Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Why did they spoil the ending? (Siege of Orgrimmar, killing Garrosh)

Isnt this like reading a book series where the author tells you how to story's going to end about two years before the last one is out?

I think it would have been better if they kept it ambiguous. maybe garrosh would still have fans if we didn't all know that hes going to die horribly and lose the Horde.

Actually I don't believe they said he was going to die. They just said he is the last boss of the expansion. He is being corrupted by the Sha, and we know the Legion is returning. So Garrosh might walk the path his father did and bring the Legion to Azeroth, and retreat to them before we actually kill him.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

There is probably alot more to Siege of Orgrimmar than "kill Garrosh"

It will probably bring out some old god stuff or set the tone for the next expansion.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenosege View Post
    Isnt this like reading a book series where the author tells you how to story's going to end about two years before the last one is out?

I think it would have been better if they kept it ambiguous. maybe garrosh would still have fans if we didn't all know that hes going to die horribly and lose the Horde.
    asks why they spoil stuff...while looking at a data-mining website.
    Quote Originally Posted by Surreal
    grim toll is the worst trinket you could get for survival. Hands down Meteorite wheat stone is better than it.

So.. you didn't know you would have to kill the Lich King and Deathwing in previous expansions?

i think garrosh is amazing.
    hes got the old horde mentality. honor, obedience, brutality.
    thrall's willy nilly horde is not the horde. its a conglomerate of races that loaf and dont do battle. they are a peacetime organization.
    garrosh's horde is a wartime horde. he is doing nothing wrong when it comes to war. he plays to win, and thats what it takes with war.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Actually I don't believe they said he was going to die. They just said he is the last boss of the expansion. He is being corrupted by the Sha, and we know the Legion is returning. So Garrosh might walk the path his father did and bring the Legion to Azeroth, and retreat to them before we actually kill him.
    Like his father? You forgot that his father also ended the Orc's demonic corruption.
    I think Garrosh deserves to follow in his father's footsteps indeed.

Like you said, nobody confirmed that Garrosh will die, just that he's a boss. There's a big chance that he's corrupted by the Sha and perhaps we redeem him.
    I know I'd love to see Garrosh going after toe to toe with some big demons in the expansion after MoP. So I really hope he doesn't die.

Yes, indeed he should be like his father but let's keep him alive instead. Let him be a weapon of destruction against the legion.
    That's the future I had hoped for Garrosh ever since we found him in Garadar.

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 08:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xenosege View Post
    maybe garrosh would still have fans if we didn't all know that hes going to die horribly and lose the Horde.
    Ehm? He still does. I like him.

Deleted
    The main point for people might not be the ending itself but how we got to that point. Sometimes knowing the ending creates more excitement when you don't know how everything is going down yet. In the case of MoP, people are very interested in how and why we are going to kill Garrosh.

And about spoiling the expansion, there has always been the end boss on top of the box so... It isn't like this is a new thing. We have always known the end boss of the expansion and that he's going to die by our hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they told us because with this expansion covering a continent that we're not familiar with from past games that there was no prominent villain presented in the same vain as Deathwing in Cataclysm or the Lich King in WotLK. Instead they told us the major theme would be the Horde-Alliance conflict and told us Garrosh would be the final boss to give us an idea of what we were working toward.

Otherwise I feel by now people would be complain that this expansion didn't have a real villain or something.

Personally I wish they hadn't said anything about it at all. Why did they reveal it? Because the players were already pissing and moaning that this expansion sucked, there was no excitement, there was no purpose or point and I think two things happened:

1. Blizzard may have felt they needed to assure players they did have a plan and a direction they were building towards.
    2. Metzen is a 10 year old kid when it comes to lore. He gets excited and just has a hard time keeping secrets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyrd View Post
    thrall's willy nilly horde is not the horde. its a conglomerate of races that loaf and dont do battle. they are a peacetime organization.
    garrosh's horde is a wartime horde. he is doing nothing wrong when it comes to war. he plays to win, and thats what it takes with war.
    agreed, he enriched the story

10+ Year Old Account
    They told people about Garrosh being the final boss to keep them interested about the expansion. Without him, all people would have for ideas of bosses are possible unknowns that got invented to suit pandaland's story.
    Look! Words!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think guys like you fail to see all the bad shit he's caused because of an over aggressive attitude.

He brought honor did here? By stabbing one of its leaders in the back?
    He brought obedience? He held the trolls as captives on there own island, which the same 'willy nilly' Thrall broke them free from.
    Old horde mentality is what lead the old horde to ruin boyo.

Saying Garrosh is what the horde should be represented by is like saying (oh no its a godwin's law waaaah) a certain dictator from germany and what he did should represent what the Germans are about.

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 07:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    agreed, he enriched the story
    A bombing enriched the story. Garrosh just left a brown stain on it.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    How many books have you read, how many movies have you watched, where you knew who the villain was, and that the Good Guys Always Win. This is no different.

That's where the philosophy of this expansion comes in. Do the ends justify the means?

Garrosh doesn't want to win a war. He started a war with the intention of slaughtering or subjugating every living race under his rule. Is that really what's needed, what's wanted for the Horde? Is that what the Horde wants? Honestly, the expansion once again revolves around the Horde, but this time it doesn't feel like the Alliance is an afterthought since they are actually remaining the antithesis of Garrosh.

Wrathion even asks the question directly, can honor and morality win a war?

In the Alliance's case, yes, since the Horde will fracture from within just like they did in the Second War. We haven't won a war in the entirety of Warcraft's history. I blame the humans.

garrosh doesnt die, we will just wound him. thats right. orgrimmar was merely a setback. hes the next main villain the next expansion with his mogu flesh army of orcs

you heard it here first folks!

They never said he was going to die or be killed, only removed from power. Fanwank took over from there, with speculation from him being possessed by various entities to his demise, all being touted as fact instead of speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Edds View Post
    garrosh doesnt die. hes the next main villain the next expansion

you heard it here first folks!
    He dies in Siege of Orgrimmar.

.......it was merely a setback!!!!

(This post not to be taken as fact)

10+ Year Old Account
    We already knew Arthas was going to kick the bucket. As we did with Deathwing. Garrosh isn't different. As for what he is. He's plagued his own mind on what he thinks is best. The problem is people flock to him for some crazy reason. Yes he pushed war but that's from a writing perspective and from a lore perspective he's caused so many issues it isn't even funny anymore. It doesn't matter anymore.

As for Garrosh in the Siege of Orgrimmar. It all depends on what's going on in 5.2 and 5.3 to determine what will the siege be like.

Wrathion even asks the question directly, can honor and morality win a war?

In the Alliance's case, yes, since the Horde will fracture from within just like they did in the Second War. We haven't won a war in the entirety of Warcraft's history. I blame the humans.
    Of course it does. As it should be.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Adocul View Post
    asks why they spoil stuff...while looking at a data-mining website.
    Oh, so data mining goes so far as to reveal the final raid of the expansion before the expansion is even released?

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    So.. you didn't know you would have to kill the Lich King and Deathwing in previous expansions?
    Look at Wrath and Cata's boxarts, trailers etc. Yep, that looks like two big baddies... Look at Mists' boxart and trailers... How does that hint at Garrosh being the big baddie...?

Anyway, I was kinda disappointed too that they decided to spoil it and tell us of the siege and dethroning Garrosh. Would've loved the mystery of going to Pandaria, beat the baddies there and then watch as things developed, getting to hate Garrosh for his actions and then finally getting the PTR for the final raid patch and learning that we're gonna kick his ass.