Poll: Is it cool that the factions gain new things from raids?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blood Golems for Blood Elves and Jaina's lightning powered staff.

Jaina - Charged Staff of Antonidas
    Quote:
    Securing A Future
    It is rumored that the Thunder King's power comes directly from a hidden source within his palace.

Even when he is defeated a new tyrant, Garrosh perhaps, could still use this magic to a terrible end.

That is unless we make the first move!

Take my staff into the Pinnacle of Storms. Once Lei Shen has been defeated place my staff in the center of his dais.

We will drain the rest of his power and make sure it stays in our hands.

Lor'Themar - Blood Golems
    Quote:
    Life Blood
    Scouts unearthed this strange construct hidden within The Ghostly Veins. A secret weapon of the Thunder King no doubt.

Perhaps, there is a chance we can use this discovery to our benefit. If we can re-animate it, we can study it. More importantly, we can discover its weakness.

Go to The Throne of Thunder and use this crystal to capture whatever essence animates these constructs(The Dark Animus).

Return to me when the task is complete.
    Rumor on Scrolls of Lore from user Hazlow

Looks like Jaina and Lor'themar get some powerups after the Thunder King is beaten.

Anyone else think it's really cool that the factions are taking new things from the raid like this? What do you think they could be used for? Are you interested in seeing similar things in the future?
    Last edited by Skytotem; 2013-01-18 at 06:06 PM.
    Twas brillig

Deleted
    I like the idea just don't make a habit out of it Blizzard. The Thunder King is being hyped to be one motherfucking badass that's one thing. May as well take from a being of such power, but it wouldn't really be relevant for the Garrosh encounter as Lei Shen is undoubtedly more powerful than him and actually has artifacts/powers worth taking.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletnips View Post
    I like the idea just don't make a habit out of it Blizzard. The Thunder King is being hyped to be one motherfucking badass that's one thing. May as well take from a being of such power, but it wouldn't really be relevant for the Garrosh encounter as Lei Shen is undoubtedly more powerful than him and actually has artifacts/powers worth taking.
    Fair point, though I think you're being a tad narrowminded, what a faction 'takes away' from the raid may not be something possessed by the enemy they're taking down, so much as something they -develop- in order to take him down, for example a new sort of alliance construct or weapon designed to get them through Org's fancy new metal and such.

Sidenote: Am I the only one hoping Lor'themar reverse engineers enough of the blood stuff to make suped-up blood elves and such?
    Twas brillig

Any idea how the "blood power" works?

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    There looks to be some sort of "blood bank" room in the raid, so perhaps it's being drawn from Ra-den.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Dark_Animus

Dungeon Journal
    During his reign, Lei Shen labored to build a mechanical servant that would defend his citadel without fear. When his first attempt failed, rage took hold of the Thunder King. He poured this negative emotion into his next, and most successful, creation: the Dark Animus. To this day, the ornate construct observes its duty, empowered by the mysterious substance at the heart of all mogu flesh-shaping experiments.

Lor'Themar - Blood Golems
    Quote:
    Life Blood
    Scouts unearthed this strange construct hidden within The Ghostly Veins. A secret weapon of the Thunder King no doubt.

Perhaps, there is a chance we can use this discovery to our benefit. If we can re-animate it, we can study it. More importantly, we can discover its weakness.

Go to The Throne of Thunder and use this crystal to capture whatever essence animates these constructs(The Dark Animus).

Return to me when the task is complete.
    Not entirely but it seems he's got access to flesh-shaping goo or something.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Dark_Animus

Not entirely but it seems he's got access to flesh-shaping goo or something.
    It's possibly the blood of Ra'den.

Only thing that it could really be IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

We have seen what happens when Blood Elves start eating fel energy, Imagine what the results would be if they tried eating pure titan energy
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    We have seen what happens when Blood Elves start eating fel energy, Imagine what the results would be if they tried eating pure titan energy
    Red eyes instead of green? Why Jaina get to have Lei shen thunder power while Lor'themar only get some blood? Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Pure -awesome- is what the results would be.

Also, I wonder if Jaina's able to empower people with lightning the way the thunder king could?

Like he did to this troll.
    Twas brillig

The story for this expansion is just getting to an insane point of awesome-ness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    The story for this expansion is just getting to an insane point of awesome-ness.
    Yep... I stoped playing right before 5.1, but the two last patches are just plain awesome... I may start playing again !

http://www.adriacraft.net/images/sto...olemOrnate.jpg

http://www.adriacraft.net/images/sto...BloodGolem.jpg

Pictures of the Animus (Blood) golems.

The ornate one is the raid boss and the smaller one with hands is the one the Blood Elves dig up.
    Twas brillig

Does it mean that by getting Thunder King stuff for Jaina and blood magic for Blood Elves, they do a Alliance/Mage vs Horde/Warlock war or something?

Does it mean that by getting Thunder King stuff for Jaina and blood magic for Blood Elves, they do a Alliance/Mage vs Horde/Warlock war or something?
    Tragically is seems that they come to an agreement, Lor'themar gives Jaina an Archmage (It's not clear if this is Aethas or someone who helped in the Theramoore bombing or a captured Alliance archmage or what) and she releases the rest of the sunreavers in return, and they both plan on going after Garrosh.

I'm thinking Lor'themar will team up with Vol'jin, hopefully he'll use some blood stuff to give the Darkspear Dire Trolls or something.
    Twas brillig

Seems like Lorthremar and Jaina are taking tips from the council of the black harvest.

Deleted
    It would be interesting if the lightning and blood became mechanics in a raid, or if the players were assisted by Jaina and Lor'themar (or Blood Elven tech developed from the blood) to down a boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Zambooka View Post
    It would be interesting if the lightning and blood became mechanics in a raid, or if the players were assisted by Jaina and Lor'themar (or Blood Elven tech developed from the blood) to down a boss.
    That'd be awesome. Too bad it seems they get the powerups after the raid
    Twas brillig

Deleted
    That'd be awesome. Too bad it seems they get the powerups after the raid
    I was thinking later on, maybe during the Siege of Orgrimmar.

Pure -awesome- is what the results would be.

Also, I wonder if Jaina's able to empower people with lightning the way the thunder king could?

Like he did to this troll.
    Is it just me or does that trolls face look very goblinish?

As to the OP I think its an interesting idea, and look forward to seeing how it goes! So far really loving the storylines of MOP