Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it should be more... realm transfer and name change and faction change... should be like 100$ a pop at least... that way ppl will stop changing names after they ninja the hell out of a guild's bank or something...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    And they make plenty of money off their subscribers already, charging $25 for a server transfer is daylight robbery.
    its not robbery of any sort, its a service, if you want it pay for it, if you don't want to pay for it then you don't get the service. period. How would you feel if someone came into your place of employment and demanded you take a pay cut because they didn't think you were worth it... you'd tell them to sod off, right?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    The price is still equivalent to a small game though, or even a pre-owned game of good quality. Sure, if they 'can' charge the price, why the fuck wouldn't they? It only makes sense to maximize profits....It's asshole-ish to shit over the people that make your living just because they know that they can get away with it. Hell, they'd probably make more profit if it was a more reasonable price.
    It doesn't matter what the price is equivalent to, if I have this item that I know people will pay for it for the price of a sports car (but it cost me nothing to make), you bet I will charge a sport car for it.

And it depends on the price elasticity on it, obviously if price drop, more people might use, but how much they have to drop and for how much increase in user? For such large scale, even reduce it by $5, would affect the revenue by A LOT, it has to have THAT much more extra users that would use it for that $5 reduction, but from what I read on here people are expecting more like $15, which I doubt because it means it needs to almost double the amount of transfer to currently is to make it worth while.

If you can get away with it, of cause you would try to make more money, it is just the way of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Then vote with your wallet... stop buying their product if it makes you so 'ill'.
    And people are. And Blizzard is losing money. There is NO way they can track the people that quit because of this. If I quit tomorrow and it was because I didn't want to spend $25, they would have no way of knowing. And I am raising this awareness because it is pathetic and we are losing great players who would love to continue playing but do not want to fork out another $25 times number of character fee, just to enjoy the game. And that's another $25 for THE CHANCE the next guild / server is suited. Imagine even if you paid $25 and the guild fell apart next week. You'd bet your ass I'm not spending another $25 to gamble on the hopes of getting in a better guild to continue enjoying this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    And people are. And Blizzard is losing money. There is NO way they can track the people that quit because of this. If I quit tomorrow and it was because I didn't want to spend $25, they would have no way of knowing. And I am raising this awareness because it is pathetic and we are losing great players who would love to continue playing but do not want to fork out another $25 times number of character fee, just to enjoy the game. And that's another $25 for THE CHANCE the next guild / server is suited. Imagine even if you paid $25 and the guild fell apart next week. You'd bet your ass I'm not spending another $25 to gamble on the hopes of getting in a better guild to continue enjoying this game.

This is where you are incorrect. You also seem to be under the illusion that haven't done the math and determined that it's more profitable for them to charge 25$ than to offer the service for free or that's it's impossible to make an educated estimate on that matter.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    This is where you are incorrect. You also seem to be under the illusion that haven't done the math and determined that it's more profitable for them to charge 25$ than to offer the service for free or that's it's impossible to make an educated estimate on that matter.
    You're wrong and just because they can make a "guess" does not mean they know for a fact. If I quit tomorrow and it was because I did not want to spend $25 to transfer, they would have no way of knowing. Shit, they would probably assume it's because there's not enough daily quests. There is no way of them knowing.

the fist page is insane

If you don't want to pay the $25, reroll on another server. Pets, achievements and mounts are all account bound now. It is your choice to spend $25 to save yourself levelling, any bitching about it is on the same level as casuals wanting free epics.

I think they've lost some subs because of this. If your server gets poor or you fall out with your peers, but you don't think its worth paying for the transfer, then you're going to end up stopping playing.

However, having a cost on transfers is a good thing. Without the cost to it, people would be transferring much much more. You'll find servers get evacuated at the first sign of struggling, meaning that half the servers will be overpopulated and the other half are close to being closed entirely. This is bad for everyone. It is better for Blizzard to be able to flick the free transfer button to try and balance the server populations. This keeps the servers as balanced as possible (although there will always be extreme servers).
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

I think it should be more along the lines of 10$ for a faction / server transfer.

I mean it doesn't really cost them anything that the 15$ sub doesn't cover. But 25$ is literally almost 2 months of game time. If it was 5 - 10$ for transfers I would have done it many times already.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    If you don't want to pay the $25, reroll on another server. Pets, achievements and mounts are all account bound now. It is your choice to spend $25 to save yourself levelling, any bitching about it is on the same level as casuals wanting free epics.
    And it's people like you why this game is going where it is. Stand behind Blizzard and their ridiculous $25 fee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look, its easy, if its important enough for you to be on another server you have a couple of choices, re-roll and level again on the new server (does't take long at all), or pay the $25.

I'm certain that you think you are 100% right, but the funny thing, if Blizzard ACTUALLY thought they were losing money because players quitting over a server xfer fee they'd lower it. But they aren't.

I dont have to imagine anything, I've been in the same guild since I started years and years ago... I'm staying till Blizzard turns off the servers... I have no intention of leaving my guild. I am not so narcissistic that I have to hop from server to server to be in the best guilds.

The 'awareness' you are raising is your desire to wantonly hop from server to server with no consequence or cost. If you have 'quit' Wow because of this then all I gotta say is let it go and walk away.

--- Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem; If you are here complaining about a game you no longer play, then you are part of the problem... you are a stalker of your ex-game... Let your ex move on with their life, you move on with yours.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    I think they've lost some subs because of this. If your server gets poor or you fall out with your peers, but you don't think its worth paying for the transfer, then you're going to end up stopping playing.

However, having a cost on transfers is a good thing. Without the cost to it, people would be transferring much much more. You'll find servers get evacuated at the first sign of struggling, meaning that half the servers will be overpopulated and the other half are close to being closed entirely. This is bad for everyone. It is better for Blizzard to be able to flick the free transfer button to try and balance the server populations. This keeps the servers as balanced as possible (although there will always be extreme servers).
    And again, a a free once a month transfer would prevent people from just "hopping" around like you wildly claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    I think it should be more along the lines of 10$ for a faction / server transfer.

I mean it doesn't really cost them anything that the 15$ sub doesn't cover. But 25$ is literally almost 2 months of game time. If it was 5 - 10$ for transfers I would have done it many times already.
    and THIS is exactly WHY they dont lower it... they DONT want mass exoduses from server to server... it makes managing server populations quite difficult.

The 'awareness' you are raising is your desire to wantonly hop from server to server with no consequence or cost. If you have 'quit' Wow because of this then all I gotta say is let it go and walk away.
    You're wrong and you act like there is no alternative method... like I don't know ... a uh... once a month free transfer? Blizzard is losing subscribers and I actually know of a few. And I'm sure there's quite a bit more who would have kept playing.

I'm glad you're all in favor of consumer unfriendly services. You must have some shares in Activision - Blizzard.

---------- Post added 2013-01-19 at 10:07 AM ----------

and THIS is exactly WHY they dont lower it... they DONT want mass exoduses from server to server... it makes managing server populations quite difficult.
    It's amazing how small your mind is. You must only think in terms of binary solutions like black and white. There are multiple ways to prevent people from hopping around non stop.

And it's people like you why this game is going where it is. Stand behind Blizzard and their ridiculous $25 fee.
    I won't. I will just reroll instead. Gives me time to learn the server I am moving to as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    I won't. I will just reroll instead. Gives me time to learn the server I am moving to as well.
    Congratulations, you are not the person this post is for. You obviously, have never encountered a situation where your guild falls apart mid progression and you're stuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are right, $25 IS ridiculous.. it should be $100 per xfer per toon. and it should be allowed ONCE per the lifetime of an account.

And again, a a free once a month transfer would prevent people from just "hopping" around like you wildly claim.
    Sorry, didn't realise I was being so wild!

If I wanted to change server, I wouldn't mind doing it over a few months. If I wanted to evacuate my server, I would want to take 4 characters with me. I would be perfectly happy to wait 4 months to transfer all of them, with the knowledge that I'll eventually have my whole set over. So, no, it doesn't prevent my scenario. I would still feel more like evacuating my server, rather than working with it. You'll end up with dead servers full of alts instead.

I would however support a transfer fee which is a single cost for all characters on the same server. Its the number of toons I have that is the killer for me.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

Congratulations, you are not the person this post is for. You obviously, have never encountered a situation where your guild falls apart mid progression and you're stuck.
    You have many options in that case. Join a new guild, make your own, change mains, reroll. Only one of your options costs money and it isn't very libertarian to demand that a private organization should remove it for the public good.