Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    I think it should be more along the lines of 10$ for a faction / server transfer.

I mean it doesn't really cost them anything that the 15$ sub doesn't cover. But 25$ is literally almost 2 months of game time. If it was 5 - 10$ for transfers I would have done it many times already.
    and THIS is exactly WHY they dont lower it... they DONT want mass exoduses from server to server... it makes managing server populations quite difficult.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    The 'awareness' you are raising is your desire to wantonly hop from server to server with no consequence or cost. If you have 'quit' Wow because of this then all I gotta say is let it go and walk away.
    You're wrong and you act like there is no alternative method... like I don't know ... a uh... once a month free transfer? Blizzard is losing subscribers and I actually know of a few. And I'm sure there's quite a bit more who would have kept playing.

I'm glad you're all in favor of consumer unfriendly services. You must have some shares in Activision - Blizzard.

---------- Post added 2013-01-19 at 10:07 AM ----------

and THIS is exactly WHY they dont lower it... they DONT want mass exoduses from server to server... it makes managing server populations quite difficult.
    It's amazing how small your mind is. You must only think in terms of binary solutions like black and white. There are multiple ways to prevent people from hopping around non stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    And it's people like you why this game is going where it is. Stand behind Blizzard and their ridiculous $25 fee.
    I won't. I will just reroll instead. Gives me time to learn the server I am moving to as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    I won't. I will just reroll instead. Gives me time to learn the server I am moving to as well.
    Congratulations, you are not the person this post is for. You obviously, have never encountered a situation where your guild falls apart mid progression and you're stuck.

And it's people like you why this game is going where it is. Stand behind Blizzard and their ridiculous $25 fee.
    You are right, $25 IS ridiculous.. it should be $100 per xfer per toon. and it should be allowed ONCE per the lifetime of an account.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

And again, a a free once a month transfer would prevent people from just "hopping" around like you wildly claim.
    Sorry, didn't realise I was being so wild!

If I wanted to change server, I wouldn't mind doing it over a few months. If I wanted to evacuate my server, I would want to take 4 characters with me. I would be perfectly happy to wait 4 months to transfer all of them, with the knowledge that I'll eventually have my whole set over. So, no, it doesn't prevent my scenario. I would still feel more like evacuating my server, rather than working with it. You'll end up with dead servers full of alts instead.

I would however support a transfer fee which is a single cost for all characters on the same server. Its the number of toons I have that is the killer for me.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

Congratulations, you are not the person this post is for. You obviously, have never encountered a situation where your guild falls apart mid progression and you're stuck.
    You have many options in that case. Join a new guild, make your own, change mains, reroll. Only one of your options costs money and it isn't very libertarian to demand that a private organization should remove it for the public good.

If they don't want people to constantly transfer all they have to do is put a cool down on it. For example "You can only faction / server change every 2 weeks". Problem solved.

If they don't want people to constantly transfer all they have to do is put a cool down on it. For example "You can only faction / server change every 2 weeks". Problem solved.
    Ding ding ding. Someone gets it. There's this amazing tool that is called Bargaining. If you want to move more than once in that 2 week period, you can pay, but if not give players a chance for a free transfer.

You're wrong and you act like there is no alternative method... like I don't know ... a uh... once a month free transfer? Blizzard is losing subscribers and I actually know of a few. And I'm sure there's quite a bit more who would have kept playing.

I'm glad you're all in favor of consumer unfriendly services. You must have some shares in Activision - Blizzard.

---------- Post added 2013-01-19 at 10:07 AM ----------

It's amazing how small your mind is. You must only think in terms of binary solutions like black and white. There are multiple ways to prevent people from hopping around non stop.
    Funny you'd bring that up... I bought into Sierra Entertainment in 1994... which is now part of Activision.

You think you are entitled to jump servers whenever you wish, you can... re-roll. Newsflash, the customer IS NOT always right, no matter how much you stamp your feet and howl.

Now you are insulting me because I wont bend to your will? I can think of a number of ways to prevent server hopping.. the easiest way... end the policy of allowing server xfers unless its a blizzard decision to let folks leave X server to migrate to Z server.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    You have many options in that case. Join a new guild, make your own, change mains, reroll. Only one of your options costs money and it isn't very libertarian to demand that a private organization should remove it for the public good.
    You seriously do not get it, and you never will unless you're in that position. Luckily for me, my guild is strong.

Sorry, 2 weeks? please, you are kidding me... if its important enough to you to switch servers, then pay for it. period. too cheap to pay then deal with where you are at.

Funny you'd bring that up... I bought into Sierra Entertainment in 1994... which is now part of Activision.

You think you are entitled to jump servers whenever you wish, you can... re-roll. Newsflash, the customer IS NOT always right, no matter how much you stamp your feet and howl.

Now you are insulting me because I wont bend to your will? I can think of a number of ways to prevent server hopping.. the easiest way... end the policy of allowing server xfers unless its a blizzard decision to let folks leave X server to migrate to Z server.
    "Entitled"

Congratulations, you have graduated to moron. So now anyone who disagrees with a policy or is frustrated with the way a company handles something, or does not agree the process is worth the price is "entitled". I already said it in other posts, and obviously you're either trolling or just can't read. I agree with a time limit, but players should have the chance at a free transfer per character.

Keep thinking in black and white.

Mod Edit: No need for insults.
    Last edited by Shamanic; 2013-01-19 at 12:07 PM.

Ding ding ding. Someone gets it. There's this amazing tool that is called Bargaining. If you want to move more than once in that 2 week period, you can pay, but if not give players a chance for a free transfer.
    the only thing that you and he 'get' are you both think you are right and Blizzard is wrong. Sorry, I"m siding with Blizzard on this one.

If you play the game you are a customer too. Ever consider you might not always be right?

"Entitled"

Congratulations, you have graduated to moron. So now anyone who disagrees with a policy or is frustrated with the way a company handles something, or does not agree the process is worth the price is "entitled". I already said it in other posts, and obviously you're either trolling or just can't read. I agree with a time limit, but players should have the chance at a free transfer per character.

Keep thinking in black and white.
    I offered you a cooldown... just not 2 weeks... and calling me names isn't going to end well, cause I'll keep moving the offer even farther... so far you are up to 100$ per xfer and you can transfer one character once per life of the account... wanna try for $250 for the transfer?

Sorry, 2 weeks? please, you are kidding me... if its important enough to you to switch servers, then pay for it. period. too cheap to pay then deal with where you are at.
    It seems like you just want to argue with people for no reason. What do you care if transfers cost less money? It has nothing to do with you.

If you play the game you are a customer too. Ever consider you might not always be right?
    no one is EVER always right, EVER.

yes, I've been playing since 2007, never once considered transferring servers. I like where I'm at.

I offered you a cooldown... just not 2 weeks... and calling me names isn't going to end well, cause I'll keep moving the offer even farther... so far you are up to 100$ per xfer and you can transfer one character once per life of the account... wanna try for $250 for the transfer?
    Oh I didn't realize you were part of the Blizzard accounting team. Sorry I'll stop, please don't!

You're nuts.

The thing is that Blizzard could fix many of the reasons people transfer by merging servers together, For example, merge the four lowest populated realms to be one medium realm, and the rest that are pretty low merged with a medium population server each. That way all realms would be relatively populated and have a community.

Either way, I would suggest that the cost of Faction Change down from £20 to £10, Server Transfer and Race Changes from £15 to £10 and Name Changes down to £3 from £6. Also make Appearance Changes free and in game via the Barber Shop or something, and just make the Gender Change option cost a reasonable amount (5k on a Weekly Cooldown).
    In terms of Bulk Services, with the lower costs knock £1 off per Extra Character (£10, £8, £6...) and give each account one free Server Transfer or Faction/Race Change every four months.

These are fairly decent in terms of Blizzard still profiting and Users being slightly more satisfied. I definitely do agree they should still have a charge for services, to limit people being idiotic and abusing things, but cheaper, and an offer every few months.
    My Characters (Alliance - Shadowsong / Horde - Tarren-Mill)

Dristereau3D