Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post

LOL don't over exaggerate to prove a point. In a game where you can only sense what is going on by sight (Mainly) there really isn;t a huge difference between moving the xy or z axis.
    Your opinions on what you enjoy aren't everyone else's. That's why it's bad to impose things that one person enjoys onto everyone.

I'm really not exaggerating. I genuinely love flying. It's one of my favourite things in game. It literally makes everything I do more fun if I can do it flying. My reaction to my first 90 wasn't 'Yay I'm 90' it was 'Yay I can fly'.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I could, but I am lazy and they are featured on MMO quite often. Ghostcrawler alone couldn't be the sole person holding back this decision.
    Right so you have no proof then.

Ghostcrawler said he dislikes flying personally, that's about all there is afaik, and your total lack of evidence that all these other statements exist isn't convincing me otherwise. You want to assert something you should be prepared to back it up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    [...]

b) As you said, just likes the old slow lvling grind. I personally would love a future MMO with very little or no lvling. Wow exspansions could easly be done without a new level cap to.
    Interestingly there are MMORPGs out there where your level merely means what you have unlocked because when you go to an old area, you are downleveled so you cannot faceroll the content. This means old content you decided to skip remains relevant, and allows you to explore on your own without the fear of having skipped content you later are unable to truly experience. With this, I mean, if you are level 90 and going to MC or go do some quests in Tanaris you're simply not experiencing it as the way it was designed.

---------- Post added 2013-01-19 at 01:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    BoA book would solve the issue. it's a shame blizz listened to the "we hatez flying" mini-crowd in cata.
    Heirlooms are too strong. They trivialize the content in such way that you get level 90 who have no clue how to play their class. It is OK to challenge the player during leveling. If heirlooms are worse than the drops from quests and instances it'd be alright (they still have 2 functions: more XP and auto adjust to level without needing the gear to drop). But in the end I'd say downleveling a character based on their location is a better method; then high level vs low level is also more fair.

Deleted
    I used to have 15 alts in max lvl, then I took dmg from non-flying and now only 6 max.
    Please LET ME FLY! Even if it'd cost 100k each char to fly in lvl 85 I still would buy it. I FUCKING HATE USING ONLY GROUND MOUNTS.

they should unlock flying at level 85 for sure. if you want to use your ground mount and enjoy the scenery or whatever you still can, not giving us the option of how we want to enjoy the content in a game we pay to play is ridiculous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peteypuff View Post
    not giving us the option of how we want to enjoy the content in a game we pay to play is ridiculous.
    Yea why don't they just give you a level 90 when you login, put you in a room with a chest in it and when you open it up it has all the tier gear you could ever want, all the legendaries and a million gold. That would be fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MickM View Post
    You can still take Flightpoints?
    And if your guild is high enough level, the flight paths end up being faster than flying from point to point manually. Keep it the way it is, I say.

because warriors know how to teleport lol
    Because a panda ( bear ) cant be druid since druids can change form into bear. Makes sense. A gnomes exist a they can ride big horses....

dreaming is different from changing places. you never had the skill of flying, so nobody took it from you. when the worgen travels from gilneas to darnasus, he forgets how to ride horses. he loses a skill he already had. the game took it from him for no reason other than artificially gating mounts.

this comparison is so ridiculous and flat out wrong that I don't even know why I'm taking my time to answer to it lol
    Perhaps that was some extra smart horse with high IQ so Worgen didnt really had to ride him, or know how to ride him? Or w8 big purple dragons exist and everyone can tame one and use them to commute to work every day...

Deleted
    I also like not being able to fly, it opens lots of new things for the game, plus more encounters with the other factions (PvP) which was pretty much dead in Cataclysm, you could ONLY do it in Tol Barad which I thought was mind numbingly tedious.

Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    In tbc was like that and everyone claims they loved it ... unbelieavable right ?

In wotlk was like that till 77 and everyone claims they loved it .. unbelieavable right ?
    We got flying mounts IN TBC, so quite hard to fly at level 60 back then....

Quote Originally Posted by ironik View Post
    And if your guild is high enough level, the flight paths end up being faster than flying from point to point manually. Keep it the way it is, I say.
    This is a very silly point, we all know it is faster to quest/travel with flight (particularly if you are a druid with insta cast flight form); you spend maybe 10% of your time from 85-90 travelling between flight points, most of your travelling is done to and from quest objectives, which are scattered around particular quest hubs between flight points.

well in wrath I remember being able to buy a BoA flying book to send to your lazy alts, is there no similar system this time around?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    well in wrath I remember being able to buy a BoA flying book to send to your lazy alts, is there no similar system this time around?
    Nope, and there should be one. "Amazing" quest experiences are stupid if forced, then they aren't so amazing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Nope, and there should be one. "Amazing" quest experiences are stupid if forced, then they aren't so amazing.
    they're also only amazing the first through (maybe) third time you do them.

I will (once this pally is done) have levelled 9 toons through Northrend. It was awesome the first time, cool the second, awesome again the third (new faction) and then it just became the single most awful thing in existence. 6 toons through cata. You know how cool Hyjal was the first time? it's that level of cool, but in the awful direction now.

I'm not saying "I have a toon at 90, gief free 90s". What I am saying is that you removed flying so that we could experience the questing as it was "intended". Well if we have a 90 then we have experienced it. Let me buy a BoA tome for a reasonable fee and let me fly.
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    I'm not saying "I have a toon at 90, gief free 90s". What I am saying is that you removed flying so that we could experience the questing as it was "intended". Well if we have a 90 then we have experienced it. Let me buy a BoA tome for a reasonable fee and let me fly.
    This and I think it's time for 85-90 BoA's. Preferably all BoA's extending to 90. And for the love of God, nerf Outlands experience and buff the quest XP given there. Same goes for MOP questing now.

The gearing grind at 90 is painful enough without the leveling grind, but at least when doing gear at 90 you are doing endgame content with other players, not dungeons/CRZ's with drooling retards.

10+ Year Old Account
    whats so funny at 90 that u have too rush too anyway?
    i like the lvling the "moveing forward" part.. when u ding 90 its just a brick wall off dailies, raids, PvP etc.. no real progress forward just get gear, get better.. then what? its always the same over and over.. if u are lvling u are atleast moveing forward all the time

I've always been the person that thinks that challenge should be genuine that makes sense and not mindless padding to make things take more time than they have to. It's okay to have longevity in a game, but when I play a game, I want the challenge I beat to, one, lead to a reward that's worth the effort, and for what I go through to test my skills and not my patience.

In other words, I don't want the game's challenge to just me wondering when I'm ever going to get done, and not any real test of skill and honing things.

What is going on by the time you get to the third alt or whatever (if you're an altoholic like I am) is that the game becomes more of the test of patience rather than skill. That's not a good thing, mind you. This is why we have the heirlooms. So your alts can get to the good shit quicker and not have to continue doing the same quests you've done all those other times before for too long. It's Blizz's way of giving you a break.

Thing is, I can't understand why people WANT to test their own patience with things like that. Doing the same quests the same way ten times over doesn't teach me anything new about the game, doesn't make me learn any new skills (besides the rotations of the class I'm on, which I should know something about by the point I get there, anyway), and doesn't have any real reward for me other than the XP and gold that I'm gonna end up getting, anyway.

And this is what many of us that wouldn't mind the option of the tome being there are saying. What do we learn from the restriction being there once we've done the initial run? What new challenge is there that makes us hone our skills at any point? I'm not saying the no flying till max level shouldn't be there at all (no one is: it's silly to think people are saying THAT), but how many alts do you level to 90 before it just gets repetitive and a test of patience? No one is saying that the experience as a whole is repetitive. On the contrary: I think the story lines in MoP are some of the better ones that Blizzard has created for the game, and some, like the Tillers, are ones I don't mind reliving on different toons. That being said, it can be too harsh on altoholics, especially when Blizz is trying to encourage people to roll them (hell, if they didn't want us to, they wouldn't have added that 11th slot).
    I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space, with the tuning fork, does a raw blink on Hari-Kari rock! I need scissors! 61!

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    they're also only amazing the first through (maybe) third time you do them.

I will (once this pally is done) have levelled 9 toons through Northrend. It was awesome the first time, cool the second, awesome again the third (new faction) and then it just became the single most awful thing in existence. 6 toons through cata. You know how cool Hyjal was the first time? it's that level of cool, but in the awful direction now.

A person with over 6000 posts agreeing with me. As far as MMO C forum logic goes, I believe that means I've won my argument. Ty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once you play through a toon on horseback and train flight for the new zones upon reaching max level, all of your alts should have flight unlocked. I get it, they want us to quest through content at ground-level when the content is new; but eventually, no one gives a shit about scenery and just wants to get through the grind as painlessly as possible.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    A person with over 6000 posts agreeing with me. As far as MMO C forum logic goes, I believe that means I've won my argument. Ty.
    so, now that i've had the fact that i have so many mmo-c posts on this account pointed out to me, I think i'm going to go cry in a corner about the complete lack of a life i must lead

brb
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Deleted
    I don't get it either, i have 3 90's now and have some other characters at 85 from cataclysm that i wanted to level up, but due to not being able to fly i really don't feel like it ;/