Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by angelflavor View Post
    I know blizzard need to make money........... Only one problem they stop making money all together when someone quits because their guild transfers and/or there are not enough people on their faction for a working AH or enough to make a raiding

Let's do some math. Say a guild transfers 40 people? They make 1,000. You quit because of it and stop paying 15/month. That 1,000 is equal to 66.67 months or 5.55 years. I would assume they aren't worried about the 5.55 years it will take before they lose money on that transaction. If you were not willing to go with your guild, chances are you weren't going to play another 5.55 years. If it was just cash, you could suspend for 2 months ($30) and then pay the $25 and be $5 ahead. Heck WoW may not be around another 5.55 years or it may got FTP by then or who knows?
    "Peace is a lie"

There isn't actually anything hurting this game. The fact is simple yet straight forward....there are just a handful of whinners that despise blizzards way of making money, while the rest actually pay for the services.
    I'm sorry if I come so cruel with the reality on you, but nothing in life is free. Blizz implemented and kept this mean of profit because it works and it's used by many. Don't got the cash? Don't buy the commodities. Or even better....do something useful and do a bit of good ol' working, then you can afford paying those darn 25 bucks.

Imo they should just reduce the price and add a cooldown to it so people dont abuse it.

The problem is that Blizzard is in a too dominating position and this translates into a bad deal for the consumer. You can’t blame them for making the most of this but the defence of this profiteering is quite sickening. If these people lost their income and fell on hard times they may see it in a different light.

My guess is if you were to open up realm transfers for free. There would be at least a dozen realms that would be ghost towns even more then they are now. I'm looking at you Warsong - US

I think people forget that the price is set the way it is to stop people from over-using it.

Gabron is right that you could also do this with a cooldown but cooldown's don't cost anything, would limit revenue even more and just cause the same argument but now about 'ridiculous cooldowns'.

People like free stuff that they can use as much as they like.

Personally, I'm fine with it the way it is.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

I'm sure they know better if it hurts or not.

After all it's about making money :/

---------- Post added 2013-01-19 at 12:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Attsey View Post
    The problem is that Blizzard is in a too dominating position and this translates into a bad deal for the consumer. You can’t blame them for making the most of this but the defence of this profiteering is quite sickening. If these people lost their income and fell on hard times they may see it in a different light.
    Yes.. but no. If transfers were free, we would have 10 overpopulated servers against 3 desertic realms, for example.

So it's a win-win for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    It's ridiculous. When a game like Rift is able to do it for free, there's no reason there should be one in WoW. I'm sure blizzard has lost players because for some reason or another they could not afford the $25 fee to transfer on top of their $15. Blizzard should really look at how many are quitting the game and of those who could have transferred and maybe found a better environment on another server. Also, given how long the game has been out many people may be reluctant now to spend money. And if you have $25 to throw around to find another guild, great.
    Not only is the $25 ridiculous, but with Cross Realm Zones being forced now, some folks, like myself, transfered off of a server to get away from some drama queens and harassment, and now, with the implementation of CRZ, boom, it's like we never left. So not only is the fee ridiculous, but they've made the actual transfer pointless as there is no opt out option for it.

i wouldnt say its hurting the game, but i would agree its quite high in price.

I don't like the price either.

In my opinion they should just make another annual pass and if you sign it your transfer are cheaper (like 10-15 dollars).

I really wish it was cheaper.. I only xfer'd onto a PvP server to play with friends but they all quit. So now I have my main + 3 more toons that I leveled, and I rather PVE more with but can't because most guilds on the PvP server suck.
    ASRock 990FX - FX-8320 @ 4.2 / 10c Idle 35c Max - G.Skill Sniper 8GB 1866 - Radeon 7770 - Raidmax 850 - WD 1TB - WD 500GB

Quote Originally Posted by Alewen View Post
    Not only is the $25 ridiculous, but with Cross Realm Zones being forced now, some folks, like myself, transfered off of a server to get away from some drama queens and harassment, and now, with the implementation of CRZ, boom, it's like we never left. So not only is the fee ridiculous, but they've made the actual transfer pointless as there is no opt out option for it.
    Well, if it's entirely pointless it's fair to ask why we're having a discussion about it. I don't think it's pointless in fact to talk about it now, but I think it might be in the future.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

It prevents the unbalanced server issue from getting even more out of hand and prevents too much server transfer abuse.

Makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Attsey View Post
    I'm a student. The word income doesn't exist for me.
    The world is full of evil and lies and pain and death, and you can't hide from it... You can only face it. The question is, when you do, how do you respond? Who do you become?

It's ridiculous. When a game like Rift is able to do it for free, there's no reason there should be one in WoW. I'm sure blizzard has lost players because for some reason or another they could not afford the $25 fee to transfer on top of their $15. Blizzard should really look at how many are quitting the game and of those who could have transferred and maybe found a better environment on another server. Also, given how long the game has been out many people may be reluctant now to spend money. And if you have $25 to throw around to find another guild, great.
    Yeah let's do it like rift, where top guilds server hop and get server firsts on all servers completely ruining the local server pve race.
    Gamers are too obsessed with the death of games. Imagine if all that energy was channeled into the LIFE of games.

Would you rather they removed the fee, and the ability to transfer instead?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

Dear OP,

A game like RIFT cannot charge for transfers, they dont have the clout.

WOW is the big boy, the King of MMO's. They charge because they can.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

I can't believe people actually argue in favor of it.

There are many people in this game who are in guilds or situations where they fall apart. And now they are stuck to choose pay $25 and take a chance with a new guild, or quit. And you guys feel like they should quit. God I'm lucky my guild is still running strong even with a few people leaving during heroic progression. Pathetic.
    And that is Blizzard's fault that a guild falls apart or a player gets themselves into a situation where they feel they should leave the server?
    I actually propose raising the fee to $100 for the first Xfer in 12 month period, then give you 3 free ones, and putting a cooldown of 90 days between xfers. Used to be people cared about their reputations on their server, and they acted like decent folk... now you dont have that... and part of it is because folks can act like asshats and pay $25 to run away to a new server.

you are right, the $25 xfer fee is hurting the game... it gives folks the permission to act like asshats. So raise the fee or remove realm xfers completely

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Hey It's a business got to make much money as much as possible so thus I don't see anything wrong with it.
    Someone said it a long time ago.

Just because you're a business and out to make money doesn't mean you have to go out of your way to be an asshole about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

the 25$ is for profit pure and simple, not to control the transfers. They just need a long CD on xfers if they wanted to prevent abuse. Blizzard isn't your friend, they want your money.

As long as people keep paying for it in droves they'll keep the fee. This may be the one form of complaining to see a change from Blizzard that I support.