Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
... LastLast
  1. #81
    It isn't a rip-off, it shouldn't be free, and the price is most likely at the right point. See in business there are really smart people who determine price points. If the price was too high, they would lose revenue, as people wouldn't use it. If it is too low, they lose revenue as the price per until x qty would yield an unfavorable result.

    As long as the right number of transfers happen at the $25.00, they have maximized their revenue. See Blizzard is a business, not a Non-profit Organization. They are a public company that has the obligation to maximize profits for their shareholders, which are real people like you and me.

    You are owed nothing but the service they promises for the price the promise. I am sorry is $25.00 is too much, but for many people it is not. I did transfer servers and brought all my alts and my wife's alts. I am glad I did and am in a great guild. To me, it was worth the couple hundred dollars I paid. But before I did that, I rolled a new toon, joined the guild (advice from a friend) and did a "test drive"

    So you see when it is too much the price will drop, until then, the price is the right price.


    EDIT:

    Oh and by the way the forums have already established that the following is ruining the game:
    Casuals
    Dalies
    Too easy
    Too Hard
    Not grindy enough
    Too grindy
    Flying Mounts
    Not being able to fly until 90
    Legendary gems
    LFD
    LFR
    Gear being too easy to get
    Gear being too hard to get due to rep

    hmm I think I missed some
    Last edited by davesurfer; 2013-01-18 at 09:00 PM.
    "Peace is a lie"

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    Why is it hurting the game? You can visit any realm you like via realID, you can raid "most" raids cross realm. It would actually hurt the game more as you would see a lot more of these servers with next to no-one on, and a few servers with 24/7 queues. No, removing this fee is not a good idea.
    So first you say that the fee doesn't matter then you argue that removing it would be bad.

    Which is it?

  3. #83
    Well, it's not 'hurting' the game; I doubt anyone has quit because of it. But it is fucking annoying. Same goes for race changing, sometimes you just want a bit of change but it's just not worth the cost.

    Just wish it was a bit cheaper, Blizzard's just being assholes with the price. I mean - If people will pay it, why wouldn't they charge that price? But still. Can buy a lot of games for the price of realm/race transferring lmfao.

  4. #84
    The Lightbringer Grym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in UK where there is chicken
    Posts
    3,262
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Blizzard just being assholes with the price. I mean - If people will pay it, why wouldn't they charge that price? But still.
    You will always charge things at the maximum price that people will pay for yet achieve a number of sales that generates the best revenue, Blizzard is a profit making company, why is it asshole for a company to try to make money? It is like almost the whole point it is there in the first place.

    Not everyone is like Santa and seeing happy children faces are enough, some of us trying to maximise for our own gain instead.

  5. #85
    It'd be nice. Heck, I'd do it more often even if it were just $10.

    I'm not gonna bite on the Blizzard should do this or that stuff. I've plenty of cash to blow on the game, after making well over $1k on D3, and I'm personally putting off my 8th xfer and looking at unsubbing once my AP is up. I've done it 7 times, but at $25 a shot, and the game what it is right now, I don't think it's worth it.

    OP is ironic. Blizz should make it free roughly translates into - I see the value, but don't feel I should have to pay.

    My view is that I see the value, and it's not $25. Dueces.

  6. #86
    I hate it as well, but I can't deny that Blizzard has most definitely made more money off the transfers than they have lost via people who quit because of them.

    Thus, I don't really believe your thread title is accurate.

  7. #87
    Legendary! Tommo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    6,603
    The amount of people praising corporations is making me ill. Seriously, stop defending them, they screw you over more than you know.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Isn't that like, most other MMO RPGs are?

    I only played a couple so I cannot say for ALL, but LOTRO, FFXI, FFXIV, does not really take you through all the BASIC feature, let alone advance features. FFXI you even need to find where you need to rest your character by yourself, how the AH works and where it is (no guards to tell you), WoW is already VERY new user friendly compare to the other MMO (unless they are new MMO in that case everyone is new), if you think WoW is hostile towards new players, you need to try a few other non new MMOs out there.
    "non-New" is right to the point right there. There's a reason a lot of old MMOs aren't growing too, y'know. Or why the genre just as a whole seems kind of stagnant.

  9. #89
    Without it people will just freely server transfer whenever. That hurts the sense of community servers have, if there is any left. I do agree that the $25 is a bit expensive though, especially combined with faction changing. Server transferring should cost $10, and maybe $25 for both server transferring and faction changing.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    It's ridiculous. When a game like Rift is able to do it for free, there's no reason there should be one in WoW. I'm sure blizzard has lost players because for some reason or another they could not afford the $25 fee to transfer on top of their $15. Blizzard should really look at how many are quitting the game and of those who could have transferred and maybe found a better environment on another server. Also, given how long the game has been out many people may be reluctant now to spend money. And if you have $25 to throw around to find another guild, great.
    i prefer if there was a bundle character move. $25buck for 1 and then 5 dollar for each after that with a limit of 5 if anything.... and like 1 time every 2 month for the moves.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    It's ridiculous. When a game like Rift is able to do it for free, there's no reason there should be one in WoW. I'm sure blizzard has lost players because for some reason or another they could not afford the $25 fee to transfer on top of their $15. Blizzard should really look at how many are quitting the game and of those who could have transferred and maybe found a better environment on another server. Also, given how long the game has been out many people may be reluctant now to spend money. And if you have $25 to throw around to find another guild, great.
    When this game has a player base as small as that maybe it will be free. Generally what hurts the game most is kiddies who feel entitled to everything they want for free, and kiddies is not a comment on people's calendar age.

  12. #92
    Blizz should offer a coupon code every 3 months for folks letting them know which low pop servers they can transfer to and help balance the economy. This way, people could get a discount and Blizz can fill servers, but people can't just willy-nilly relocate for free as often as they like.

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    The amount of people praising corporations is making me ill. Seriously, stop defending them, they screw you over more than you know.
    If you play WoW, you support them. If you do not play, your comment is not really relevant here is it

  14. #94
    The Lightbringer Grym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in UK where there is chicken
    Posts
    3,262
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    The amount of people praising corporations is making me ill. Seriously, stop defending them, they screw you over more than you know.
    If they are not there to make money, there will be Burberry, no McDs/KFC, no Blizzard, no Coca Cola, well, probably half the world would disappear with them.

    You forget that all the things you enjoy, probably come from a corporation that tries to make money

  15. #95
    Legendary! Tommo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    6,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    If they are not there to make money, there will be Burberry, no McDs/KFC, no Blizzard, no Coca Cola, well, probably half the world would disappear with them.

    You forget that all the things you enjoy, probably come from a corporation that tries to make money
    And they make plenty of money off their subscribers already, charging $25 for a server transfer is daylight robbery.

  16. #96
    No, the mass amounts of QQ threads is hurting wow. If all you can do is focus on the negative, you should have quit a long time ago.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 03:26 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    And they make plenty of money off their subscribers already, charging $25 for a server transfer is daylight robbery.
    Daylight robbery you choose to take part in?

  17. #97
    I have trouble believing that the $25 transfer fee is hurting the game; however, I will agree that it is outrageously priced. I transferred from a dead realm to a realm I have actually taken a liking to. It actually reinvigorated WoW for me. Though, when I realized that I literally left behind 6 85s and the cost of moving even half of them would be $75 it kind of ticked me off. Needless to say I was essentially forced to remake a few alts so I actually had something with gathering professions. Perhaps a bulk package would be reasonable? Lower the price for a single transfer to perhaps $10? I'd have no problem transferring five toons for $50, but five toons for 125? Fuck off.

  18. #98
    High Overlord Etherius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    103
    My problem doesn't reside so much with the guild factor, although it's obvious for some it is (hey, guilds change servers, it happens a lot). Some of the guilds I had progression with decided to faction swap or change servers due to a lack of recruit interest, or wanting faster progression.. so they went to either higher populated servers, or higher ranked servers. That's fine, although I can understand if you have multiple characters, the money spent can add up quickly.. especially if you don't just raid with one person, or like having them for profession use / banking etc.

    I think friends can be another one to address. I've had a few of mine jump to other servers to join guilds for progression OR because other friends were there.. and I kind of like being around friends, like many of us probably do. That's mostly what keeps me playing other than progression (though I'm not so into it as I once was). So there are reasons why we transfer... as if that wasn't obvious already.

    The cost? I'm fine with having one, though I would feel more content to transfer were it equal to that of the standard monthly fee ($15). It seems to be working out for Blizzard though, so I'm not going to breathe down their neck about it.. it's more of a personal preference & level of convenience than anything else.

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovacor View Post
    I have trouble believing that the $25 transfer fee is hurting the game; however, I will agree that it is outrageously priced. I transferred from a dead realm to a realm I have actually taken a liking to. It actually reinvigorated WoW for me. Though, when I realized that I literally left behind 6 85s and the cost of moving even half of them would be $75 it kind of ticked me off. Needless to say I was essentially forced to remake a few alts so I actually had something with gathering professions. Perhaps a bulk package would be reasonable? Lower the price for a single transfer to perhaps $10? I'd have no problem transferring five toons for $50, but five toons for 125? Fuck off.
    yeah i agreeed.

    i mean if they could give you a discount to renew your monthly payment for 3/6months why not for character moves.speaking of just got hit for my next 6 month today 71bucks.

  20. #100
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Welcome to the Metachronopolis!
    Posts
    11,993
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    Blizz should offer a coupon code every 3 months for folks letting them know which low pop servers they can transfer to and help balance the economy. This way, people could get a discount and Blizz can fill servers, but people can't just willy-nilly relocate for free as often as they like.
    When Blizzard did the Annual Pass thing I was more or less expecting them to continue with it and make it renewable to keep people around. One of the things I imagined they would put into it was a free server transfer for one or all of your toons, a race change and a faction change along with other goodies.

    Alas, they didn't pursue it. It probably wouldn't have made any difference anyway but it would have been one way to do it. I agree with everyone else that revenue gained from having it the way it is is much greater than revenue lost due its existence.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

    It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •