Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I honestly don't give two shits about the quest text, sad as it may seem. I hit accept and get on with my business. I suggest an heirloom tome for flying, sort of like the thing you had in (early?) wotlk, iirc. If you've seen it once, then, well, you've seen it and shoudn't need to go through it again and again. It's like... I dunno, Lord of the Rings (the films), they're epic when you see them for the first time, but when it's dialogue and in particular anything involving Frodo crying like the whiny pussy he is, you just want to fast forward that shit.

I think they should only allow flying at level caps of 60 70 80 85 and 90 in between ground only.

won't happen, even the new zone coming in 5.2 won't have flying in it. If anything they are going to become more strict on flying rather than more lenient. Get over it!

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    /flips his cape and tips his magic hat

Once again, ladies and gentlemen, Wrath of the Lich King proves how they got it perfectly right!

Just like WotLK did when you hit 80, simply add a purchasable account-bound tomb for those with Pandaria flying at level 90 to send to your alts.

I really agree, I've leveled a few to 90's already a BOA tome would be perfect, and if you don't want it you don't have to buy it simple, not like people are being forced to fly if they don't want to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    Why do I even bother posting on these forums you people are masochists.
    It doesn't much matter what you suggest, most people are going to shoot down the idea because the last time they came up with an idea people shot it down and they want to do the same, and so on and so on.

Sometimes there are really good ideas that get shot down though and then later people stumble across them and admit their blindness, aka my LFR thread that I put on the official forums a few months before the LFR we ended up getting was announced. All the elitsts shot it down and accused me of wanting welfare gear (even though I said very clearly I didn't think it should even drop any gear...see, most people don't even bother to read your post before they post their disapproval, another reason to take it with a grain of salt) and said that if such a thing ever happened they'd quit the game for good. I went back into the thread a couple months into Dragon Soul and necroed it showing them out for the liars they are, linking their armories with DS LFR gear and all. It was pretty funny.

So...yeah, don't worry about it

Let me just click "Add 5 levels" to all my lvl 85 alts come oooooooooooonnn.
    And I wont have to level ever again come oooooooooonn........

Live with it.

Back in my day we didn't have these fancy flying contraptions! Not only that we had to walk 15 miles up hill both ways to and from the quest givers!

But in all seriousness, yes they should add tomes for alts. If they want it to be like that the first play through, sure, w/e, lets do that. But once everyone has a 90 main that is flying around already, it is pointless to be the only toon in the zone on a ground mount.

The arguments against it are amusing as well. "stop whining" "flying is boring" "something about free levels that has no relation".
    Last edited by Cerebrate; 2013-01-18 at 07:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

Just my toughs aswell OP. Some people on this forum got

a) No goal once end-game, aka really casual players or just dont care about things on 90

b) As you said, just likes the old slow lvling grind. I personally would love a future MMO with very little or no lvling. Wow exspansions could easly be done without a new level cap to.

Edit: PS I lvl'd characters back in classic wow, 3-4 of them to be excact if you dont count my druid, and only one of them made it to level 60. My hunter who only made it to level 40 had over 10 days played. Dont come and say I haven't been enjoying the slow grinding Now days its just not fun anymore, atleast for maybe old time players who wanna have a fresh exsperience at level max.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2013-01-18 at 07:12 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, If u want a easy game try Habbo

So...you're implying that blizzard forces us to use ground mounds to make questing harder, and I'm asking for flying mounts to make questing easier?

I never knew that blizzard forced us to use ground mounts to make questing harder, which makes your assumption about my desires false, since I only ask for flying mounts because I assumed they wanted us to use ground mount to experience the "culture" in pandaria, which I clearly stated in my first post that I had experienced enough, and wanted to move past it at a pace which my worked for flying mount would normally allow me to on my alts while leveling in BC, WOTLK and Cataclysm, something which I did on them while I leveled them.

And assuming they would give me a flying mount, what would be considered as a "freebie" in leveling my alt with a flyin mount? You're saying my mount would be free? No dude, I paid over 12000g to use my flying mount, there was nothing free about it. You're saying leveling would be free? No dude, I would still have to do it. What would be a freebie exactly?

I don't know what the hell you're trying to "show me", or what you think that "I'm showing" by calling you out, since the more you type the more you twist and lie about eveything I said in my previous posts, which makes you look more and more and more arrogant and simply put, too stupid to understand anything except your imagined conversations.
    my god you can't read, he didn't say anything about difficulty, though I will say flying MAKES IT EASY to quest as you go way faster and bypass any obstacles between point A and B.

he also said "you just want the rewards with less time spent doing it to which I say, hell why don't you just ask for all the freebies you can get, amIright?", which he meant since you want things quicker (aka. easier too) WHY NOT ASK for all freebies you can get. Since you can't read it the first time.

STOP ACTING like 12k is soooo hard to come by over the course of leveling, I have leveled multiple toons and getting gold for flying was NEVER a problem.

btw where the hell did the "show me" "I'm showing" crap come from? You need to chill in you dumb hatred at DeadManWalking cause your acting like a little child. go ahead and rage at me since im just passing through and probably wont be by to see it anyway.

While flying mounts would be nice, personally I think the worst part about levelling alts in pandaria is the near total lack of variability each time.
    I've done 3 characters so far, planning on another 3-4 and I KNOW I'm going to be doing Jade Forest all 3-4 times.
    Sure I can kinda mix it up afterwards, but I don't know whether it was me sucking on my paladin first time around, but townlong and dread wastes (did all of Jade, Valley and Krasarang, skipped Kun-lai) were by far and away the most awfully painful levelling experiences I've had in wow that I can remember.

I'm sure everyone has had their go-to favourite levelling paths through each of the expansions, which over time have dropped entire zones with the introduction of heirlooms, guild perks and xp nerfs/gains specifically in Wrath and TBC, but MoP and to a slightly lesser extent Cata have few to no options to vary your path, and as of yet haven't been hit with the nerf hammer xp wise giving you almost no option for variability.

Also, the whole flying mount (since that kinda ties in with the point im going for) skipping content has never held much weight with me, you aren't skipping content, you are still doing the quests, you are just avoiding the crap being the quest hub and your quest zone, stuff that 9 times out of 10 people just mount through on a ground mount anyway and pray they don't get dismounted, flying takes some of the risk out of it sure. I feel that if you are new to the game this expansion, then you probably won't miss the lack of flying mounts, if you have been around for an expansion or more, this expac is more of the same, collect quest, kill stuff, complete quest move on, you probably weren't paying attention anyway and as such you are basically "skipping" the content anyway, far more so than flying over non-quest mobs or avoiding gankers is skipping content.

I don't want to fly, therefore, no one should be able to fly.

- 80% of the people who post on these kinds of topics.

I guess there is a whiny people forum somewhere. Porobably one that wants all classes to 90 once you hit 9 on your first toon as well.

There really isn't a forced leveling path. Its of course not as loose as the Wrath model, But its not as rigid as you guys are implying. OUt of my 3 I have done:

1) Jade - Valley - Townlong - Dread
    2) Jade - Valley - Summit - Dread
    3) Jade - Valley - Dungeons - Dread

Jade is the only one forced on you. I did Valley and Dread all three times for rep purposed.

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 02:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    I don't want to fly, therefore, no one should be able to fly.

- 80% of the people who post on these kinds of topics.
    So the other 20 % should take precedence over the 80%? Makes sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    I don't remember a single person saying they loved ground till 77, TBC is a totally different story considering nobody was used to flying at all until they got it.

I'm a little lost on how flying = being bored by the story. When I have leveled there is very little if anything to see that you don't see while doing the quests anyway.

I liked being on the ground in Northrend until 77, it was a great levelling experience.

Not so much in MoP, where the really badly written, infantile quests with no nuance or depth really annoyed me. Fighting bunnies? Scatological jokes all over the place with Hozen? really really bad zone stories and cliched chinese stereotypes.....no thanks, just make it end.

You are lucky flying is in the game at all, given that many people, including some Blizzard employees, feel they hurt the game. Quit griping.

10+ Year Old Account
    They need to sell the heirloom tome of flying for level 90s to buy

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    But if you fly, how will I have fun ganking you?
    You'll fight someone your own level instead?

Oh, wait. Silly me. I forgot, world PvPers have no skill. They can't take anyone on their own level.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by caboosefanatic View Post

he also said "you just want the rewards with less time spent doing it to which I say, hell why don't you just ask for all the freebies you can get, amIright?", which he meant since you want things quicker (aka. easier too) WHY NOT ASK for all freebies you can get. Since you can't read it the first time.
    Why not ask for freebies? Because I didn't ask for a freebie. I'm not a whiner complaining that daily quests are too hard to do, that lfr doesn't give me enough loot, that I should get better gear for less work. I don't ask for freebies, I ask for access to content which is already in the game, in this case flying mounts.

It has nothing to do with the cost being 12 000. It could be 1g or it could be 100 000g. The fact remains that flying is not a freebie. Blizzard's original motive for disallowing flying mounts was because they wanted us to "experience" pandaria. Done. I've experienced it enough. Now that I'm tired of "experiencing it", I want access my flying mount to level my alts faster, like I'm doing across the BC, WOTLK and Cata leveling field. There's nothing left for me to "experience" in pandaria. I'm not asking for them to reduce leveling XP or give me free level 90s, I'm asking for access for something I've already worked for to be used on my alts.

Continuing to tell me that I'm asking for freebies will just continue to make you look like a total idiot, whether you're posting on your main or your alt, which you use to support your main, which is also idiotic, because you sound exactly the same.

Why not ask for freebies? Because I didn't ask for a freebie. I'm not a whiner complaining that daily quests are too hard to do, that lfr doesn't give me enough loot, that I should get better gear for less work. I don't ask for freebies, I ask for access to content which is already in the game, in this case flying mounts.

It has nothing to do with the cost being 12 000. It could be 1g or it could be 100 000g. The fact remains that flying is not a freebie. Blizzard's original motive for disallowing flying mounts was because they wanted us to "experience" pandaria. Done. I've experienced it enough. Now that I'm tired of "experiencing it", I want access my flying mount to level my alts faster, like I'm doing across the BC, WOTLK and Cata leveling field. There's nothing left for me to "experience" in pandaria. I'm not asking for them to reduce leveling XP or give me free level 90s, I'm asking for access for something I've already worked for to be used on my alts.

Continuing to tell me that I'm asking for freebies will just continue to make you look like a total idiot, whether you're posting on your main or your alt, which you use to support your main, which is also idiotic, because you sound exactly the same.
    You have not earned it on that character yet, as you are not level 90 on it yet.

Says the guy who somehow need four max lvl alts