Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    and THIS is exactly WHY they dont lower it... they DONT want mass exoduses from server to server... it makes managing server populations quite difficult.
    If they don't want people to constantly transfer all they have to do is put a cool down on it. For example "You can only faction / server change every 2 weeks". Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    If they don't want people to constantly transfer all they have to do is put a cool down on it. For example "You can only faction / server change every 2 weeks". Problem solved.
    Ding ding ding. Someone gets it. There's this amazing tool that is called Bargaining. If you want to move more than once in that 2 week period, you can pay, but if not give players a chance for a free transfer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    You're wrong and you act like there is no alternative method... like I don't know ... a uh... once a month free transfer? Blizzard is losing subscribers and I actually know of a few. And I'm sure there's quite a bit more who would have kept playing.

I'm glad you're all in favor of consumer unfriendly services. You must have some shares in Activision - Blizzard.

---------- Post added 2013-01-19 at 10:07 AM ----------

It's amazing how small your mind is. You must only think in terms of binary solutions like black and white. There are multiple ways to prevent people from hopping around non stop.
    Funny you'd bring that up... I bought into Sierra Entertainment in 1994... which is now part of Activision.

You think you are entitled to jump servers whenever you wish, you can... re-roll. Newsflash, the customer IS NOT always right, no matter how much you stamp your feet and howl.

Now you are insulting me because I wont bend to your will? I can think of a number of ways to prevent server hopping.. the easiest way... end the policy of allowing server xfers unless its a blizzard decision to let folks leave X server to migrate to Z server.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    You have many options in that case. Join a new guild, make your own, change mains, reroll. Only one of your options costs money and it isn't very libertarian to demand that a private organization should remove it for the public good.
    You seriously do not get it, and you never will unless you're in that position. Luckily for me, my guild is strong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, 2 weeks? please, you are kidding me... if its important enough to you to switch servers, then pay for it. period. too cheap to pay then deal with where you are at.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Funny you'd bring that up... I bought into Sierra Entertainment in 1994... which is now part of Activision.

You think you are entitled to jump servers whenever you wish, you can... re-roll. Newsflash, the customer IS NOT always right, no matter how much you stamp your feet and howl.

Now you are insulting me because I wont bend to your will? I can think of a number of ways to prevent server hopping.. the easiest way... end the policy of allowing server xfers unless its a blizzard decision to let folks leave X server to migrate to Z server.
    "Entitled"

Congratulations, you have graduated to moron. So now anyone who disagrees with a policy or is frustrated with the way a company handles something, or does not agree the process is worth the price is "entitled". I already said it in other posts, and obviously you're either trolling or just can't read. I agree with a time limit, but players should have the chance at a free transfer per character.

Keep thinking in black and white.

Mod Edit: No need for insults.
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2013-01-19 at 12:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ding ding ding. Someone gets it. There's this amazing tool that is called Bargaining. If you want to move more than once in that 2 week period, you can pay, but if not give players a chance for a free transfer.
    the only thing that you and he 'get' are you both think you are right and Blizzard is wrong. Sorry, I"m siding with Blizzard on this one.

If you play the game you are a customer too. Ever consider you might not always be right?

10+ Year Old Account
    "Entitled"

Congratulations, you have graduated to moron. So now anyone who disagrees with a policy or is frustrated with the way a company handles something, or does not agree the process is worth the price is "entitled". I already said it in other posts, and obviously you're either trolling or just can't read. I agree with a time limit, but players should have the chance at a free transfer per character.

Keep thinking in black and white.
    I offered you a cooldown... just not 2 weeks... and calling me names isn't going to end well, cause I'll keep moving the offer even farther... so far you are up to 100$ per xfer and you can transfer one character once per life of the account... wanna try for $250 for the transfer?

Sorry, 2 weeks? please, you are kidding me... if its important enough to you to switch servers, then pay for it. period. too cheap to pay then deal with where you are at.
    It seems like you just want to argue with people for no reason. What do you care if transfers cost less money? It has nothing to do with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you play the game you are a customer too. Ever consider you might not always be right?
    no one is EVER always right, EVER.

yes, I've been playing since 2007, never once considered transferring servers. I like where I'm at.

I offered you a cooldown... just not 2 weeks... and calling me names isn't going to end well, cause I'll keep moving the offer even farther... so far you are up to 100$ per xfer and you can transfer one character once per life of the account... wanna try for $250 for the transfer?
    Oh I didn't realize you were part of the Blizzard accounting team. Sorry I'll stop, please don't!

You're nuts.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The thing is that Blizzard could fix many of the reasons people transfer by merging servers together, For example, merge the four lowest populated realms to be one medium realm, and the rest that are pretty low merged with a medium population server each. That way all realms would be relatively populated and have a community.

Either way, I would suggest that the cost of Faction Change down from £20 to £10, Server Transfer and Race Changes from £15 to £10 and Name Changes down to £3 from £6. Also make Appearance Changes free and in game via the Barber Shop or something, and just make the Gender Change option cost a reasonable amount (5k on a Weekly Cooldown).
    In terms of Bulk Services, with the lower costs knock £1 off per Extra Character (£10, £8, £6...) and give each account one free Server Transfer or Faction/Race Change every four months.

These are fairly decent in terms of Blizzard still profiting and Users being slightly more satisfied. I definitely do agree they should still have a charge for services, to limit people being idiotic and abusing things, but cheaper, and an offer every few months.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

They should offer a complete guild transfer for 100$. So you can start with your Alliance guild on a new realm as a Horde guild. This would be a service many guilds would use. Or a 30$ "complete account transfer" so your 11 characters would all be transferred and turned into the other faction. Right now they get 0$ from me because it's way too expensive to pay for every character to do that.

PS: I'm playing since 2005 (EU launchday), seems to be very important here
    Last edited by Kryos; 2013-01-19 at 10:25 AM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

no one is EVER always right, EVER.

yes, I've been playing since 2007, never once considered transferring servers. I like where I'm at.
    Thats great for you, I have been playing since 2006 what do I win?

You just made my point though. You are happy with where you are. You don't belong in this thread because it has nothing to do with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems like you just want to argue with people for no reason. What do you care if transfers cost less money? It has nothing to do with you.
    Actually, it does, and I'll tell you why... if you have to option to freely bounce from server to server then you wont give a shit about your server reputation. meaning, you can be royal ass then when you cause enough havoc you'll just switch to another server. allowing unlimited server switches every 2 weeks will greatly increase the incidents of asshats everywhere, in addition it will wreck server economies.

and BOTH would be more detrimental to subscription numbers than a handful of selfish cheapskates quitting because Blizzard wont let them change servers for less than $25.

It's ridiculous. When a game like Rift is able to do it for free, there's no reason there should be one in WoW. I'm sure blizzard has lost players because for some reason or another they could not afford the $25 fee to transfer on top of their $15. Blizzard should really look at how many are quitting the game and of those who could have transferred and maybe found a better environment on another server. Also, given how long the game has been out many people may be reluctant now to spend money. And if you have $25 to throw around to find another guild, great.
    It's actually a fair price considering the benefits the particular class you are playing can receive from just faction changing. This is a pay to win feature for WoW and I dunno why they'd just give it away for free?
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2013-01-19 at 10:30 AM.

Actually, it does, and I'll tell you why... if you have to option to freely bounce from server to server then you wont give a shit about your server reputation. meaning, you can be royal ass then when you cause enough havoc you'll just switch to another server. allowing unlimited server switches every 2 weeks will greatly increase the incidents of asshats everywhere, in addition it will wreck server economies.

and BOTH would be more detrimental to subscription numbers than a handful of selfish cheapskates quitting because Blizzard wont let them change servers for less than $25.
    Ok I will break it down in points for you.

1. If you bounce from server to server causing issues you will get banned. You can't just cause issues and get away with it (even on your own server).

2. You can only transfer with a limited amount of gold. People aren't going to go from server to server with 500k gold.

3. If it cost 10$ to transfer every 2 weeks it would barely increase the amount of people using the service. A lot of people won't even play WoW because it costs 15$ a month. Much less paying another 10$ for something extra.

4. Infact people can transfer more right now if they are willing to pay 25$. I believe there is a couple day cd before you can change again.
    Last edited by nyc81991; 2013-01-19 at 10:33 AM.

you have the option to freely bounce fom server to server at the moment. the only restriction is the cost. so your point is utterly irrelevent.

make it free, and put it on a LONG cooldown (say a year) and people would be probably be a lot less likely to transfer for spurious reasons. and people that have ended up on dead servers (ironically because Blizzard allow paid transfers and so many people have left) will have an option without pouring more money into Blizzards bottomless pockets.

but it wont happen, because that will cost Blizzard money. and nothing that they have ever done during the life of this game has been about reducing the amount of money they extract from their subscribers. they have been very imaginative when it comes to creating new revenue streams, of course. but thats perfectly fair and reasonable according to that group of posters on here that seem to feel more affinity with a giant corporation than they do with their fellow customers, for some reason.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Ok I will break it down in points for you.

1. If you bounce from server to server causing issues you will get banned. You can't just cause issues and get away with it (even on your own server).

2. You can only transfer with a limited amount of gold. People aren't going to go from server to server with 500k gold.

3. If it cost 10$ to transfer every 2 weeks it would barely increase the amount of people using the service. A lot of people won't even play WoW because it costs 15$ a month. Much less paying another 10$ for something extra.
    You can transfer 500k easily from server to server if you know how to mule items that sell quickly and for a profit.