Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
LastLast
  1. #201
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    This means nothing at all. Seriously. Nothing at all. You especially can't prove how much of the population on MMO are "hardcore" or which "side" votes the most, or even chose to vote. Horrible logic. Fallacies = puke.
    So you have better evidence then? Lack of evidence being proof is also a fallacy I believe so puke to you as well?

    The fact is there is not a single poll out there that supports a majority wanting flying removed. You can quibble with the polls all you want, but they're still indicative of the general attitude of people.

    And of course mmo champ has more hardcore people than an average server pop. It is a gaming site, the people who use it are more serious about the game and interested in it than people who don't bother to use gaming sites at all.

  2. #202
    I am Murloc! Lemonpartyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ironforge
    Posts
    5,722
    Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    I can understand the pvpers to some extent, but they are the minority (most people forget the majority of players are on pve servers), and surely their issue could be fixed with no fly zones on those servers or something?

    The rest of the bandwagon seems to be people who feel they should be awarded special hardcore points for making things as boring and difficult as possible because wow is their job. I have zero sympathy for that. If someone wants it to be harder then they can make it harder themselves by just not using the mount, there's no need to force their gameplay choices/preferences on everyone. Blizz keeps stating they're moving to people having more choice about how they play, which makes perfect sense to me, so it's just beyond me why people are so desperate to take choice away for others.
    Using ground mounts does not make anything harder at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
    Stupid! New things are always much better then the old things...
    New Star wars > old Star wars (crappy special effects anyone lol!)
    Justine Beiber > the beatles (shitty copycats music lol!)
    Twilligt > dracula, do I even need to comment loooool
    yea its probably nostalgia

  3. #203
    The Patient AnotherInternetOpinion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    I've had enough of pandaren "culture" on 2 alts to last me for 10 lifetimes, is there really a point to still enforce the no flying rule?

    You can't even pick different starting zones to level and having to endure their "we're peaceful but go kill 90% of the local wildlife and populace" bs at ground mount leveling speed is just torture.
    Play another game? Do something else? Go outside?
    Why must all you people come here and cry about the game we love?
    Back in my day gaming forums were for useful information.

  4. #204
    I am Murloc! Lemonpartyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ironforge
    Posts
    5,722
    Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    So you have better evidence then? Lack of evidence being proof is also a fallacy I believe so puke to you as well?

    The fact is there is not a single poll out there that supports a majority wanting flying removed. You can quibble with the polls all you want, but they're still indicative of the general attitude of people.

    And of course mmo champ has more hardcore people than an average server pop. It is a gaming site, the people who use it are more serious about the game and interested in it than people who don't bother to use gaming sites at all.
    I have not claimed to have other proof, thats why I don't make ridiculous claims like " we had a very limited poll that not everyone filled out, on a site that not everyone uses" you know?

    No, polls are not indicative of a majority, or a minority, or anything else like you claim. You can only say 'Of the people that took this specific poll, more of them wanted flying in Pandaria." Thats it.

    Again, I back Blizzard in their choice, and in their thoughts that adding flying mounts in the first place was a bad idea. I LOVE the fact they have no been added in Rift.(Yet)

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 10:19 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by AnotherInternetOpinion View Post
    Play another game? Do something else? Go outside?
    Why must all you people come here and cry about the game we love?
    Back in my day gaming forums were for useful information.
    Yessir. I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
    Stupid! New things are always much better then the old things...
    New Star wars > old Star wars (crappy special effects anyone lol!)
    Justine Beiber > the beatles (shitty copycats music lol!)
    Twilligt > dracula, do I even need to comment loooool
    yea its probably nostalgia

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    That application doesn't fit in the slightest. Leveling is easy, mounts don't at all affect difficulty of quests. Someone saying questing is easy has no bearing on mounts.

    In recap, you just want something for nothing. I am backing Blizzard in this. Your "repeat customer" thing is a moot point, especially since you end your post by saying you will keep leveling alts.
    Leveling is easy and mounts have no bearing on difficulty? So what does me flying or riding change exactly then, that you are so vehemently against? You are just saying no for the sake of saying no.

    As far as the repeat customer thing, I might go to a different barber but thanks to the stamp card I'm definitely going back to him.
    "Dear your holiness, your army is safe and sound, they're down here dying for you."
    Bayside is a cult.

  6. #206
    Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    In tbc was like that and everyone claims they loved it ... unbelieavable right ?

    In wotlk was like that till 77 and everyone claims they loved it .. unbelieavable right ?
    Apparently not "everyone" liked it because Blizzard reverted the ability to fly, in Wrath, to 70 around mid-way through the expansion.

    Blizzard has expressed a self-centered interest in keeping people "on the ground" as long as possible so that we are forced to see the content they worked on. I suspect (and hope) that they'll change this around the mid-point of the expansion, much in the same way that they did during Wrath.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 10:33 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Vejovis View Post
    Your OWN choice to do alts.. deal with it.
    Blizzard makes their money off of people grinding alts. It's been that way since Wrath and Cata really accelerated it. As such it wouldn't be unreasonable for Blizzard, maybe half way into the expansion or so, to make flying available at level 85. By that point most of the player-base will have seen the content from the ground, which was Blizzards reason for not granting flight until 90.

    And it's worth noting that Blizzard could have made flying available at level 85 and let the players choose how they wanted to see the content. THAT would have made it the choice of the player-base. Right now Blizzard is more interested in forcing people to see the "content" they always brag about working so hard on.

  7. #207
    MID-WAY was not 4 months for wrath, wrath was around for 2 years before cata launched (tad less than 2 years before MoP) = about 1 year had passed before the patch for the tome of flying, if people could survive that long before I think people can survive that again. There was alot more open space in wrath than MoP, in MoP everything is maybe a minute run to get to them its not that hard to quest by ground mount.

    ps- i dont mind there being a tome or something of the like, I just want something for like 87 or 88, NOT 85

  8. #208
    I am Murloc! Lemonpartyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ironforge
    Posts
    5,722
    Quote Originally Posted by Brash View Post
    Leveling is easy and mounts have no bearing on difficulty? So what does me flying or riding change exactly then, that you are so vehemently against? You are just saying no for the sake of saying no.

    As far as the repeat customer thing, I might go to a different barber but thanks to the stamp card I'm definitely going back to him.
    Vehemently? Uhh? Man. The whiners in this thread are the most over dramatic bunch I swear. I support Blizzard in saying its a bad choice. I think its toxic to many parts of the game. Its anti-social, it makes parts of the game easier that don't need to be easier, parts of the game faster, that are already fast,.

    Flying mounts are in no way necessary, they don't make quests easier. Having to use ground mounts aren't torture, it doesn't make anything grueling. If you guys really feel this way about PLAYING THE GAME, then maybe you should stop playing games in general. If flying mounts had never been given in the first place, I doubt there would be anywhere near as much bitching.
    Quote Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
    Stupid! New things are always much better then the old things...
    New Star wars > old Star wars (crappy special effects anyone lol!)
    Justine Beiber > the beatles (shitty copycats music lol!)
    Twilligt > dracula, do I even need to comment loooool
    yea its probably nostalgia

  9. #209
    Quote Originally Posted by caboosefanatic View Post
    MID-WAY was not 4 months for wrath, wrath was around for 2 years before cata launched (tad less than 2 years before MoP) = about 1 year had passed before the patch for the tome of flying, if people could survive that long before I think people can survive that again. There was alot more open space in wrath than MoP, in MoP everything is maybe a minute run to get to them its not that hard to quest by ground mount.

    ps- i dont mind there being a tome or something of the like, I just want something for like 87 or 88, NOT 85
    Problem is that TBC didn't encourage people to have one or more of every class to be at 70 where as CATA, leaned towards alts with the fast progression and slow new content output.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 07:53 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Vehemently? Uhh? Man. The whiners in this thread are the most over dramatic bunch I swear. I support Blizzard in saying its a bad choice. I think its toxic to many parts of the game. Its anti-social, it makes parts of the game easier that don't need to be easier, parts of the game faster, that are already fast,.

    Flying mounts are in no way necessary, they don't make quests easier. Having to use ground mounts aren't torture, it doesn't make anything grueling. If you guys really feel this way about PLAYING THE GAME, then maybe you should stop playing games in general. If flying mounts had never been given in the first place, I doubt there would be anywhere near as much bitching.
    You keep avoiding my question and call me a whiner for questioning you. Well played I guess. You also keep defeating your own point by saying that either way questing is the same, so I'll assume you agree with me.
    Last edited by Brash; 2013-01-19 at 03:57 AM.
    "Dear your holiness, your army is safe and sound, they're down here dying for you."
    Bayside is a cult.

  10. #210
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,170
    Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    In tbc was like that and everyone claims they loved it ... unbelieavable right ?

    In wotlk was like that till 77 and everyone claims they loved it .. unbelieavable right ?
    I hated it. Every time.

  11. #211
    Um..The problem with not being able to fly in pandaria is the lvl90's. All the lvl90's camping people in MoP zones. They can all play away woooo. And we cannot get away. We cant just res and fly off..WE CANT FLY. We get forced to either afk for like 2 hrs. Or Res via dead lady. Which delays you 10 mins if you had rly bad gear. Or if its by the person camping you..get forced to die again.

  12. #212
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post

    You don't know that at all. Sorry, I doubt you have access to such information. Making such claims is just a tired old fallacy you probably heard some casual/easy-mode players make.

    My comment to you only reflected your own illogical claim. You stated 20% of thee players want flying. This can only mean the other 80& either don't want them or don't care. Thats your own made up numbers of course... butttt.
    You're getting caught up in the admittedly fabricated details and missing the point: YOU NOT WANTING TO USE FLYING MOUNTS IS NOT A GOOD ENOUGH REASON TO DENY OTHERS THEM. If you don't want to fly, don't fly.

  13. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by Vejovis View Post
    Your OWN choice to do alts.. deal with it.
    Yeah it's our choice when we can't play our mains because blizzard refuses to merge servers or even lower the transfer cost


    it's totally our choice...
    Last edited by Shink; 2013-01-19 at 04:04 AM.

  14. #214
    I am Murloc! Lemonpartyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ironforge
    Posts
    5,722
    Quote Originally Posted by Brash View Post
    Problem is that TBC didn't encourage people to have one or more of every class to be at 70 where as CATA, leaned towards alts with the fast progression and slow new content output.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 07:53 PM ----------



    You keep avoiding my question and call me a whiner for questioning you. Well played I guess. You also keep defeating your own point by saying that either way questing is the same, so I'll assume you agree with me.
    No. You can reverse that crappy logic. "questing is the same, don't need em" WHICH IS TRUE. I did directly answer you. Good try though.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 11:05 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    You're getting caught up in the admittedly fabricated details and missing the point: YOU NOT WANTING TO USE FLYING MOUNTS IS NOT A GOOD ENOUGH REASON TO DENY OTHERS THEM. If you don't want to fly, don't fly.
    For one, everything you do affects my gameplay. Thats what you are forgetting. This is not a one player game. So get over that crappy argument. Everything is give and take. I don't have to use bad feature of the time, but this in no way means my gameplay will not be affected by their being implemented.

    Again, I agree with Blizzard.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shink View Post
    Yeah it's our choice when we can't play our mains when blizzard refuses to merge servers or even lower the transfer cost


    it's totally our choice...
    That literally has 0 to do with it. You can still play your main unless they discontinued your server, which is false. Serving merging or transfer cost does not prohibit you from playing your main.

    You can still play other characters. Ground mounts until 90 does not prohibit you from playing alts. It apparently only turns you into a whiny baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
    Stupid! New things are always much better then the old things...
    New Star wars > old Star wars (crappy special effects anyone lol!)
    Justine Beiber > the beatles (shitty copycats music lol!)
    Twilligt > dracula, do I even need to comment loooool
    yea its probably nostalgia

  15. #215
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    No. You can reverse that crappy logic. "questing is the same, don't need em" WHICH IS TRUE. I did directly answer you. Good try though.
    I also never said that questing now is torture. It's not about wanting things handed to me. It's about want to do things the most efficient way possible. You latched on to one part of my first post and used it as a way to berate me. I feel like a BoA tome is a happy medium, and the only thing against flying after experiencing the whole leveling experience is for the people who like to grief players by camping lvl 85's on their 90's. I play on a PvE realm btw so ganking doesn't effect me.

    I don't see how flying ruins the social aspect of the game. Personally I never see anyone while leveling, and if I do its just so they can snag a quest mob before I get a chance to hit it. If anything the tagging and solo questing experience is far worse for the social aspect than merely flying around from hub to hub.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 08:13 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    You can still play other characters. Ground mounts until 90 does not prohibit you from playing alts. It apparently only turns you into a whiny baby.
    It's funny how your go-to for anyone with a different opinion from yours is, Whiny baby QQ. Guess it's not worth debating with you since all you do is dodge questions and insult people.
    "Dear your holiness, your army is safe and sound, they're down here dying for you."
    Bayside is a cult.

  16. #216
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    That literally has 0 to do with it. You can still play your main unless they discontinued your server, which is false. Serving merging or transfer cost does not prohibit you from playing your main.

    You can still play other characters. Ground mounts until 90 does not prohibit you from playing alts. It apparently only turns you into a whiny baby.
    Yeah i can totally log on to my main and play it, I can't find anyone to raid with, pvp, CMs, Achivements, or plainly find a guild at all,


    Guess how much of the game that leaves me? around like 20%, Justify that

  17. #217
    I am Murloc! Lemonpartyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ironforge
    Posts
    5,722
    Quote Originally Posted by Brash View Post
    I also never said that questing now is torture. It's not about wanting things handed to me. It's about want to do things the most efficient way possible. You latched on to one part of my first post and used it as a way to berate me. I feel like a BoA tome is a happy medium, and the only thing against flying after experiencing the whole leveling experience is for the people who like to grief players by camping lvl 85's on their 90's. I play on a PvE realm btw so ganking doesn't effect me.

    I don't see how flying ruins the social aspect of the game. Personally I never see anyone while leveling, and if I do its just so they can snag a quest mob before I get a chance to hit it. If anything the tagging and solo questing experience is far worse for the social aspect than merely flying around from hub to hub.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 08:13 PM ----------



    It's funny how your go-to for anyone with a different opinion from yours is, Whiny baby QQ. Guess it's not worth debating with you since all you do is dodge questions and insult people.
    No, I haven't dodged a question. You literally just replied to me in this very same post about reasons why I dislike flying mounts. So that's just a lie. =\ And yes, sorry, crying that you "can't play your main because you want a server xfer" is just that; QQ.

    Also, quest mobs can be killed together without a group. They reformed that tagging system already.

    Yes, many people in favor flying all the time have called questing anf such "torture, grueling, too hard, etc" ...

    This logic about "it doesn't affect you" could be used to say "Blizzard give me money and free gear, it doesn't affect Brash or anyone else" ..... It doesn't does it?

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 11:23 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Shink View Post
    Yeah i can totally log on to my main and play it, I can't find anyone to raid with, pvp, CMs, Achivements, or plainly find a guild at all,


    Guess how much of the game that leaves me? around like 20%, Justify that
    I don't need to justify that. Thats not my, or Blizzards fault. Somehow I doubt all the guilds on your server are full, or you happen to be the only one.

    I also doubt you have all the achievements you can get solo already.

    LFR is a raid.

    PVP has all kinds of "random" cross server options.

    Even so, you can do many cross server things now anyway. I'm pretty sure you can crosss server arena and BG, and most of the old raids you can do cross server.

    You're right, you can't do cross server raids or join a cross server guild to my knowledge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
    Stupid! New things are always much better then the old things...
    New Star wars > old Star wars (crappy special effects anyone lol!)
    Justine Beiber > the beatles (shitty copycats music lol!)
    Twilligt > dracula, do I even need to comment loooool
    yea its probably nostalgia

  18. #218
    Quote Originally Posted by caboosefanatic View Post
    MID-WAY was not 4 months for wrath, wrath was around for 2 years before cata launched (tad less than 2 years before MoP) = about 1 year had passed before the patch for the tome of flying, if people could survive that long before I think people can survive that again. There was alot more open space in wrath than MoP, in MoP everything is maybe a minute run to get to them its not that hard to quest by ground mount.
    Yeah seriously why is this? Does more pixel space cost Blizzard more money or what?

    Offtopic that really cheapened MoP for me, one of the appeals of WoW for me beyond pvp and raids was having this huge open world to explore. I remember seeing Ulduar for the first time and just thinking, "wow". The scale was massive and it literally took my breath away. I NEVER EVER NOT ONCE had that feeling so far in MoP, in Cata the zones were also small and unimpressive except for maybe the inside of the Firelands instance.

    Ontopic, it is still early in the expansion so hopefully we'll see an implementation of some sort of tome feature eventually.

  19. #219
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Using ground mounts does not make anything harder at all.
    It makes the game less fun though.

    Seriously flying is fun. It's enjoyable. I love being able to fly. I love that I'm riding a dragon. I love seeing the wow world from the sky. I love exploring on my flying mount. I love being able to move around efficiently.

    Re the harder comment though what is it that having no ground mounts for anyone would bring to wow that outweighs the costs (aside from world pvp)?



    ---------- Post added 2013-01-19 at 05:01 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I have not claimed to have other proof, thats why I don't make ridiculous claims like " we had a very limited poll that not everyone filled out, on a site that not everyone uses" you know?
    I know you haven't claimed to have other proof but you are using the lack of proof to argue you're right 'you can't prove me wrong therefore I must be right', which is a fallacy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    No, polls are not indicative of a majority, or a minority, or anything else like you claim. You can only say 'Of the people that took this specific poll, more of them wanted flying in Pandaria." Thats it.
    That's still more than you have.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Again, I back Blizzard in their choice, and in their thoughts that adding flying mounts in the first place was a bad idea. I LOVE the fact they have no been added in Rift.
    Yes rift is so successful compared to wow, obviously they're doing it right.

    Can you provide me with a quote from Blizzard? Because the only one I've seen is the quote from Ghostcrawler, which he makes clear is a personal opinion.
    Last edited by Windfury; 2013-01-19 at 05:03 AM.

  20. #220
    So, what have we learned here? The minority of posters here came to say "I cant stand flying so no one else deserves it." A few have legitimate points against it but are alright with the fact that people might think differently. And the rest of us agree that a BoA tome is the best solution.
    "Dear your holiness, your army is safe and sound, they're down here dying for you."
    Bayside is a cult.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •