Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
... LastLast
  1. #141
    It doesn't cost them a cent to do the transfer since they automated things like that (including item restoration and stuff). They are just a bunch of greedy asshats, aka a business. Tbh, I don't see anything wrong with it though.

    Furthermore, I have transferred one, ONE single char in my entire history of playing WoW and that was during 50% sales on transfers^^ I believe most people are like me, if they really want to play on a new server, they f*ing make a new char on that new server.

    Despite that, there are people out there (like my best friend) who don't give a shit about money spent on video games and well... he transferred his old rogue for the 7th time in his WoW career earlier this week, not his only char he transferred. He didn't want to wait for his bot to level a new one on our new server... I know, there's quite a few things wrong with him regarding gaming. My point is, there are people who want to spend their money for time-saving things (like not needing to level a new char) or cosmetic things, so why shouldn't charge Blizz them? Free money is free.
    Last edited by Feio; 2013-01-18 at 11:40 PM.

  2. #142
    The Patient Jayp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    258
    Im pretty sure its not hurting the game.
    You use Rift as an example, the only reason its free is to compete with WoW and other up and coming MMO's because they too will either have to use free transfers or beat WoW in price.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    after just seeing results of morality bukkake on garrosh

  3. #143
    Field Marshal HavokFURY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    74
    Yeah. I've used it very sparingly. I've even got a few character I'd race/server/faction change but the fee is too much.
    RIP <SoP>

  4. #144
    I think the real issue is that Blizz just needs to merge the bottom 50 servers. Keep the CRZ, leave the transfer fee the same for one character, have a discount based on number of characters to transfer, and make the transfer timer a month per account. Everything else stays the same.

  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    Ya that is. Didn't even think about that, and I have a few 90 alts.

    Here's my situation: If my guild fell apart and I was not able to join another guild on my server, I would be quitting because I am not transferring my alts. Blizzard would lose out my $15 a month for many months for what.... one time of $25?
    Making it free would be stupid, but they could do a "package sollution", where it cost like $50 to transfere all chars on one server to another. Would solve that "problem" atleast.

    I've spent so much money on transferes, and I cant say I care. If I choose to change server that is my problem, and I gladly pay for it.

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    You will always charge things at the maximum price that people will pay for yet achieve a number of sales that generates the best revenue, Blizzard is a profit making company, why is it asshole for a company to try to make money? It is like almost the whole point it is there in the first place.

    Not everyone is like Santa and seeing happy children faces are enough, some of us trying to maximise for our own gain instead.
    Yep, agreed.

    The price is still equivalent to a small game though, or even a pre-owned game of good quality. Sure, if they 'can' charge the price, why the fuck wouldn't they? It only makes sense to maximize profits. Having said that, it's still an absurd price and the only reason it gets paid is because people get into situations where they pay it, or quit the game. Not like they have a choice a lot of the time.

    It's asshole-ish to shit over the people that make your living just because they know that they can get away with it. Hell, they'd probably make more profit if it was a more reasonable price. I'm constantly in the mood for new races/factions etc, but the price puts me off. And changing realm is COMPLETELY out of the question for me unless it's reduced, with 11 characters on 1 realm and all of which contributing to making money - There's no way in hell i can transfer. They would very likely get more of my money if it was a better price.

    But anyway, I can clearly see both sides of the argument and honestly - I'm just kind of in a pissy mood atm, just ignore me.

  7. #147
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    The amount of people praising corporations is making me ill. Seriously, stop defending them, they screw you over more than you know.
    Then vote with your wallet... stop buying their product if it makes you so 'ill'.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  8. #148
    Pit Lord Skorpionss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    2,287
    I think it should be more... realm transfer and name change and faction change... should be like 100$ a pop at least... that way ppl will stop changing names after they ninja the hell out of a guild's bank or something...

  9. #149
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    And they make plenty of money off their subscribers already, charging $25 for a server transfer is daylight robbery.
    its not robbery of any sort, its a service, if you want it pay for it, if you don't want to pay for it then you don't get the service. period. How would you feel if someone came into your place of employment and demanded you take a pay cut because they didn't think you were worth it... you'd tell them to sod off, right?

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  10. #150
    The Lightbringer Grym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in UK where there is chicken
    Posts
    3,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    The price is still equivalent to a small game though, or even a pre-owned game of good quality. Sure, if they 'can' charge the price, why the fuck wouldn't they? It only makes sense to maximize profits....It's asshole-ish to shit over the people that make your living just because they know that they can get away with it. Hell, they'd probably make more profit if it was a more reasonable price.
    It doesn't matter what the price is equivalent to, if I have this item that I know people will pay for it for the price of a sports car (but it cost me nothing to make), you bet I will charge a sport car for it.

    And it depends on the price elasticity on it, obviously if price drop, more people might use, but how much they have to drop and for how much increase in user? For such large scale, even reduce it by $5, would affect the revenue by A LOT, it has to have THAT much more extra users that would use it for that $5 reduction, but from what I read on here people are expecting more like $15, which I doubt because it means it needs to almost double the amount of transfer to currently is to make it worth while.

    If you can get away with it, of cause you would try to make more money, it is just the way of life.

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Then vote with your wallet... stop buying their product if it makes you so 'ill'.
    And people are. And Blizzard is losing money. There is NO way they can track the people that quit because of this. If I quit tomorrow and it was because I didn't want to spend $25, they would have no way of knowing. And I am raising this awareness because it is pathetic and we are losing great players who would love to continue playing but do not want to fork out another $25 times number of character fee, just to enjoy the game. And that's another $25 for THE CHANCE the next guild / server is suited. Imagine even if you paid $25 and the guild fell apart next week. You'd bet your ass I'm not spending another $25 to gamble on the hopes of getting in a better guild to continue enjoying this game.

  12. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    And people are. And Blizzard is losing money. There is NO way they can track the people that quit because of this. If I quit tomorrow and it was because I didn't want to spend $25, they would have no way of knowing. And I am raising this awareness because it is pathetic and we are losing great players who would love to continue playing but do not want to fork out another $25 times number of character fee, just to enjoy the game. And that's another $25 for THE CHANCE the next guild / server is suited. Imagine even if you paid $25 and the guild fell apart next week. You'd bet your ass I'm not spending another $25 to gamble on the hopes of getting in a better guild to continue enjoying this game.

    This is where you are incorrect. You also seem to be under the illusion that haven't done the math and determined that it's more profitable for them to charge 25$ than to offer the service for free or that's it's impossible to make an educated estimate on that matter.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

  13. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    This is where you are incorrect. You also seem to be under the illusion that haven't done the math and determined that it's more profitable for them to charge 25$ than to offer the service for free or that's it's impossible to make an educated estimate on that matter.
    You're wrong and just because they can make a "guess" does not mean they know for a fact. If I quit tomorrow and it was because I did not want to spend $25 to transfer, they would have no way of knowing. Shit, they would probably assume it's because there's not enough daily quests. There is no way of them knowing.

  14. #154
    the fist page is insane

  15. #155
    If you don't want to pay the $25, reroll on another server. Pets, achievements and mounts are all account bound now. It is your choice to spend $25 to save yourself levelling, any bitching about it is on the same level as casuals wanting free epics.

  16. #156
    I think they've lost some subs because of this. If your server gets poor or you fall out with your peers, but you don't think its worth paying for the transfer, then you're going to end up stopping playing.

    However, having a cost on transfers is a good thing. Without the cost to it, people would be transferring much much more. You'll find servers get evacuated at the first sign of struggling, meaning that half the servers will be overpopulated and the other half are close to being closed entirely. This is bad for everyone. It is better for Blizzard to be able to flick the free transfer button to try and balance the server populations. This keeps the servers as balanced as possible (although there will always be extreme servers).
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

  17. #157
    I think it should be more along the lines of 10$ for a faction / server transfer.

    I mean it doesn't really cost them anything that the 15$ sub doesn't cover. But 25$ is literally almost 2 months of game time. If it was 5 - 10$ for transfers I would have done it many times already.

  18. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    If you don't want to pay the $25, reroll on another server. Pets, achievements and mounts are all account bound now. It is your choice to spend $25 to save yourself levelling, any bitching about it is on the same level as casuals wanting free epics.
    And it's people like you why this game is going where it is. Stand behind Blizzard and their ridiculous $25 fee.

  19. #159
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    And people are. And Blizzard is losing money. There is NO way they can track the people that quit because of this. If I quit tomorrow and it was because I didn't want to spend $25, they would have no way of knowing. And I am raising this awareness because it is pathetic and we are losing great players who would love to continue playing but do not want to fork out another $25 times number of character fee, just to enjoy the game. And that's another $25 for THE CHANCE the next guild / server is suited. Imagine even if you paid $25 and the guild fell apart next week. You'd bet your ass I'm not spending another $25 to gamble on the hopes of getting in a better guild to continue enjoying this game.
    Look, its easy, if its important enough for you to be on another server you have a couple of choices, re-roll and level again on the new server (does't take long at all), or pay the $25.

    I'm certain that you think you are 100% right, but the funny thing, if Blizzard ACTUALLY thought they were losing money because players quitting over a server xfer fee they'd lower it. But they aren't.

    I dont have to imagine anything, I've been in the same guild since I started years and years ago... I'm staying till Blizzard turns off the servers... I have no intention of leaving my guild. I am not so narcissistic that I have to hop from server to server to be in the best guilds.

    The 'awareness' you are raising is your desire to wantonly hop from server to server with no consequence or cost. If you have 'quit' Wow because of this then all I gotta say is let it go and walk away.


    --- Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem; If you are here complaining about a game you no longer play, then you are part of the problem... you are a stalker of your ex-game... Let your ex move on with their life, you move on with yours.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  20. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    I think they've lost some subs because of this. If your server gets poor or you fall out with your peers, but you don't think its worth paying for the transfer, then you're going to end up stopping playing.

    However, having a cost on transfers is a good thing. Without the cost to it, people would be transferring much much more. You'll find servers get evacuated at the first sign of struggling, meaning that half the servers will be overpopulated and the other half are close to being closed entirely. This is bad for everyone. It is better for Blizzard to be able to flick the free transfer button to try and balance the server populations. This keeps the servers as balanced as possible (although there will always be extreme servers).
    And again, a a free once a month transfer would prevent people from just "hopping" around like you wildly claim.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •