Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Ive never bought a transfer, ive wanted to once but I refused to pay so much.
    Oh, so what happened in your life that made robbery seem like something people chose to take part in?

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    I am sorry I never knew there was a "too much money".
    No you're not.

If you can make more money, there isn't a reason not to.
    Friends, family, location, opprtunity, time, hobbies, risk, health, etc.

You are one of those believer that "this company make enough profit, they can make more, but they shouldn't just to be nice"?
    I think the guy honestly just has an opinion on the price of a video game, but if you need to squabble over your worldview for your Friday to be complete, by all means, have at it.

The amount of people praising corporations is making me ill. Seriously, stop defending them, they screw you over more than you know.
    They (a Corporation) also provide me a job, gave me a break when I got out of school, paid for additional eduction/training, promoted me, and put food on the table for my wife and kids. My retirement fund is full of investments in corporations, my kids college fund is full of investments in corporations. I EXPECT that they maximize their profits, sorry just the facts.

A corporation isn't some evil entity
    "Peace is a lie"

There are so many subscribers to this game that if transferring was free, no one would be able to do it because of the long wait time. The servers would be bogged down with transfer requests. I do think $25 is a bit much to be paying for it, though, especially when you're moving more than one character.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    No, the mass amounts of QQ threads is hurting wow.
    WoW has feelings, too.

rerolling server is free.
    try it its fun!

no seriously. its fun
    even better when you do it with your entire guild.
    it just sucks that you cant mail cross server -_-

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    They (a Corporation) also provide me a job, gave me a break when I got out of school, paid for additional eduction/training, promoted me, and put food on the table for my wife and kids. My retirement fund is full of investments in corporations, my kids college fund is full of investments in corporations. I EXPECT that they maximize their profits, sorry just the facts.

A corporation isn't some evil entity
    You gave them a product they monetized and sold at a markup, you did your homework and made good marks in school so you could be a valuable asset to them, you volunteered to go back to school for additional training to add more value to their investment in you, you did well enough that the company saw the value in promoting you to a higher position, and you earned the check to provide for your family.

Corporations don't give people breaks. Corporations use people to make money. And to do that, they pay them money. They're not evil; they're not nice.

Hell, they're not even what this OP is about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frizzlewits View Post
    rerolling server is free.
    try it its fun!

no seriously. its fun
    even better when you do it with your entire guild.
    it just sucks that you cant mail cross server -_-
    If i could mail cross server and start at a higher level while leveling a class i already have over lvl 80 then i would be pretty much fine about rerolling a server.

Dont over analyze everything I say, its an expression. It just means its way to expensive.
    It wasn't overanalyzing, it was operating in the metaphor you used. You exaggerated big time to try and make your point. If you have to compare something to robbery to prove your point, it makes you wonder how much there really is to it. Blizzard has priced the service at $25 and all you can do to change that is vote with your wallet. Persuasion has no place near the truth.

It's better then the 30$ faction change!

Quote Originally Posted by Stede View Post
    You gave them a product they monetized and sold at a markup, you did your homework and made good marks in school so you could be a valuable asset to them, you volunteered to go back to school for additional training to add more value to their investment in you, you did well enough that the company saw the value in promoting you to a higher position, and you earned the check to provide for your family.

Corporations don't give people breaks. Corporations use people to make money. And to do that, they pay them money. They're not evil; they're not nice.

And I use them to make money, both in salary and investing in companies that I think will maximize profit. Seems like a fair trade off!

But the OP is about that. He his claiming that the price is ruining the game. What I tried to explain many pages back is that it really isn't and that companies hire smart people to try to determine the right price. The have decided $25 is the right price.

Blizzard is not hurt by it, when they are they will lower the price. Companies will react. The OP might not like it, but enough people are fine with it that it isn't ruining the game

Blizzard has shown they will TRY to change if they perceive something is hurting the game. Cata Heroics were too hard in enough people's eyes and they lost enough subs that they changed the approach in MOP. Was it the right move, I don't know. They saw a bleeding in subs, so they bought themsleves a year with the annual pass, did it work? I don't know that either. A company will TRY to adapt to things that they perceive as a threat, and the $25 transfer fee does not appear to be one
    "Peace is a lie"

Quote Originally Posted by Stede View Post

The OP is about Blizzard, Inc. I don't understand how that isn't about a corporation when it's ALL about a corporation.

Business is business. If people stopped trying to make more money, the world economy would effectively crash. Sometimes "being nice" isn't always what's best for the world.

That said, I think the price is steep, but I also understand the value of the service I want completed for me.

If anything, the steep price is to make people think more consciously about which realm they want to play on. They want to prevent mass amounts of people from server hopping, which would lead to all the "popular" realms becoming even more crowded and all the low populated servers to become even less populated.

That's the ENTIRE reason they give out FREE server transfers to low population realms. But that never once crossed your mind. Nope. They are just mean Blizzard. Mean Blizzard who is actively trying to regulate server populations and keep the insanity down to a bare minimum.

I know blizzard need to make money........... Only one problem they stop making money all together when someone quits because their guild transfers and/or there are not enough people on their faction for a working AH or enough to make a raiding
    "Warriors make you sap, Paladins let you sap."

Quote Originally Posted by angelflavor View Post
    I know blizzard need to make money........... Only one problem they stop making money all together when someone quits because their guild transfers and/or there are not enough people on their faction for a working AH or enough to make a raiding

Let's do some math. Say a guild transfers 40 people? They make 1,000. You quit because of it and stop paying 15/month. That 1,000 is equal to 66.67 months or 5.55 years. I would assume they aren't worried about the 5.55 years it will take before they lose money on that transaction. If you were not willing to go with your guild, chances are you weren't going to play another 5.55 years. If it was just cash, you could suspend for 2 months ($30) and then pay the $25 and be $5 ahead. Heck WoW may not be around another 5.55 years or it may got FTP by then or who knows?
    "Peace is a lie"

Deleted
    There isn't actually anything hurting this game. The fact is simple yet straight forward....there are just a handful of whinners that despise blizzards way of making money, while the rest actually pay for the services.
    I'm sorry if I come so cruel with the reality on you, but nothing in life is free. Blizz implemented and kept this mean of profit because it works and it's used by many. Don't got the cash? Don't buy the commodities. Or even better....do something useful and do a bit of good ol' working, then you can afford paying those darn 25 bucks.

Imo they should just reduce the price and add a cooldown to it so people dont abuse it.

Deleted
    The problem is that Blizzard is in a too dominating position and this translates into a bad deal for the consumer. You can’t blame them for making the most of this but the defence of this profiteering is quite sickening. If these people lost their income and fell on hard times they may see it in a different light.

My guess is if you were to open up realm transfers for free. There would be at least a dozen realms that would be ghost towns even more then they are now. I'm looking at you Warsong - US

10+ Year Old Account
    I think people forget that the price is set the way it is to stop people from over-using it.

Gabron is right that you could also do this with a cooldown but cooldown's don't cost anything, would limit revenue even more and just cause the same argument but now about 'ridiculous cooldowns'.

People like free stuff that they can use as much as they like.

Personally, I'm fine with it the way it is.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure they know better if it hurts or not.

After all it's about making money :/

---------- Post added 2013-01-19 at 12:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Attsey View Post
    The problem is that Blizzard is in a too dominating position and this translates into a bad deal for the consumer. You can’t blame them for making the most of this but the defence of this profiteering is quite sickening. If these people lost their income and fell on hard times they may see it in a different light.
    Yes.. but no. If transfers were free, we would have 10 overpopulated servers against 3 desertic realms, for example.

So it's a win-win for them.