Tome of Cold Weather Flying wasn't introduced until Patch 3.2,
    which was in August of 2009. So, it may be awhile before you see anything like it.
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

  4. #184
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    No, you stated multiple times that its punishing you by making you wait until 90 to fly. You still have to go through it regardless of flying or not. If you think playing the game is punishment, then stop playing. Why would you care to get more to 90? As you said "going through the content time and time again is not fun" ... so why would you want to run heroics and do LFR on different toons, that wouldn't be fun according to you.
    Reread what I said, because it's not what I said at all!

    Running instances on different toons WOULD be fun because you're getting a new viewpoint of the fight, or a different way of attacking the boss. Think of the position you would be in if you were normally a tank, then think of how your view of the fight would change if you went on a alt because your group needed a healer that night? Yeah, different, huh? What about from, say, a rogue to a mage? Different!

    You're taking logic from that and applying it to something that never actually changes. The quests are not dynamic. They stay the same no matter what class you're on. You always know what you have to do, and it's not that much of a different perspective of anything. All that changes is your normal rotation, and you should know that by the time you hit Pandaria. Basically, you're comparing apples to oranges here.

    And listen to what you're saying. You're questioning why we would even roll alts in the first place. Some people are fine only having one toon, but why is it that you are questioning our willingness to have more than one? Why is it that you feel the need to impose your play style on others? What do you see is so wrong about having alts?

    No, its not punishing you to play more than one alt. It is easy regardless of flying.
    So...how would flying degrade anything when they are already "easy", by your terms? You just legitimized why the tome idea should become reality and I don't think you even realized you did so.

    It is in no way grueling or demanding: You are obviously a very new player.
    And...you obviously don't know me that well, do you?

    You can mindlessly do the insanely easy quests regardless of flying.
    /facepalm

    Again, please review your argument.
    I think I just did. Standing by what I said the way I said it.

    Yes, this statement is read as an ultimatum. You are giving me two choices: Agree with you or don't speak.
    Umm...reread what you quoted me as saying because you're taking something out of context while leaving the context in there for everyone to read (which I did an epic facepalm over...thank you for showing everyone what I actually said then expose the epic holes in your argument over what you THINK I said). I'm saying that if you are not ready to explain the other heirlooms we get and campaign that we shouldn't have those either (which, by the definitions provided here, already does what a tome like heirloom for flying in Pandaria would do), then you shouldn't really complain about people wanting a tome because it's essentially the same thing as those, and you're argument is over heirlooms. I'm saying that if you approved of one, then you shouldn't complain about the possibility of the other.

    How you got "don't speak regardless" from "don't be a hypocrite when you speak" is beyond me!
    I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space, with the tuning fork, does a raw blink on Hari-Kari rock! I need scissors! 61!

  5. #185
    I am Murloc! Lemonpartyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ironforge
    Posts
    5,560
    Quote Originally Posted by darkpower View Post
    Reread what I said, because it's not what I said at all!

    Running instances on different toons WOULD be fun because you're getting a new viewpoint of the fight, or a different way of attacking the boss. Think of the position you would be in if you were normally a tank, then think of how your view of the fight would change if you went on a alt because your group needed a healer that night? Yeah, different, huh? What about from, say, a rogue to a mage? Different!

    You're taking logic from that and applying it to something that never actually changes. The quests are not dynamic. They stay the same no matter what class you're on. You always know what you have to do, and it's not that much of a different perspective of anything. All that changes is your normal rotation, and you should know that by the time you hit Pandaria. Basically, you're comparing apples to oranges here.

    And listen to what you're saying. You're questioning why we would even roll alts in the first place. Some people are fine only having one toon, but why is it that you are questioning our willingness to have more than one? Why is it that you feel the need to impose your play style on others? What do you see is so wrong about having alts?



    So...how would flying degrade anything when they are already "easy", by your terms? You just legitimized why the tome idea should become reality and I don't think you even realized you did so.



    And...you obviously don't know me that well, do you?



    /facepalm



    I think I just did. Standing by what I said the way I said it.



    Umm...reread what you quoted me as saying because you're taking something out of context while leaving the context in there for everyone to read (which I did an epic facepalm over...thank you for showing everyone what I actually said then expose the epic holes in your argument over what you THINK I said). I'm saying that if you are not ready to explain the other heirlooms we get and campaign that we shouldn't have those either (which, by the definitions provided here, already does what a tome like heirloom for flying in Pandaria would do), then you shouldn't really complain about people wanting a tome because it's essentially the same thing as those, and you're argument is over heirlooms. I'm saying that if you approved of one, then you shouldn't complain about the possibility of the other.

    How you got "don't speak regardless" from "don't be a hypocrite when you speak" is beyond me!
    No, quests being easy does not make your argument any more legit.

    No, I am not against alts, and I have not said anything close to that. Again, if you find questing, leveling and playing grueling or punishment, don't play. Break up with WoW.

    No, if I approve of one, I don't automatically have to like the other. They are way different. Again, do not use an ultimatum. I can have differing opinions on two totally different things. Just because using armor heirlooms, and a flying mount speed parts of the game up does NOT make them 100% the same. This is all just illogical, a straw man, and a fallacy.

    With this logic, you HAVE TO be campaigning that you only need to get to 90 once, and all other classes get to 90 as well automatically. Might as well always get the same item levels as your main toon as well.

    Again, if you think these quests are grueling, you are probably a newer player.

    Again, review your argument.





    Blizzard hinders my gameplay and gates me by not giving me 1 million gold!!!!!!1! QQ!!!!!!11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
    Stupid! New things are always much better then the old things...
    New Star wars > old Star wars (crappy special effects anyone lol!)
    Justine Beiber > the beatles (shitty copycats music lol!)
    Twilligt > dracula, do I even need to comment loooool
    yea its probably nostalgia

  6. #186
    Kinda confused here, what skin is it off someones else back if another persons alt can fly a few levels early because they are tired of seeing the same things for the 3rd or 4th time, what does it take away from your gameplay?? (serious question? don't play on a PVP server is it a gawking thing or something?) I don't remember people QQing about the tomes in LK when they brought them about?
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2013-01-19 at 12:56 AM.

  7. #187
    Stood in the Fire Divine Path's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    376
    I Agree with the OP. It's only the vocal minority that has such an aversion to flying mounts. Why should the majority of players who appreciate them have to suffer?

    Perhaps they should have an option in the UI menu to "Enable or Disable Flying Mounts" that can only take affect once you relog. Maybe that will make all the 'anti-flyers' happy and stop them from ruining the experience that us flyers enjoy about the game!
    "Come, Stormrage, and I will show you what happens to those that betray the lord of the Legion!" — Mannoroth.

  8. #188
    I'm working on my 6th 90 and I totally agree. They need to add flying mounts for alts like they did in Wotlk.

    Leveling 85 - 90 grounded for the first time is great but there is little to no reason to force it after that. If other people would rather play without flying on their alts they can still do that.

  9. #189
    I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned this (didn't read all those pages), but you could have someone fly you to all of Pandaria's flightpoints. That'd alleviate should alleviate some of the leveling process.

  10. #190
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    So the other 20 % should take precedence over the 80%? Makes sense.
    No, genius. The other 80% (who are NOT 80% of the playerbase by the way, it' s an overly represented/vocal demographic) should grow a brain and realize that no one is forcing them to use flying mounts that they already have the option to forego them.

  11. #191
    It does seem so much more logical to implement a WoLK model for flying or just letting us have flight off the bat, doesn't it, considering that the people who wish to quest on ground mounts can still do so.

    My understanding was that the ground mounts only thing was implemented because people were qqing about world pvp, which flying mounts tends to put a damper on.

  12. #192
    Warchief Kuthe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,057
    Not everyone wants 10 toons at 90.
    You're not the norm, and so Blizzard aren't catering towards your need to fly while leveling your next toon.

    Enjoy the Panda culture and don't expect flying till atleast 5.3+
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

    Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

  13. #193
    I am Murloc! Lemonpartyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ironforge
    Posts
    5,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Divine Path View Post
    I Agree with the OP. It's only the vocal minority that has such an aversion to flying mounts. Why should the majority of players who appreciate them have to suffer?

    Perhaps they should have an option in the UI menu to "Enable or Disable Flying Mounts" that can only take affect once you relog. Maybe that will make all the 'anti-flyers' happy and stop them from ruining the experience that us flyers enjoy about the game!
    You don't know what the majority wants at all. Don't make claims like that. Also, if playing WoW without flying actually means you "suffer", then maybe you shouldn't be playing this game at all.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 09:15 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    No, genius. The other 80% (who are NOT 80% of the playerbase by the way, it' s an overly represented/vocal demographic) should grow a brain and realize that no one is forcing them to use flying mounts that they already have the option to forego them.
    You don't know that at all. Sorry, I doubt you have access to such information. Making such claims is just a tired old fallacy you probably heard some casual/easy-mode players make.

    My comment to you only reflected your own illogical claim. You stated 20% of thee players want flying. This can only mean the other 80& either don't want them or don't care. Thats your own made up numbers of course... butttt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
    Stupid! New things are always much better then the old things...
    New Star wars > old Star wars (crappy special effects anyone lol!)
    Justine Beiber > the beatles (shitty copycats music lol!)
    Twilligt > dracula, do I even need to comment loooool
    yea its probably nostalgia

  14. #194
    Personally agree they should add BoA tomes for panda flying for level 85 alts - tie it to the panda Loremaster + Explorer or even 'Pandaren Ambassador' if they feel it necessary to 'prove' we've seen the content already.

    And while they're at it, why aren't the new guild heirlooms up to level 90? The Cata ones worked to level 85. Why are none of the new, fairly expensive heirloom 'upgrades' usable to 90? We got 2 that worked until level 85 last expansion, so why do we get none now?

    Even the 300% exp, 1 hour buff item from the rare in Dread Wastes can't be used on characters above level 84 (an item with only a 10% drop chance in the first place).

    Just feels like them trying to make the experience of leveling alts as tedious as possible (it was fine the first time through but past that it really bores me to tears); I'm not quite sure what the issue is with Pandaria, maybe the lack of zone choice is what bugs me (aka you'll always start in Jade Forest while both Cata/WotLK gave you a choice of two zones).

    Also wish they'd make harmony BoA already, so I can send the useless ones on my main to an alt...

    Edit: While they're at if if they're going to make all the new patch hubs 'anti-flying' I hope they fix all the flying mounts so we can still use them on the ground rather than limiting us to whatever they decide is suitable to be walking on the ground/given a jump animation; if Heart of the Aspects is considered suitable as a ground mount there's no reason to deny any of the others.
    Last edited by Kaiarra; 2013-01-19 at 02:44 AM.

  15. #195
    As stated many times above, I'd agree that adding a BoA tome is the way to do it. I really cant understand why people have a problem with this, the only argument that holds any ground is, "HOW I GRIEF U IF U FLY?!?!?" Not sure how much ground but its there.

    Saying that wanting flying = wanting full Heroic Raid/Elite PVP gear is just asinine, especially when in the same post the poster says that leveling is already easy, so what about flying will ruin this easy and mindless task?

    Lets do a real world application of this. I get a haircut 5 times and the barber gives me a punch card for a free haircut next time I come in. Does that mean I want free haircuts for life after my first cut? And ya apples to oranges whatever you want, it's essentially the same thing, A small reward for repeat business. It keeps people coming back, which is the point right?

    Either way I'll level my alts, I just dont see the problem with flying after Ive seen the scenery and worked my way up to 90.
    "Dear your holiness, your army is safe and sound, they're down here dying for you."
    Bayside is a cult.

  16. #196
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    You don't know what the majority wants at all. Don't make claims like that.

    You don't know that at all. Sorry, I doubt you have access to such information. Making such claims is just a tired old fallacy you probably heard some casual/easy-mode players make.
    We've repeatedly polled it here, where there are *more* hardcore players than average and clearly a vocal group in favour of removing flying mounts, and it always ends up demonstrating they are a vocal minority and the vast majority want their flying mounts. And who can blame them, flying on a dragon is awesome.

  17. #197
    Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    We've repeatedly polled it here, where there are *more* hardcore players than average and clearly a vocal group in favour of removing flying mounts, and it always ends up demonstrating they are a vocal minority and the vast majority want their flaying mounts. And who can blame them, flying on a dragon is awesome.
    Too bad the vocal minority who posts on the official forums gets its way most of the time, eh? >.<

  18. #198
    I am Murloc! Lemonpartyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ironforge
    Posts
    5,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Brash View Post
    As stated many times above, I'd agree that adding a BoA tome is the way to do it. I really cant understand why people have a problem with this, the only argument that holds any ground is, "HOW I GRIEF U IF U FLY?!?!?" Not sure how much ground but its there.

    Saying that wanting flying = wanting full Heroic Raid/Elite PVP gear is just asinine, especially when in the same post the poster says that leveling is already easy, so what about flying will ruin this easy and mindless task?

    Lets do a real world application of this. I get a haircut 5 times and the barber gives me a punch card for a free haircut next time I come in. Does that mean I want free haircuts for life after my first cut? And ya apples to oranges whatever you want, it's essentially the same thing, A small reward for repeat business. It keeps people coming back, which is the point right?

    Either way I'll level my alts, I just dont see the problem with flying after Ive seen the scenery and worked my way up to 90.
    That application doesn't fit in the slightest. Leveling is easy, mounts don't at all affect difficulty of quests. Someone saying questing is easy has no bearing on mounts.

    In recap, you just want something for nothing. I am backing Blizzard in this. Your "repeat customer" thing is a moot point, especially since you end your post by saying you will keep leveling alts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    We've repeatedly polled it here, where there are *more* hardcore players than average and clearly a vocal group in favour of removing flying mounts, and it always ends up demonstrating they are a vocal minority and the vast majority want their flying mounts. And who can blame them, flying on a dragon is awesome.
    This means nothing at all. Seriously. Nothing at all. You especially can't prove how much of the population on MMO are "hardcore" or which "side" votes the most, or even chose to vote. Horrible logic. Fallacies = puke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
    Stupid! New things are always much better then the old things...
    New Star wars > old Star wars (crappy special effects anyone lol!)
    Justine Beiber > the beatles (shitty copycats music lol!)
    Twilligt > dracula, do I even need to comment loooool
    yea its probably nostalgia

  19. #199
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Too bad the vocal minority who posts on the official forums gets its way most of the time, eh? >.<
    I can understand the pvpers to some extent, but they are the minority (most people forget the majority of players are on pve servers), and surely their issue could be fixed with no fly zones on those servers or something?

    The rest of the bandwagon seems to be people who feel they should be awarded special hardcore points for making things as boring and difficult as possible because wow is their job. I have zero sympathy for that. If someone wants it to be harder then they can make it harder themselves by just not using the mount, there's no need to force their gameplay choices/preferences on everyone. Blizz keeps stating they're moving to people having more choice about how they play, which makes perfect sense to me, so it's just beyond me why people are so desperate to take choice away for others.

  20. #200
    Field Marshal Vejovis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    85
    Your OWN choice to do alts.. deal with it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •