Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I wonder if the reaction from the playerbase would've been muted more if the trailer had been what was originally shown at Blizzcon? Or maybe a trailer with Wrathion similar to his speeches at the beginning of the 5.1 questline? Because the original MoP video had *nothing* about Horde vs Alliance (belying Metzen's comments before its unveiling at Blizzcon; heck I thought he was talking about the xpac after MoP).
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    It's not like they didn't tell us the end Boss of every other expansion.
    True, but the last 2 were obvious villains.

"Outland? I can't wait to catch up with Illidan, Kael'thas, Vashj, Akama, and Kil'jaedan."
    "We're going to Northrend, must be time to deal with the Lich King in Icecrown."
    "Oh it's an expansion about fire, elementals, and old gods. And Blizz told us at Blizzcon that it's Deathwing."
    "A new land with many local threats? Neat, I wonder who the final boss is. Oh.... it's Garrosh, well so much for the whole mystery and multiple villains."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

basically, it's because of all the negative hype MoP was receiving from the vocal minority of haters.

"lol pandas and no villain, this expansion will suck lolz. my little panda online ROFL"
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

I think they revealed it so we'd have an idea on what the heck MoP was building towards. Before they released the information the expansion didn't really look like it had any overall point to it. We were just seemingly going to muck around on a new continent that had little to nothing to do with the rest of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    I wonder if the reaction from the playerbase would've been muted more if the trailer had been what was originally shown at Blizzcon? Or maybe a trailer with Wrathion similar to his speeches at the beginning of the 5.1 questline? Because the original MoP video had *nothing* about Horde vs Alliance (belying Metzen's comments before its unveiling at Blizzcon; heck I thought he was talking about the xpac after MoP).

Yeah, the original teaser being atrocious didn't help matters. I even admit that I wasn't completely sold on MoP until after the press conference, and it was probably in part because the teaser didn't make a good first impression.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Because when they said MoP has no central villain, the wrath/cata babies whined this means the plot would be cheapened without a villain.

So Blizz came clean that Garrosh is the villain, he's just not on the box.
    The never said he was the main villain. He's just in the last patch. I can't find the quote that says he is indeed the final boss. If someone has that handy could you please post it. Swore they never said last boss. My theory is that what ever is controlling or corrupting him is the final boss.

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 10:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    What if we all walk into the Warchief's room and find 'Warchief' Malkorok and Garrosh is mysteriously missing? DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUNNN

I guess we won't know what will happen until the patch actually comes out.

Considering this was an expansion without a 'main boss' like LK and Cata, it was a crime for Blizzard to spoil the ending. So much potential for suspense and that all ruined because we know the end result (Garrosh no longer being warchief).
    But do you really know how it ends? Do you know the story that leads to both factions removing Garrosh form power? The only thing we know is the name and location of the last raid and one of its bosses? Nothing has been spoiled.

I keep hearing this stuff about him becoming corrupted by the Sha.. Is it not possible that he actually harnasses the power of the sha? One of the things i hate about his whole universe is that Metzen is a total hack, and EVERYTHING comes down to someone being possessed, tainted, corrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenosege View Post
    Isnt this like reading a book series where the author tells you how to story's going to end about two years before the last one is out?

I think it would have been better if they kept it ambiguous. maybe garrosh would still have fans if we didn't all know that hes going to die horribly and lose the Horde.
    Who said he was going to die? It might merely be a setback!
    "Peace is a lie"

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    I keep hearing this stuff about him becoming corrupted by the Sha.. Is it not possible that he actually harnasses the power of the sha? One of the things i hate about his whole universe is that Metzen is a total hack, and EVERYTHING comes down to someone being possessed, tainted, corrupted.
    Moira Bronzebeard dislikes this!
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhamer View Post
    The never said he was the main villain. He's just in the last patch. I can't find the quote that says he is indeed the final boss. If someone has that handy could you please post it. Swore they never said last boss. My theory is that what ever is controlling or corrupting him is the final boss.
    While I don't believe they've explicitly stated "Garrosh will be the final boss of the Siege of Orgrimmar raid", they have stated that the goal of the Siege of Orgrimmar raid is going to be to dethrone Garrosh. To me, that puts the chances of him being the actual final boss at upwards of 90%. Especially when you consider the fact Blizzard has yet to do a "secret bonus final boss" in the final raid of an expansion.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Isnt this like reading a book series where the author tells you how to story's going to end about two years before the last one is out?

I think it would have been better if they kept it ambiguous. maybe garrosh would still have fans if we didn't all know that hes going to die horribly and lose the Horde.
    So people didn't rage quit over pandas. So Alliance players woudn't rage quit from getting their asses handed to them at each and every conflict since Cataclysm. So Horde players wouldn't rage quit over being villains.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    I think for once it's actually going to be him controlling the energy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    They never said he was going to die or be killed, only removed from power. Fanwank took over from there, with speculation from him being possessed by various entities to his demise, all being touted as fact instead of speculation.
    Under the current circumstances his death would be the only real solution for the entire conflict. He's simply gone way to far. We also have to take into consideration that he is thrown at the Alliance as appeasement for Cataclysm.

blizzards main weakness is hype. look at diablo 3 as well as pretty much every expansion and game they put out. hype ype hype hype hype. if blizzard let people sit around and speculate who the final boss would be people would end up expecting sargeras riding on the back of a giant azshara while he wields illidans bones made to be shaped like a guitar.

we already knew about illidan and arthas and deathwing it isnt any different this time
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    So they can actually build a story without looking a complete surprise. Garrosh is the antagonist of MoP, he is reckless and in-your-face type. Him being the end boss twist would work. This way they can work on another twist

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Like his father? You forgot that his father also ended the Orc's demonic corruption.
    I think Garrosh deserves to follow in his father's footsteps indeed.

Like you said, nobody confirmed that Garrosh will die, just that he's a boss. There's a big chance that he's corrupted by the Sha and perhaps we redeem him.
    I know I'd love to see Garrosh going after toe to toe with some big demons in the expansion after MoP. So I really hope he doesn't die.

Yes, indeed he should be like his father but let's keep him alive instead. Let him be a weapon of destruction against the legion.
    That's the future I had hoped for Garrosh ever since we found him in Garadar.

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 08:50 PM ----------

Ehm? He still does. I like him.
    How does what I said mean I forgot that his father ended the corruption? I said he might do what his father did and begin a Legion campaign. But I should have re-thought how I worded it. Garrosh is nothing like, nor will ever be like his father. I have hated Garrosh since he started using Gorehowl. I always have, and always will fight for the true Horde. Grom's Horde. The Horde that Thrall worked tirelessly to create in honor of the greatest Orc to live.

I don't think there's any redeeming for Garrosh. He will either die, or leave the Horde.

1. We have no idea if Garrosh will die.

2. We have no idea who the next Warchief will be.

3. We have no idea who will live/die.

4. We have no idea how the Raid will play out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    I think for once it's actually going to be him controlling the energy.
    Overall Garrosh has already done more then enough to merit the Horde rising against him and the Alliance wanting to bring him down, it's just a matter of both factions waiting for the opportune time. Any corruption at this point would be completely redundant.

While I'm sure it'll be more then just Garrosh and a few hardcore loyalists in Orgrimmar (he needs to be a credible threat to both factions all the way to the end of the raid after all), there's no need to have his motives and goals magically altered.

Deleted
    i dnt see why its a bad thing they said we were gonna kill garrosh.

i mean they did it with illidan/lich king and Deathwing, then why does it matter all of this sudden when they tell it about garrosh!
    if anything im more excited about this end game patch then any other since i can finally kill the son of an orc!

Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    i dnt see why its a bad thing they said we were gonna kill garrosh.

i mean they did it with illidan/lich king and Deathwing, then why does it matter all of this sudden when they tell it about garrosh!
    if anything im more excited about this end game patch then any other since i can finally kill the son of an orc!
    We knew 10 years ago Arthas and Deathwing were going to die :P

Illidan isn't dead.

They also didn't say Garrosh will die.

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    So people didn't rage quit over pandas. So Alliance players woudn't rage quit from getting their asses handed to them at each and every conflict since Cataclysm. So Horde players wouldn't rage quit over being villains.
    This. The "LOLWUT PANDAS" reaction after the expansion announcement made them change their marketing strategy a bit. They wanted to go in a more edgy/dark route with it to keep the panda-haters interested. They also redid the Jade Forest zone during beta for the same reason, in my opinion.