Thread: Wow Size

Wow Size

Hey all, this isn't exactly interface related, but seemed like the best fit: My WoW folder is a little of 50g in size, however my interface fold isn't actually all that large. I was wondering if there were a few things I could cut bug in my folder that might be unnecessary?
    Quote Originally Posted by NGRazor
    If Russia suddenly put Satan in charge of their nukes and then they sent hellfire down on the Untied States, don't you think the U.S. would be pretty damn pissed when Russia said "well, we didn't know Satan would betray us."

Deleted
    You could clear the Cache folder, though it will slowly grow in size again.

Likely you still have lots of redundant information from previous patches left over - if you want, you can always do a full reinstall (the installer is available for download on battle.net) while simply backing up your Interface and WTF folders, then restoring them to the new installation.

Deleted
    I find this really weird, as my WoW folder is "only" 21.3 gb in size. The only thing I can think of is that you have a HUGE pack of high-res images/skins/whatever for kgpanel.

You could try removing the Updates folder (back it up first though, by renaming).
    If that doesn't help, try using the context menu in Windows to find the largest folders / files in your WoW install, or use a program like WinDirStat which will show you the largest files/folders.
    If you don't know whether they're safe to remove, you can try renaming them so WoW doesn't recognize it anymore before deleting it, googling the names or list the folders here.

I believe what Treeston said would be correct. To me it sounds like the OP's wow has never gone through one of the "optimization" cycles that have happened pre MoP and I think there was another a bit later, to get rid of all the old unused patch files that add up over time.